Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    They wouldn't need completely new models... Just some new textures and maybe touch-ups for a couple of old animations would be marvelous!
    Taz'dingo!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard says they will update player models, and what do people do? Bitch about it.

Deleted
    This is most certainly something which should happen. I hoped during the first patches of Cataclysm, but it may take more. Some models are just horrible.

And please, make some more races walking straight and without a hunchback: all these models who walk with their back leaning forward look just stupid, and in fact some of the most appreaciated fan artworks actually depicts most races as standing straight.

Quote Originally Posted by The bearer of truths View Post
    player models are fine IMO.

Gameplay > uber graphics.
    They don't have to be uber, just better. Heck the Male Human Model is crap really. When he lifts his arm strait up, the texture stretches and you can basicly see that it is made up of a really really low count of polygons. The new Races (counting Dreanei and Blood Elves in it since they are far better then the older 8 as well) are so much better and you can visually tell that by just looking at the animations.

I agree. Already said it 10 times though. The character models need to be upgraded! Especially human. God they suck
    Pandaren Warrior - Lv 95, full T17
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus View Post
    Since this was early in the patch, we decided to go with the 4 tank strat. We ask him to go tank Lord Mograine. He then instantly tells us that "he cannot tank the godfather of DK's, it wouldnt be right to raise my axe against him". He instantly gquits and hearths out.

I think all the models of BC and classic need models. Especially Male Draenei:

Compare:

and

to the in-game model

inb4 "Blizzard wanted to with Superhero/Mr. Incredible Model"
    The in-game models just don't look like the art, especially the legs. Blizz could also work a little bit more on the faces, but that's just me.

EDIT: Sorry, don't know how to make pictures smaller D:
    "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes unto the Father, but by me." - Jesus Christ

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyá View Post
    they would not change it at all. draenei and blood elves did not change it, neither did goblin or worgen.

several hundred polygons here and there does not have that big impact on game performance. (most likely you wont see any changes on fps)
    Not entirely true, the principle statement is fine - but you cannot say whether it will change it or not, as currently we have no idea whatsoever the amount of work Blizz intend to put into the character models, what if for example they alter them so drastically it starts to eat up memory looking at so many of them situated in say, Dalaran (purely as an example).
    Just something to be wary of thats all But i do see what you mean, for the changes that i would GUESS they could make for a good improvement, it should not affect game performance, if not ever so slightly.

Sul x

We wont get them any time soon, at least not with Cata launch.
    They still have a lot of work to do atm, fixing bugs, continuing making new quests, new raids, starting locations like Dwarf/Gnome and and few other zone still need pretty big tweaks revamps. They still have to work on talents and balancing talents.
    And yes, it will/could take a lot of time, 1st of all figuring out what needs to be tinkered, what needs to be totally re-done, how should it look, not even talking about implementing it totally working.They said during BC developing and and now Cata developing that only 2! classes took a lot of work, but tinkering, remodeling 3-5 old ones...shit, a lot of time and...time is money, friend!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elderer View Post
    We wont get them any time soon, at least not with Cata launch.
    They still have a lot of work to do atm, fixing bugs, continuing making new quests, new raids, starting locations like Dwarf/Gnome and and few other zone still need pretty big tweaks revamps. They still have to work on talents and balancing talents.
    And yes, it will/could take a lot of time, 1st of all figuring out what needs to be tinkered, what needs to be totally re-done, how should it look, not even talking about implementing it totally working.They said during BC developing and and now Cata developing that only 2! classes took a lot of work, but tinkering, remodeling 3-5 old ones...shit, a lot of time and...time is money, friend!
    Not anytime soon? I'd say cata isn't out until what? November? There's still PLENTY of time for such things, trust me.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Well, dont get me wrong, Im hoping for it too, but I know, more or less, how that sutffs made.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    Not anytime soon? I'd say cata isn't out until what? November? There's still PLENTY of time for such things, trust me.
    Even the form revamps didn't come with the release of wrath, and I believe those were planned since 3.0

Hell, we waited this long, I figure we can wait a bit longer, so long as it's not Soon(tm)
    How much bone could a bonestorm storm if a bonestorm could BOOOOOOOOONESTOOOOOOOOOOOORM!!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/character-bios/'almega'-nara-draconus/ - my RP character

they really need to do this, imagine every1 that just wants to see the game with a trial acc, and they think, lol these graphics suck when they open char creation screeen

"We definitely want to do it."

"Our artists would love to."

"It's definitely on the list."

"We recognize the problem."

Clearly the players want it.

Just @#$%ing do it already.
    Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one

-Martin Heidegger

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HammondQ View Post
    "We definitely want to do it."

"Our artists would love to."

"It's definitely on the list."

"We recognize the problem."

Clearly the players want it.

Just @#$%ing do it already.
    *Just @#$%ing do it already.* Thanks, that's exactly what they should do hehe.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't care if they pushed cata back a month or two. We at least need the models to be smoothed out and re-textured. I know it's a pain in the ass to do but come on.. Compare a Worgen to a human side by side. Hell compare a Worgen to a Draenei and I'm still blown away by the improvements.

I would like to see my character with less "edges", nothing more, nothing less. They're already cool in my opinion.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.
    Mahatma Gandhi
    Ennoria(Draenei) - Evilcobra(Human) - Talizorah(Night Elf) - Ahsoka(Blood Elf)

I'd absolutely love it, but I think I'd prefer appearance lock. The character models are usually always covered up anyway, and let's face it, some armor looks absolutely hideous.

15+ Year Old Account
    As many others I don't think they will do this in time for cataclysm, maybe, just maybe they manage to get it in in a late patch.

Otherwise my bet's on with the release or sometime during the next expansion.

Well it would be nice to see new models for player characters however Bosses are less of a challenge because they only have to do one set of armor for them and one set of animations for them. Player character models are of course a larger challenge because of course you have to do all the race animations and armor sets around them. Another issue is part of what they are selling here and really promoting are the two new races. Adding a revamp of the other races models would detract from these new races but I don't think it would too much.

Even so this would be one reason they won't do it right away. I am hoping that they will patch it in during cataclysm but who knows it would be nice if they surprise us. Also I will be pissed if they make it a feature of the next expansion (not this one) that is just cheap and a low blow.

Adding a few more polygons can't hurt.