Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Boss Mechanics You Hope To See In Cataclysm..

Hi everyone, I just had an idea of a boss mechanic I'd like to see in Cata, though it's probably difficult to implement...
    Every few seconds the raid and the boss get a buff reducing damage taken by 10%, stacking 10 times. If you attack, you lose 1 stack of the debuff, and so does your target. The boss does loads of damage, aoe and all that, so the dps has to balance enough stacks to survive, but make sure the boss is killable before the enrage timer.
    Thoughts? And what would you guys like to see on bosses?

Quote Originally Posted by Thegovna View Post
    You guys are stupad

That doesn't sound difficult to implement. We already have stacking buffs and debuffs, some of which caused by weapon strikes.

As for the viability of that particular mechanic, the boss would lose their debuffs so fast in a 10 man that it would be laughable, let alone 25. It would take some serious iteration, and the only thing it would do is frustrate people who have the boss on farm.

i would love to see a boss grab a random player that has done ANY amount of healing and squeeze them until they pop.

I'd like to see a boss encounter where the boss is slowly taking off his clothes as in phases...no pants...then no shirt...etc

Climaxing in him being completely nekkid and whipping out his long battle-erect penis and starts doing massive damage to the tank who eventually dies due to "Penetration".

The way you have to kill him is to drink a potion given by Sylvanas at the door (Both ALLIANCE & HORDE) which turns you into a male ogre for the duration of the fight. For the boss would not be able to gain such a powerful erection unless he was a flaming homo. And we all know, nobody is gay in WoW.
    What the fuck!?

BAsically there are 2 boss mechanics that I'd like to see again in Cata :

1)Valithria Dreamwalker style fights.
    2)Halion's Corporeality.

A few more Bullet Hell Fights.
    Idea
    -A boss in a circular Arena. He summons two Orbs that fly around the edges of the Arena. These Orbs have the same amount of HP as the boss so you can choose to kill them. These orbs will cast attacks from Meteors falling down, Pillars of earth that launch out of the ground that could launch players, and sparks that slowly cross the direction of the Arena (dealing damage to all those who cross it's path).

A boss (that Hovers off the ground slightly) that destroys the floor of his arena. He starts out relatively easy but longer the fight goes on, less room you will have to stay out of the fire or other abilities. Below the floor could be spikes, a deep pit of fall damage death, or just another floor that once all players have fell into, resets the fight.

A boss that targets players who cast a heal and thus must be kited by healers. The players will be able to slow the boss of course.

Fire

Phase 1 for Deathwing - Basic Grammar and Reading Comprehension Exam. Ten questions with a five minute timer. Success puts your character into Phase 2 with whatever lame fire-avoiding mechanics you might expect from the epic final boss of Cataclysm. Failure bans you from /trade chat and the official forums until the next server maintenance. And, of course, your character dies and doesn't get to roll on loot for that instance of the boss.

You'd need to change the exam every maintenance to keep a simple guide from being posted online, but I think it could work.

Quote Originally Posted by dicepool View Post
    Phase 1 for Deathwing - Basic Grammar and Reading Comprehension Exam. Ten questions with a five minute timer. Success puts your character into Phase 2 with whatever lame fire-avoiding mechanics you might expect from the epic final boss of Cataclysm. Failure bans you from /trade chat and the official forums until the next server maintenance. And, of course, your character dies and doesn't get to roll on loot for that instance of the boss.

You'd need to change the exam every maintenance to keep a simple guide from being posted online, but I think it could work.
    insertrandomlolcatswiththetext"iapprove"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinth View Post
    You’ve got to be kidding me. I’ve been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It’s just common sense.

The hardest possible boss mechanic would be one that changes with every boss attempt.

Every pull, your raid wouldn't know what to expect.

15+ Year Old Account
    I would like to see more Illhoof type encounters. The part where something happens to one person in the raid that puts them out of commision untill broken out. There was a bit of this in wotlk, but that was mostly on end bosses in raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope to see, where you have to move out of fire. it's sound so new and exciting!
    Tirion has joined the guild
    [Guild][Tirion]: /brofist
    [Guild][Bolvar]: /brofist
    Tirion has left the guild
    [Guild][Audinwyrnn]: The *@@! was that ?
    [Guild][Bolvar]: Dont worry about it kid

Quote Originally Posted by Zamph View Post
    The hardest possible boss mechanic would be one that changes with every boss attempt.

As long as they were varied enough, and none of them were critically destructive, that could make a very fun fight. My favorite parts of bosses are when they're brand new and you're walking into the unknown.

---------- Post added 2010-07-19 at 06:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Leeróy View Post
    I hope to see, where you have to move out of fire. it's sound so new and exciting!
    I'd like to see the mechanic want you to move IN to the fire. It deals damage, but that damage is better than whatever is outside.

Deleted
    Id like to see boss mechanics I cant imagine spontaniously ...

i wanna see a boss mechanic where you have to jump to avoid being frozen or burned cause the boss freezes the entire room or makes it burn

A mechanic that disorientates your directions (ie. left becomes right, and vice versa) and you need to move out of stuff while this happens .

10+ Year Old Account
    Fire that is GOOD for you!
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by Zamph View Post

Reminds me of Chromaggus, one of the best boss fights in the game imho (level appropriate ofc, now it's just annoying).

Deleted
    I want another Shade of Aran. Random firing magic, deadly outer ring damage, silence in the inner ring, summon adds at one point, flames you mustn't move out of (Everyone seems to grasp that you must move out of flames on this particular fight only), mass-poly and then drinking.. Oh Aran, my beloved, forever will I long for your sweet, sweet awesomeness.

http://shadeofaranchant.ytmnd.com/ <3

Anything from Zul'Aman. Now that place was inspired!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukari View Post
    Equality is a universal concept, you either care about it for everyone, or you don't care about it. It can't be compartmentalized, you can't champion equality for solely one group, that's inimical to the whole idea of equality.
    To make room for the cupcake!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see the mechanic want you to move IN to the fire. It deals damage, but that damage is better than whatever is outside.
    I agree with this completely. Maybe something like the firebombs that the Sha'tari Skyguard drop during the Terrok fight?