Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Yeah, really... The only people I can see complaining about a system that brings guilds closer together and gives them one more thing to work together on would be the sort of person that rubs EVERYONE the wrong way due to thier crappy personality and is constantly getting kicked out of guilds.

Another poster had it right, this change is FANTASTIC for the game in general. Fewer guilds in which people will actually want to be in and being better people in general as to not have to start all over again and gain rep in another guild to get their perks. A server with 30 or so max level guilds with 500+ people would be so much better then a server with 500 guilds with stupid guild tags running around making people's lives that much more difficult.

The health care bill comparison (making so you're "always in a guild") was mildly amusing. Other than that, this thread is just the standard "WoW is going to end" complaining that goes on whenever something is new or changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxx View Post
    But there's not a single buff in there that will make Puggy McGee do any less than UberGuildMaster Joe.
    Thanks for the new signature.

To the OP, chill out. These have no real impact on endgame, player performance, any of that. The morons in trade that will be "LFGuild, Must be lvl 25" are the same morons posting "LFGuild, must have H LK on farm". People who want to be carried will just have to change their LFGuild macro is all.
    But there's not a single buff in there that will make Puggy McGee do any less than UberGuildMaster Joe.

No one canhave anymore control than you give them so youll miss out on 10% xp big whoop if i choose to level without a guild who cares whatll it be like 2 extra quests maybe a full dungeon do what you wanna do but dont complain if what you wanna do seems a bit harder than you would like it to be

10+ Year Old Account
    but i lyk being in a guild and wana grind rep whit it, sounds fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jcf190 View Post
    Small guilds will level just as fast as large guilds. There's an xp cap. So, pretty much everything you said is moot.
    Exactly. The only people getting hurt are the lones wolves. Sadly, wow isn't a soloing game but a COMMUNITY one.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    Exactly. The only people getting hurt are the lones wolves. Sadly, wow isn't a soloing game but a COMMUNITY one.
    As someone who usually plays as a "lone wolf", even I think this really isn't something to whine over.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle View Post
    What are you people talking about? You're the people that won't run Kara with me because you already have the Achievement, you're the people that won't help me kite huge bosses into a city because sitting in Dalaran is more intense, you're the people that won't heal or tank for our ToC25 raid because you're already in ICC gear, how would you know about ignoring the small stuff? You take everything you can get. Are you going to ignore all these "perks" just for no reason? No, the optimal thing would be to join a guild now, and that's what I'm saying, everyone does the optimal so being guildless shouldn't even exist anymore.
    ITT: You're the people who have better things to do than please me!

The majority of people in this game who are the way you say they are won't give a shit about the guild talents anyways and continue to play the game the way they choose. Join a guild or don't, but don't think that anything in this game is necessary and requires you to do something you don't want to do, oh except socialize since it's a fucking MMO. If you want a single player RPG go play Elder Scrolls Oblivion, otherwise deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle View Post
    What are you people talking about? You're the people that won't run Kara with me because you already have the Achievement, you're the people that won't help me kite huge bosses into a city because sitting in Dalaran is more intense, you're the people that won't heal or tank for our ToC25 raid because you're already in ICC gear, how would you know about ignoring the small stuff? You take everything you can get. Are you going to ignore all these "perks" just for no reason? No, the optimal thing would be to join a guild now, and that's what I'm saying, everyone does the optimal so being guildless shouldn't even exist anymore.

I'd like to remind the OP of what a guild actually is.

It's an organization of individuals who share mutual goals, whether it's social, PvP, dungeons, raids, or combination thereof. With several million people playing this game in each region of realms, I find it hard to believe that you can't find a guild that shares your common interests in what you do with WoW. Which means that it's a matter of you -won't- find a guild, because for some reason you joined an MMORPG to interact with others as little as possible except when it suits your own interests, which if no one wants to do what you want to do, such as go to raid zones from previous expansions or even from the same expansion but just a content patch or two ago, we're the assholes? I think not.

If you don't want to join a guild, hey that's your deal and you're welcome to it. But don't pull the elitist card on us when we don't want to do what you want to do, remember that you're the one who has no desire to be in a guild with other like-minded individuals who share the same goals as you do.

All I'm hearing from you so far is that you want to be the lone wolf, but only when it suits you and that when you want to get something done that you can't do alone, shame on us for not joining you? You don't get it both ways, you chose to be the lone wolf, now live with it.
    Last edited by Sidonis; 2010-07-19 at 03:42 AM.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

Quote Originally Posted by Garekh View Post
    As someone who usually plays as a "lone wolf", even I think this really isn't something to whine over.
    Right, cause even the "Lone Wolves" aren't LOOSING anything.

If you weren't in a guild before then you OBVIOUSLY were not worried about optimization before, just continue on like you have. Or you could find yourself a guild...or MAKE a guild with only you in it...

---------- Post added 2010-07-19 at 03:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sidonis View Post
    I'd like to remind the OP of what a guild actually is.

It's an organization of individuals who share mutual goals, whether it's social, PvP, dungeons, raids, or combination thereof. With several million people playing this game in each region of realms, I find it hard to believe that you can't find a guild that shares your common interests in what you do with WoW. Which means that it's a matter of you -won't- find a guild, because for some reason you joined an MMORPG to interact with others as little as possible except when it suits your own interests, which if no one wants to do what you want to do, such as go to raid zones from previous expansions or even from the same expansion but just a content patch or two ago, we're the assholes? I think not.

