Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I love how people read the entire thread :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Solid rage...but I ment my time in game. If I am carrying a group so much I deserve a reward at the end. They may be human, but they aren't on my server so they might as well not even be real.
    So as one dps doing 50% of the dmg (so you say) I presume your point is aimed at the other 2 dps? What about the Tank allowing you to DPS? Or the healer keeping you 2 guys alive? What makes your game time more valuable than the others?

Your carrying a group because you decided to join that group/random/raid (I know LFD is random but your well aware of that before clicking 'Queue') so your point is just a tad invalid claiming you deserve a reward..

I just dinged my last and final toon to 80 the other day (9th on the server slot on my account) and its prats like you that make life hell for the casuals, noobs and even hardcore people just wanting to play the game and have fun / progress / do the odd dungeon.

I need on everything from the last boss I can. After carrying a big part of the group through the entire dungeon I think I deserve this.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie View Post
    Solid rage...but I ment my time in game. If I am carrying a group so much I deserve a reward at the end. They may be human, but they aren't on my server so they might as well not even be real.

No, you really don't. You think you do. That's not actually deserving something, that's just arrogance combined with a sense of entitlement.

There is absolutely no difference between needing on a 200 someone else needs as an upgrade, and doing the same thing on a 232 or a piece of raid loot from ICC. They all spring from the same principle: "I don't care whether someone else needs this as an upgrade, my ability to sell it for a few gold is more important." People I see doing this, no matter where it is, are people I don't work with again. Normally, it's just a simple /ignore as they're from another server. Occasionally, I get people from my own server that I won't work with in pug groups for raids... and they act shocked that I'm actually holding them accountable for their actions.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    See... if you just answer my question... the hate will stop. .
    prot paladin with mostly ret gear

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual
    Because being fully enchanted and having epic gems is essential for scub heroics amirite?
    cheap enchants and blue gems in gear you will have for a while.. essential, no. but if i end up carrying the weight because you're too lazy to do anything don't QQ if you miss out on 20g at the end. You're welcome for the sub 15 min run.
    Last edited by Smoopie; 2010-07-19 at 04:59 PM.

So the added 30ish (given expensive drops) is really worth it? That's just being a jerk. If you're so 1337 doing most of the damage in a LFG dungeon gratz, but don't complain. If you don't want to carry it all on your own, find a friend and bring them along so it isn't just you. Wait, this might imply you have friends, but you're just being a jerk anyways...

Besides, if you really need the gold, just do a daily quest or two and you get the same amount of added gold.

Quote Originally Posted by JackalopeSpam View Post
    Besides, if you really need the gold, just do a daily quest or two and you get the same amount of added gold.
    I'm nearly gold capped at this point thanks to gdkp runs, I don't do it because I need it.

I like all the people raging at Smoopie. Keep doing what you're doing!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Omen321 View Post
    im a tank .. overgeared for any heroic .. i need ANYTHING and everything i can .. if i win something and somone needs it have the balls to say "hey i can actually use that could i have it ?" or if they are real assholes "hey i'll give you vendor price for that"
    In my mind the very definition of a selfish idiot!!

I REALLY can't tell if you are just trolling or not. I haven't given you an infraction on the basis that you might really be that selfish IRL and just don't see what a prat it makes you. If you disagree please tell me so I can give you the infraction for trolling and ban you!

If I do 50% or more of the damage in a run I'll need on anything for my time sorry.
    If you need stuff from heroics AND you're doing 50% or more of the damage...That group does infact deserve to have their characters deleted and their license to reproduce revoked.

Bonus if you're doing it as a tank or healer.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I do 50% or more of the damage in a run I'll need on anything for my time sorry.
    This is the kind of selfish attitude that makes PUGging so much fun. Sure, if I go on my main I do insane amounts of tanking/healing/DPSing/whatever: I massively outgear the content. For those folks gearing an alt (or a brand new 80), however, you're just being a jerk. Why would you even bother running the daily LFG with that sort of an attitude? Obviously you don't need anything from it: GTFO.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry View Post
    If you need stuff from heroics AND you're doing 50% or more of the damage...That group does infact deserve to have their characters deleted and their license to reproduce revoked.

Bonus if you're doing it as a tank or healer.
    Done it as DK tank!
    but in all serious no, i dont and cant honestly say ive encountered anyone who does, at least noone that sticks out. I'll just assume you taking a very small problem out of context and turning it into another big deal =P

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you tried telling the group you want a particular item in advance? A lot of people who are needing are only doing so because everyone else does - letting them know you want the item may change their behaviour.

Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by DocQuantum View Post
    This is the kind of selfish attitude that makes PUGging so much fun. Sure, if I go on my main I do insane amounts of tanking/healing/DPSing/whatever: I massively outgear the content. For those folks gearing an alt (or a brand new 80), however, you're just being a jerk. Why would you even bother running the daily LFG with that sort of an attitude? Obviously you don't need anything from it: GTFO.
    Emblem of frost are 25g each, EoT 5g, daily is like 28g? so for less than 15 mins you get like 90g

Deleted
    Your "time".

Sorry, but no-one makes you use the dungeon finder, your "time" means nothing.

When you do 50%+ of the grps dmg your you normaly dont care much about the loot or small amounts of gold you can get from a random hc. I do 50-60% in more or less every random i do when i want my shiny badges, and i always pass on the loot cus its quicker, and i can start killing more mobs so we can get out of the crappy hc as fast as possible. If you have problems getting gold for your repairs Smoopie you should try and use your head and farm AH.

Deleted
    Emblem of frost are 25g each, EoT 5g, daily is like 28g? so for less than 15 mins you get like 90g
    So wtf do you need to extra for, your an arse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fex View Post
    ...implement GDKP as an in-game loot option, and use it as the default loot system for LFG dungeon groups. Problem solved.
    fairness ftw, idiots will be crying however since they can't hang on to gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Quincey View Post
    Done it as DK tank!
    but in all serious no, i dont and cant honestly say ive encountered anyone who does, at least noone that sticks out. I'll just assume you taking a very small problem out of context and turning it into another big deal =P
    And you actually could get an upgrade from a heroic?

I've came close on my fresh 80 warrior, but at about 45-49% I normally hit a wall and just can't cross 50.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Lomppa View Post
    If you have problems getting gold for your repairs Smoopie you should try and use your head and farm AH.
    I know right, please post tips. I've never heard of this ah before.......

Try reading the thread, then come back.

If I am doing the heroic, I might as well get the most out of it. Most people don't care anyway, plus you never see them again