Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Why is Lava still not dangerous to cross?

I've been wondering why Lava still deals only around 500 dmg.
    Back in classic it was dangerous to stay in the lava for more than 3 ticks without any heal and now in Cataclysm you can still cross Lava without any thoughts of danger.
    It should deal at least 35% damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    And how can a tank survive a cleave from a dragon, who is about as big as a mountain?

And how can we use basic campfire under water?!!
    The goblin warrior, Gallywix!
    "And the Heavens shall tremble!"

My name is Kenneth044, and I'm an altoholic!

There was updated, stronger lava in Northrend that dealt much more damage, but yeah the old stuff is pretty tame. I'd agree that it should just do a % of damage to make it lethal at all levels.
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

I totally support this thread, in fact i believOH MY GOD HELP ME HELP IM MELTalbablb.........

Mmmm I slightly agree. There should be a "danger" from falling into Lava no matter how epic your character is. Having it do a constant 25% of your health damage would kill every one who doesn't heal after the third tic with how having to worry about low levels getting screwed since it would scale.

try it as a lvl 1 then its hard

I agree.

Lava should do a percentage of max life just like fall damage imo.

I'm so god damn powerful I bathe in lava. What better way to show how strong you are?
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth044 View Post

cause basic campfire is the strongest creature created by blizzard.

C.M.S, My favorite thing to start the morning with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soranis View Post
    cause basic campfire is the strongest creature created by blizzard.
    It has lots of charisma too; I feel a rise in spirit whenever I see one.
    Last edited by RBFxJMH; 2010-07-19 at 12:46 PM.

And how can a tank survive a cleave from a dragon, who is about as big as a mountain?

Silly reply. He's simply suggesting it should scale. Also since a dragon is an imaginary creature who's to say a "cleave" from a dragon should kill you.... if you really want to take it to this level.

This.
    Backstab!<=Q(^_^)===Q>==>(X_x)Q
    Pro at stunnlocking clothies to death since 2005.

http://www.youtube.com/user/badde09

Deleted
    I crossed lava once, and he gathered his boys and did a drive-by on my family.

I will never cross him again.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Silly reply. He's simply suggesting it should scale. Also since a dragon is an imaginary creature who's to say a "cleave" from a dragon should kill you.... if you really want to take it to this level.
    Considering its mass, estimated physiology, and the estimated similarity with Azeroth and Earths physics, I would say it is a fair assertion. I mean come on, that shit is huge.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

15+ Year Old Account
    There is no logic in WoW

If there was ALL attacks should be based on % of the opponents health not a fixed number like it is now. Which in the end would mean there is no point with different size healthpools, they should all be the same and as a result Stamina is not needed anymore so more of the DMG stats on gear which would increase the % damage dealth on the opponent which will kill them faster ;P

As a result the only real way to survive is by defensive stats such as blocks/parry/dodge
    Last edited by Spl4sh3r; 2010-07-19 at 12:58 PM.

Can a vampire cross moving lava?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    Can a vampire cross moving lava?
    Depends, it sparks with the sun or turn into ashes?

Magic is the answer to everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know the fire storms in the lava surrounding the Sartharion.. Well i used to heal while flying from its knockback effect just to land in another one and be thrown up in air again... I was playing a resto druid in TREE form... Dunno what you expect from word 'reality'

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pvpganker View Post
    I've been wondering why Lava still deals only around 500 dmg.
    Back in classic it was dangerous to stay in the lava for more than 3 ticks without any heal and now in Cataclysm you can still cross Lava without any thoughts of danger.
    It should deal at least 35% damage.
    Epic shoes!