If you don't want to join a guild, hey that's your deal and you're welcome to it. But don't pull the elitist card on us when we don't want to do what you want to do, remember that you're the one who has no desire to be in a guild with other like-minded individuals who share the same goals as you do.

All I'm hearing from you so far is that you want to be the lone wolf, but only when it suits you and that when you want to get something done that you can't do alone, shame on us for not joining you? You don't get it both ways, you chose to be the lone wolf, now live with it.

QFT, couldn't have put it better myself.

10 man raids - The cancer of WoW
    Arenas - The cancer of WoW
    Badge Gear - The cancer of WoW
    Attunements - The cancer of WoW
    No Attunements - The cancer of WoW
    Easy Epics - The cancer of WoW
    Hardmodes - The cancer of WoW
    ToC - The cancer of WoW
    ICC buff - The cancer of WoW
    Rated bgs - The cancer of WoW
    10/25 raids sharing lockout - The cancer of WoW
    Worgens - The cancer of WoW
    Goblins - The cancer of WoW
    Garrosh - The cancer of WoW
    Sylvanas being a bitch - The cancer of WoW
    Real ID - The cancer of WoW
    Smaller Talent trees - The cancer of WoW

How is WoW still alive?

10+ Year Old Account
    While I like the guild perks I do agree about the rich getting richer that will occur from this.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

well, guild perks are something i am surprised they haven't brought out earlier then this. not a big fan of the idea, but i wasn't a big fan of the achivement system either nor am i a big fan of GS.

people are saying that there will be a spam everywhere from those looking for a high level guild (which if they get in will have to do alot of work before they can get the perks), but isn't this similar to how things are now? and have been for the last year or so? (more so now mind)

I mean how often do you see someone shout in chat, LFM - "Raid here" "****GS min" "link achivement"?
    all this guild perks means is people will have something else to shout about, sides if your not in a guild, it no biggy, the pug groups will still go ahead, the gear which you can buy for being in a guild will be re-placed quickly anyway (through crafts/instances/raids) so nothing all that much to worry about.. the extra % you get for leveling up.... if you really need this then you are seriously in too much of a rush to hit cap level.. as getting 1-70 takes no time at all these days and 70-80 can be done in-side a few days to a week depending upon how often you play.

Alot of the changes i am not that happy about (though i haven't tested them, so for all i know they may work better). personally i pre-fer how things were pre-tbc. alot of classes however do seem to be new classes completly... but we will see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Then go to a guild master, grab like 10 newbies and pay them 1g a pop (lul, one daily's work in Wrath) for signatures, boot them, and level your you-only guild if you think you OMGMUSTHAVETHEM.

These new talents meant to make raiding and PvPing more enjoyable and less frustrating for guild groups aren't the cancer, people like you who whine and cry every time something changes that they can't think outside the box to use for their own benefit is announced are.
    I think he have to be the new troll forum... I mean, I never saw someone raging for so small things. Even me I never did!
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by pomop View Post
    They got rid of talents awhile ago, and like it says at the top of the page, they are perks. When you reach that level, your guild unlocks that perk. Everybody in your guild gets it.
    Not exactly. There's still the issue of guild rep. Folks will still have to have the reputation in order to buy it. Sorta like the Shattered Sun stuff. Just because stuff was unlocked, didn't mean all items were initially able to be purchased. You still needed the rep. But once you get the rep, yes, you'll be able to buy it. And the good news is you earn it. NO GM decides who gets it based on ranks or any of that crap. If you earn the rep and the guild has unlocked the perk, you're golden. It's about as fair as there is in WoW.

Also, some folks are confused. For the talent that contributes money to the guild bank. YOU don't put that money in there out of your loot. It's EXTRA. So, if your mob drops 1 gold, you KEEP 1gold. AND... the guild bank would get 5 silver or 10 silver depending on the rank of the perk.

See, it's an EXTRA. It's a way to help guild's fund progression raiding and guild repairs as I have a feeling that they want to remove the NEED to farm/AH stuff in order to raid as much as possible because it's an overhead that time restricted people can't afford.

Oh, and I'm GLAD to see the return of Cauldrons. I dunno how they will be manifest this time or if they will remain Resist only. If they are expanded to flasks, which I'd like to see, then it would harm Alchemy a bit (probably more than a bit), but it would really lower the cost of raiding which is a good thing in my book. Especially with the elevation of 10 man raiding, it looks like it would be a good move. I'm interested to see how it plays out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look. If you don't feel like being in a guild oh well! You won't get your 10%more rep/exp but it really does not matter much.

And as others said even if you spam LF for a lvl 25 Guild you will
    1st prolly being ignored and denied most guild.
    2nd will not earn ANYTHING until you start helping the guild so you might as well get a lvl 1 guild and the same thing will happen as fast.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradoxx View Post
    I don't see a single guild talent that will affect your raid performance.

Its a bunch of nice touches, sure. But there's not a single buff in there that will make Puggy McGee do any less than UberGuildMaster Joe.
    Your signature image is huge. Remove it and go read the signature rules.

And on the subject: Ridiculous. Your argument is terrible and full of holes OP.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayt View Post
    So prior to knowing how it works your passing judgement .. brilliant. We all appreciate the concern and it's not completely unfounded, however you really should stop to think about how little you know prior to passing final judgement.
    This.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Being bad never felt so good!"

people wanting to raid with their guild and guilds recruiting will kill the community of your server? Is joining a guild going to kill you?
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.