Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I want brown orcs and Taunka!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ppr View Post
    Look her in the eyes, and you will see. The model looks 'empty'
    That's actually the most commonly mentioned flaw, and I completely agree.

It's kind of like... When you're tabbing through the races in the character selection screen, all the models seem to be aware of their environment and looking around.

...But then you come to the human female model, which... glares in the distance, completely absent :\ If the ingame models existed in reallife, the human female would be best described as... not having a soul lol

Actually, I thought the females animation was nice. Their eyes glance around, and they shrug every so often, or shift feet. If anyone looks dead its female trolls. They don't even blink.

I wouldn't care; they can all diaf, the old models.
    Also, I agree with Syph; dunno what the other poster was talking about.

The people who complain about this change are the ones who
    i) dislike change
    ii) like to complain
    Last edited by eucatastrophe; 2010-07-19 at 02:29 PM.
    Elementium on Knaak:
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    He's the Micheal bay of books. He sunk his claws into a popular franchise and is pumping out books with very little plot and a whole lot of descriptions of Rhonins hair and awesomeness and because anyone who wants to know the once rich warcraft lore will buy it the same as a Transformers movie because it's something they love and they keep hoping.
    ~The naaru have not forgotten us... BUT CHRIST METZEN HAS!~

Quote Originally Posted by mentalass View Post
    So on the front page Boubouille posted a blue post about char models, fingers crossed they do a nice surprise and re do them for cata

We definitely want to do it. Our artists would love to - believe me. The worgen and goblin took an enormous amount of art and animation time for Cataclysm. It's definitely on the list though. We recognize the problem with old models in shiny new armor. Zarhym
    I highly doubt they would surprise us with them for cata, besides the fact they would have been leaked by now there's already new models like Deathwings human form, that are based on the old player models.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Well we already have some updated models, we have male and female human, (varian, anduin, arthas and jaina) we have male orc (garrosh) we have male dwarves (iron dwarves) and gnomes (mechagnomes) they just require some tweaking (espesially mr. derp derp Garrosh) and some new faces, hairstyles and skins, and we are set.... more or less.
    Those are custom models built on the old Human skeletons anyway, they all use the old animations and are very controlled. I'm sure if you put Varian's model on a player there would be a LOT of clipping for some animations, considering how huge he is. New models aren't just what we're after. Human males look like they have a metal rod for a spine when they run. Everything you listed is of the same quality of vanilla races, with better textures. We don't want just that.

The fact is is redoing every vanilla race wouldn't be a simple matter of "tweaking", it would be 8 entirely new races.

Quote Originally Posted by Syph View Post
    That's actually the most commonly mentioned flaw, and I completely agree.

It's kind of like... When you're tabbing through the races in the character selection screen, all the models seem to be aware of their environment and looking around.

...But then you come to the human female model, which... glares in the distance, completely absent :\ If the ingame models existed in reallife, the human female would be best described as... not having a soul lol
    At least human females have eyelids... troll ladies dont have it

Don't expect these updates for the next 8 or so months, at least.

New character models would change the system requirements for the game, narrowing their player base and people who can start playing. At this point it doesn't look like it'd be in their best interest to do that. Mabye WoW2.

Quote Originally Posted by twister1279 View Post
    Even though this would be incredibly awesome, i doubt it would happen, and if it did, it would push the release date back a couple of months then, and i don't think players want that to happen for new models
    Yes we do, we have been asking since the release of wrath and got told
    "we only got so many artists and so much to do" then they proceeded to give us recolored gear models they used over the last 5 years why they updated the druid forms.

Druids are a single class played by maybe 10% of the total population yet the artists have spent more time working on bear/cat forms than they have every other player model in the game combined.

Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    The fact that he says that they would love to, implies that they are currently not. It is starting to sound like the dance studio. Which is a real shame, because we need this more than customizable dances.
    "They'd love to, but it would take a lot of work" hmmm wasn't that the same thing they said about redoing old Azeroth?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by twister1279 View Post
    Even though this would be incredibly awesome, i doubt it would happen, and if it did, it would push the release date back a couple of months then, and i don't think players want that to happen for new models
    Thats assuming they haven't done it already in secret

IMO human females are normal and it's the Belfs who look skinny as hell. I think they should be fattened out a bit...

It'd be awesome if they did update, but I doubt they will.
    shit

Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post
    "They'd love to, but it would take a lot of work" hmmm wasn't that the same thing they said about redoing old Azeroth?
    Sure, but than this change will come in 2-3 years at the earliest, because they have to build a whole new expansion around it.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

That would be nice. Like someone said before, just adding polygones/pixels and retexture old models to be on par with Worgens and Goblins wouldn't take that long and is much needed. Maybe they will throw this sometimes in a major cataclysm patch tho, like they did for druids skins, kinda doubt it will come with 4.0.

Would like it tho.

The fact that it isn't listed as a feature or even a goal, but rather as something they "would like" to do leads me to believe we won't be seeing updated player models/textures any time in the immediate future.

Which is kind of sad. EQ did it (with a lot more races, I might add) and it was very well received. Looking at original races, then draenei/BE's, then worgen and goblins... its almost unbearably obvious that there's large chunks of time between them.

player models are fine IMO.

Gameplay > uber graphics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The bearer of truths View Post

Why did Blizzard update bear and cat forms?
    Sure the models are "fine". What's wrong with wanting them to be more than fine?

Quote Originally Posted by The bearer of truths View Post

Why can't we have both, exactly?
    How much bone could a bonestorm storm if a bonestorm could BOOOOOOOOONESTOOOOOOOOOOOORM!!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/character-bios/'almega'-nara-draconus/ - my RP character

10+ Year Old Account
    Also no one is asking for "uber graphics", just an upgrade from 2004