Smile Shaman Elementals

Seeing as they require some love and need to be buffed. I will talk about my ideas for them.

Mage
    - Water Elemental is now renamed to Ice Elemental.

Shaman
    - New abilities: Water and Air Elemental.
    - Earth, Fire, Water and Air Elemental are no longer bound to a totem.
    - All Elementals have a 2 minute cooldown. All share the same cooldown.
    - All Elementals last 30 seconds and only one Elemental can be active at a time.
    - All Elementals provide a self-buff to the shaman and in no way, provide any buffs to party and/or raid members.
    - Earth and Fire Elemental are trained at level 45 and Water and Fire Elemental are trained at level 65.
    - All Elementals recieve 60% of the shaman's strength, stamina and intellect.

Just what I've provided and thought about so far... I really wish Blizzard did something about the Elementals.

I'll leave you guys to come up with the abilities the Elementals could have, use your imagination though, and remember; no party/raid buffs! Have fun.

So... more or less... you could have the Fire ele up every other trash pull in a raid? (and looking at the 5 mans so far probably every second pull in their)

The cooldown would need to stay as it is atm...

Ele will no longer lack in Aoe with earthquake totem/nova/fire ele
    Enhancement could maybe use an aoe, but tbh, being in "melee" they get an easier time with nova/totem placement than an Ele so maybe not required.

a spell power boost to the fire based on Agi/Int (the new spell power stat) at 60% would be cool i guess, suppose it depends on numbers. might need changing
    same for stam on Earth etc

As for water elemental, im not really sure its needed. Besides, what would it do? heal?
    Air i could go for, maybe a direct dps single target ability, rather than using an aoe one on bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Helansin View Post
    So... more or less... you could have the Fire ele up every other trash pull in a raid? (and looking at the 5 mans so far probably every second pull in their)

The cooldown would need to stay as it is atm...

Ele will no longer lack in Aoe with earthquake totem/nova/fire ele
    Enhancement could maybe use an aoe, but tbh, being in "melee" they get an easier time with nova/totem placement than an Ele so maybe not required.

a spell power boost to the fire based on Agi/Int (the new spell power stat) at 60% would be cool i guess, suppose it depends on numbers. might need changing
    same for stam on Earth etc

As for water elemental, im not really sure its needed. Besides, what would it do? heal?
    Air i could go for, maybe a direct dps single target ability, rather than using an aoe one on bosses.
    Umm. The reason I'm opting for a change is because, the Elementals are on a 10 MINUTE cooldown, last 2 minutes and are connected to a 5 health totem which dies from a Moonfire.

Fire would be for Elemental DPS
    Earth would be for shaman survivability and other such buffs.
    Water would be for self-heals.
    Air would be a buff to Enhancement DPS

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, that's just wrong. Elemental totems share a percentage of their master's stamina and intellect and are actually difficult to one shot. Plus, in raids they're hardly ever targeted...and can't be used in arena. Are you proposing this change based solely on bgs and duels?

This actually made me wonder, are the same cooldown restrictions currently in arena going to apply to rated bgs?

A pet bar for my current Elemental would be enough.

5 minute base cooldown, 2 minute shared cooldown

Fire elemental stays the same
    Earth elemental stays the same
    Water elemental might...increase healing? Heal the raid? Not sure.
    Air elemental will be melee...increases melee haste and attacks similarly to enhance.

My own thoughts.

Also, all eles get the pet bar ^^

I don't see anything wrong with elemental pets, and to me this would be a total waste of time considering what other things could be focused on during the cata reworks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

Quote Originally Posted by Vargarii View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with elemental pets, and to me this would be a total waste of time considering what other things could be focused on during the cata reworks.
    same and im usually looking for something to better improve ele dps lol

Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    same and im usually looking for something to better improve ele dps lol
    Haha, Elemental is easy enough; only pressing 3 buttons.

I think earth and fire elementals are fine as they are, and more elementals would mean more cooldowns to consider. However, if this were to be implemented, I'd suggest making the air elemental a ranged, single target dps guy. Mages can keep their water elemental.

I just want a permanent elemental pet. It makes me so sad that mages get a perma water ele, and the master of the elements can't figure out how to keep the dam thing around more than 2 minutes.

31 point ele talent could be unbound elemental and keeps a fire ele up at all times (not attached to a totem). I'd like that more than Earthquake as Earthquake doesn't feel epic in any way and doesn't feel like it should be a 31 point talent.
    Last edited by Hardcream; 2010-07-20 at 04:39 PM.