has bliz done something new in the pit

Has H pit been changed in some way?

We were running it over the weekend, guildie wanted the axe at the end.
    Fine.
    We were killing up the hill and killed the first 3 groups no problem.
    on the last group DK runs to them, I have regrowth and rejuv on him and he just falls over dead.
    WTF
    HOW THE HELL can a 46K dk with dot heals on him just fall over dead. Grid when from 100% to 0 in 1 second.

I am tired of saying buzzard BS coding...wtf is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by sparks View Post
    nope.

HOW THE HELL can a 46K dk with dot heals on him just fall over dead. Grid when from 100% to 0 in 1 second.
    yeah, dot heals.. -.-
    Last edited by Dace; 2010-07-19 at 04:31 PM.
    LET YOUR BIRD EAT ITS BEAK

No. In addition that pack doesn't really have mechanics to burst geared tanks within few seconds.

We can't say anything without combat log, from which you could have found the reason for death by yourself. If you are absolutely positive that the event happened as you described, I'd go for bugged addon: The tank was in 10k health or so when he pulled, but addon showed the health incorrectly for some reason. I think I've read of such an occurance once or twice during the years I've followed WoW-forums.

More likely case was that you had a momentary spike of packet loss, after which the events during it are "fast forwarded".
    Last edited by Therastos; 2010-07-19 at 05:55 PM.

As a healer I recommend the addon Grim Reaper. Not sure if there are better ones, but I really like it in cases like this.
    Freedom of speech doesn't protect speech you like; it protects speech you don't like.
    Larry Flynt (unsourced)

I blame your mod or the tank for turning his back to the mobs....or maybe latency...but everyone uses lag as a lame blanket excuse for EVERYTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemrod View Post
    As a healer I recommend the addon Grim Reaper. Not sure if there are better ones, but I really like it in cases like this.
    I haven't tried Grim Reaper (it probably is better, seeing it's developed for this task alone), but personally I like Recount's deathlog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude, don't moonfire the tank.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Dude, don't moonfire the tank.
    Damn you! Was about to say that.
    Well I just got back from a panda circus where I fucked twelve identical versions of Lexxi Belle while surfing on a sharks back in space.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...der&cn=Feythir

Ugh I hate when my healer hits me with dot heals, they dont help.

I doubt anything has changed. If I had to guess, I'd say they ran in the middle of the pack and ended up getting nuked by the 2 casters while all the melee mobs were attacking them from behind. This means no chance to dodge/parry and lots of damage. When I tank that on my dk I run up on one side and DG the caster from the other side. This interrupts their first cast and groups everything up to be ae-ed. It's also a good time to pop AMS to absorb some damage and get some free runic power.