Thread: F.O.V and Wow

F.O.V and Wow

Is there any way to change the field of view ingame?
    how?

There are addons able to create a viewport, by which the field of view is more commonly widened by shrinking it at the top and bottom.
    I believe a similar approach is also used to move addons over two a second monitor by limiting the field of view to a single monitor, so leaving one for the game world, and one for the stuff which otherwise blocks your view of it.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    "Viewport" and "Aperture" are commonly used/suggested Viewport addons, as is "CT_Viewport".

Deleted
    The height of the viewport is fixed, while the width is appropriately sized.

You can manually modify the WorldFrame's (the frame that handles 3D rendering) in-game.
    First, run this script once:
    Code:
    /run WorldFrame:SetUserPlaced(true)
    This causes the Client to remember the position of your world frame between sessions.
    Afterwards, you can reposition the WorldFrame using this line of code:
    Code:
    /run WorldFrame:ClearAllPoints() WorldFrame:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", 0, 0) WorldFrame:SetPoint("BOTTOMRIGHT", 0, 0)
    What you need to change are the four zeros in this line of code. The first two modify the X and Y offset of the WorldFrame's top left corner.
    Positive X values move the corner to the right, negative to the left (off your screen).
    Positive Y values move the corner up (off the screen), negative ones move it down.
    The same functionality applies to the third and fourth zero and the bottom right corner.

For example:
    Code:
    /run WorldFrame:ClearAllPoints() WorldFrame:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", 0, 0) WorldFrame:SetPoint("BOTTOMRIGHT", 0, 50)
    This would put the World Frame's bottom edge 50 pixels above the screen's bottom edge and make your field of view a bit wider.

15+ Year Old Account
    i used this addon for quite some time, it's easy to edit so take a look.
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...4943-rFov.html

No way to do this without the black bars? :/

I do not believe so no.
    Some UI compilations will utilise those bars by using them for fubar or data broker displays, or with textures make them appealing visually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd
    I believe a similar approach is also used to move addons over two a second monitor by limiting the field of view to a single monitor, so leaving one for the game world, and one for the stuff which otherwise blocks your view of it.
    How do I do that? I've got 2 monitors and everything, but WoW only runs on one of them.
    Last edited by Zantumall; 2010-07-20 at 05:12 AM.
    Thank you dubbelbasse for the excellent sig!

Not something I had attempted myself, so that was from memory, but it seems to be supported by this guide at wow.com.
    Looks like it may be a bit outdated, but from what I can see the general principles should still apply.

You need to have fairly recent graphics drivers in order to have the option to stretch the desktop across both screens. If you don't have the option to stretch it across both screens as a large horizontal desktop, there's no way I've found to do it. (And I've looked extensively. I wanted to do it but I don't have the option )