Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Red face sole "the eye" at 85??

hello boys do u think it will be able to solo Tk - eye at lvl 85..for the mount??

if yes, what class will be best for it??

The same as usual: Tanking classes with selfheal capabilities, aka: Deathknights, Druids, Paladins.

If they'll actually be able to clear the whole thing solo... I hope not.

15+ Year Old Account
    Solo? Sure.

2-man it? No. As soon as you add a second person, he starts using mind controls. And then it would turn into a fight with you versus Kael'thas and your partner.

I've done Kael'thas 5-man, it wasn't tooooo terrible. I'd imagine with 3-4x the health pools, it should be soloable as any tanking class as long as you are able to meet the dps requirements for the enrage and such.

No reason why not, DK's can solo it all I do recall apart from Kael'Thas. But I might be mistaken.

We had a thread exactly yesterday, and no, it will not be possible.

In the Kael'thas fight are too many mechanics that are impossible to solo.
    Look it up yourself, hint: Legendary weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    We had a thread exactly yesterday, and no, it will not be possible.

In the Kael'thas fight are too many mechanics that are impossible to solo.
    Look it up yourself, hint: Legendary weapons.
    I am not sure the legendary weapons mean anything any more apart from maybe the shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasz View Post
    I am not sure the legendary weapons mean anything any more apart from maybe the shield.

Or the staff for dissorientation prevention?
    Sometimes you just have to stop healing some people to prove a point, if they don't listen, it's really their own fault :P

I doubt you are able to dps all 4 guys down when they are alive, while on of them fears you, one stuns you, and one knocks you back.

furthermore, only warriors/paladins can wield shields, and I think you need to wield the staff to keep up the buff.

So, in my humble opinion: impossible.
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    The same as usual: Tanking classes with selfheal capabilities, aka: Deathknights, Druids, Paladins.

If they'll actually be able to clear the whole thing solo... I hope not.
    Tanking Warriors will have blood craze with cataclysm, healing 7,5% of their health over 5 seconds. It is now a 30% chance to proc on damage received instead of 100% to proc on crits received.

I'm pretty sure this'll be at least equal to the other Tank's Selfheal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Blizzard didn't have any problem killing Kael'thas, Illidan, Kael'thas, Lady Vashj, or even Kael'thas.

i don't think that kael'thas will be possible, not even at lvl 100.
    iirc he does not stop using mindcontrol even if there is only 1 player left and even if he does - the engineer-add will most likely perma-disorient you.

Deleted
    no u should be able to, and if someone does blizzard should take the mount out

I doubt you are able to dps all 4 guys down when they are alive, while on of them fears you, one stuns you, and one knocks you back.

furthermore, only warriors/paladins can wield shields, and I think you need to wield the staff to keep up the buff.

So, in my humble opinion: impossible.
    Dude, they don't have more than 500k HP...
    500k hp is a 5man boss for level 80s, I'm guessing he wouldn't be much of a challenge at level 85.

Also legendaries ? maybe staff for the stun ? but he'll 1 shot birds/eggs, and as an 80 tank with naxx/ulduar gear I managed to suffer a pyroblast without being 1shotted by kaelthas so in level 85 with higher hp and all that of course that would be possible
    Last edited by Amazad; 2010-07-19 at 02:35 PM.

The answer is no. Another dumb thread. You can't even 5-10 man this boss unless your group is worth a damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    The answer is no. Another dumb thread. You can't even 5-10 man this boss unless your group is worth a damn.
    That is really not true. If you know the fight well, you could 5 man this.

As I have 2 accounts it has got me thinking.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would believe it won't be possible to solo Kael'thas at level 85. Seeing how in phase 3 (when Kael'thas starts to fight) he got the Mind Control ability. If he uses it on you that would end the fight I believe. The only way to remove the Mind Control is to use the dagger and hit the Mind Control'd person.

Maybe depends on how much the tank health pools will be iirc mind control doesnt happen with 1 person...

warrior has a passive thorns... and blood craze.. i can see one soloing if the health pools are big enough

Quote Originally Posted by The bearer of truths View Post
    Maybe depends on how much the tank health pools will be iirc mind control doesnt happen with 1 person...

warrior has a passive thorns... and blood craze.. i can see one soloing if the health pools are big enough
    I just want to bring to your attention how much win your name is made of.
    Cake!

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    totally wrong. with 10 people it is very easy, even random.
    5 good people with equip shouldn#t be too hard either.
    that is at lvl 80.

I still doubt that you can solo him. Depends on if you are targeted by all spells, or if there is a tank-exception.

But still, prove me you can solo it, and I hand you a delicious Pie.

-------

And don't start a thread about soloing illidan.
    Impossible.

And don't start a thread about soloing illidan.
    Impossible.
    lol. pretty sure it's already been done.

edit: infact - http://translate.googleusercontent.c...5Bl1VyEc2wp53A
    Last edited by Navitas; 2011-06-06 at 02:56 PM.