Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Smile Updated Player Models

So on the front page Boubouille posted a blue post about char models, fingers crossed they do a nice surprise and re do them for cata

We definitely want to do it. Our artists would love to - believe me. The worgen and goblin took an enormous amount of art and animation time for Cataclysm. It's definitely on the list though. We recognize the problem with old models in shiny new armor. Zarhym

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping right along with you. It needs to be done.

Even though this would be incredibly awesome, i doubt it would happen, and if it did, it would push the release date back a couple of months then, and i don't think players want that to happen for new models

It's been 10,00... 5 years! Finally some more pixels.

---------- Post added 2010-07-19 at 11:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by twister1279 View Post
    Even though this would be incredibly awesome, i doubt it would happen, and if it did, it would push the release date back a couple of months then, and i don't think players want that to happen for new models
    They wouldn't be new models. They'd just be re-textured, wireframed and meshed. It doesn't take that long.

The fact that he says that they would love to, implies that they are currently not. It is starting to sound like the dance studio. Which is a real shame, because we need this more than customizable dances.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Deleted
    Wouldn't mind the release date being pushed back a little if its not only that they will make more shiny. At the same time they could fix some other stuff maybe. Like directx 11 support improvement, or new/polished up vanilla armor

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Well we already have some updated models, we have male and female human, (varian, anduin, arthas and jaina) we have male orc (garrosh) we have male dwarves (iron dwarves) and gnomes (mechagnomes) they just require some tweaking (espesially mr. derp derp Garrosh) and some new faces, hairstyles and skins, and we are set.... more or less.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    The fact that he says that they would love to, implies that they are currently not. It is starting to sound like the dance studio. Which is a real shame, because we need this more than customizable dances.
    Updated Models or a WoW Dance Studio?

Id choose the first one

It is needed! Please give us Blizzard!

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrsky View Post
    They wouldn't be new models. They'd just be re-textured, wireframed and meshed. It doesn't take that long.
    Its Blizz, to me, they never had the quality of being fast with shizzle.

Quote Originally Posted by s1ppr View Post
    Updated Models or a WoW Dance Studio?

Id choose the first one

It is needed! Please give us Blizzard!

I choose both \o

But I'd love to see updated models, they are starting to look really out dated now and it'll only be more obvious in Catacylsm
    Ouuu eee uw ah ah ting tang wola wola bing bang

10+ Year Old Account
    Retexture would be wonderful... at least for all the classic races

Would be nice of them to do it for a future content patch

Chances are, no. Gonna be wearing shiny new armor over my face.

Quote Originally Posted by nancypants2012 View Post
    Chances are, no. Gonna be wearing shiny new armor over my face.
    Blizzard said they want to and plan to, the quotes in the first post and on the front page
    Ouuu eee uw ah ah ting tang wola wola bing bang

Deleted
    Personally I sort of have a thing ive been hoping for & looking for everytime i see a new blue post, since i started playing WoW - The hope is that forsaken skins actually become more than just dead humans! I know this requires a lot of time and effort but, i just think it may (or may not) give the game a fair bit more depth if we had say, undead forsaken orcs and/or tauren, maybe not so much to the extent of the current forsaken with evident bones and the like but.. decayed flesh for example, just something that would give a bit more choice!
    Thats just me anyway :P x

I beleive that updated player models will come as a late patch. It would require extensive work, but they will release it eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigrens View Post
    Blizzard said they want to and plan to, the quotes in the first post and on the front page
    I read the post on the front page, it would be awesome if they did, but all they said is that they would like to, So im not gonna hold my breath.

I doubt they'll redo them any time soon but I do hope at some point in cata something nice is added to them.

I don't want them to take away what some of the races already have though. I know a lot of people want the human female to have all sense of realism taken from it for example; people claiming the model is fat (what?) and that it looks wierd. It only looks wierd because if you take most female characters in the game and hide their feet and hands they all look the same.

If any race were to be changed though I would like the Tauren to become more of what it was in WC3 and in any of the art for warcraft. In WoW they seem to be very posture-concious and they stand up tall, makes them look quite box-like. Whereas in the art of Warcraft and in WC3 they were more beast-like and more true to the minotaur's they were based upon.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyrllsbear View Post
    I doubt they'll redo them any time soon but I do hope at some point in cata something nice is added to them.

I don't want them to take away what some of the races already have though. I know a lot of people want the human female to have all sense of realism taken from it for example; people claiming the model is fat (what?) and that it looks wierd. It only looks wierd because if you take most female characters in the game and hide their feet and hands they all look the same.
    The Female Human models looks...dumb.

Look her in the eyes, and you will see. The model looks 'empty'

EDIT:

Oh, and inb4 "The New Models are the Cancer of WoW"
    Last edited by Winfernal; 2010-07-19 at 02:29 PM.

I really hope they do this. Some of the old models look horrible.