New to DK, just a quick question

Hey there
    I recently started a DK, frost DW spec, and im liking it alot

There is 1 thing i would like to clarify however, when i refresh my diseases on singletargets, should i use IT and BS again, or should i just refresh it with a pestilence

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    I beleive that pestil will only refresh on the target if your glyphed and I didn't have room for that one so i use em both and do just fine.

Yea i should note that I am glyphed for pestilence

Refresh with glyphed pestilence, it will make room for more obliterates

Okay thanks
    Just to make me 100% sure, can any1 explain me the rotation for singletarget, and the rotation for AOE?

Single Target= Obliterate his ass

AoE= Howling Blast their asses

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hentze View Post
    Okay thanks
    Just to make me 100% sure, can any1 explain me the rotation for singletarget, and the rotation for AOE?
    Glyph Disease and the rotation is thus:

IT, PS, BS, Pest, OB to open

then every time you blood runes are blood runes again make sure to pest to get the diseases refreshed and you'll be fine, oblit with everything else, only howling blast on rime procs for single target and rime+killing machine is highest priority for you KM procs. FS whenever nothing else to do.

Edit: Big thing is that Frost isn't much of a rotation based spec at all, it's all priority.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ecrown&cn=Zibi
    Last edited by Zibi; 2010-07-19 at 07:12 PM.

Thanks, i get it now i think

Took a look at your armory link, and noticed ur stacking Arm pen, i read somewhere in these forums, or on the elitist forums, that its better to stack STR gems, and just get armpen off gear?

Took a look at your armory link, and noticed ur stacking Arm pen, i read somewhere in these forums, or on the elitist forums, that its better to stack STR gems, and just get armpen off gear?
    I do not play a DK but I'm pretty sure its the same as for Fury Warriors, Arp is something you should go for when you are able to get a high amount of it.
    Say 10% Arp is shit, you won't notice it at all, but when you reach maybe 50-60%+ its great. And when you do go for Arp you should probably go all in for Arp as for gems, unless you would reach 100% ofc.

Anyhow in the lower tiers you are probably better of stacking STR

Again I do not play a DK, I'm talking from a Warrior perspective but from what I know- Frost DKs is somewhat alike warriors in this subject.

I see what you mean, but the only attacks that would gain bonus from ARP, would be white attacks and obliterate, the rest are magic, which will gain bonus off strength?

I see what you mean, but the only attacks that would gain bonus from ARP, would be white attacks and obliterate, the rest are magic, which will gain bonus off strength?
    Auto-attack, Obliterate, Blood Strike.

Most of your single-target damage comes from BS and OB, not from your diseases. For single-target stacking ARP is godly. For AoE it is crap. Also, if you can't get to 70%ish ARP gemmed, you shouldn't go and gem for it.

But for those kinds of questions, you could simulate it with Kahorie's Simulator, or MrRobot's online simulator.

when you get high enough ARP w/ gear you can start gemming for it for a single target DPS increase. For example zibi.
    Even for me (since i dont have an arp trinket) im at 75% arp and single target dps has still gone up

It's very good you are taking the time to learn! too many dumb dks giving us a bad name!
    Last edited by Coolmann; 2010-07-20 at 04:04 PM.

Alright thanks for all the responses, though there's still a few things i would like to clear up. Sometimes during my single target rotation, i end up having like 2-3 secs where i can do nothing, and sometimes my blood rune is on CD so i cant use pestilence in time to refresh diseases.. Basicly, should i refresh pestilence as soon as i have those 2-3secs available, instead of waiting till they are almost off?

And are there specific times when i should use unbreakable armor, and blood tap?
    Thanks

When there are about 7-8 seconds left on my diseases, avoid blood striking. This move uses the same rune as pestilence and can easily use the one and only blood rune that is left.

Some times there are times where we are sitting there waiting for OB to come around :P annoying but it happens. That's something they are trying to fix in cata so hopefully that'll change. But don't refresh pest until your diseases are about to fall off. Because if you do you are essentially cutting your diseases in half and restarting them.

I have blood tap bound to UB. And I only us BT when i want UB. So i can use UB at the exact time i want. ie when proc trinkets are up, lust, etc.

I recommend (if you already haven't) getting Power Auras, and Need To Know. They are both amazing for timing buffs and keeping track of your diseases.
    Last edited by Coolmann; 2010-07-20 at 04:41 PM. Reason: spelling

10+ Year Old Account
    I use Pestilence, one blood/death rune makes it easier than using a frost+unholy rune and losing a possible obliterate

Coolmann, Those 2 addons you mentioned, power aura's and need to know, dont they do exactly the same? or should they be combined.

And ihnasir, Doesnt pestilence only use blood/deathrunes.. Frost and unholy arent used by pestilence is it?

Sorry if im sounding dumb lol, just want to make sure im getting this the right way, Really appreciate the help

Deleted
    Pestilence costs 1 Blood Rune.

1 Death Rune counts as 1 Blood, Frost, or Unholy Rune.

Coolmann, Those 2 addons you mentioned, power aura's and need to know, dont they do exactly the same? or should they be combined.

And ihnasir, Doesnt pestilence only use blood/deathrunes.. Frost and unholy arent used by pestilence is it?

Sorry if im sounding dumb lol, just want to make sure im getting this the right way, Really appreciate the help
    Power auras, can be set up to show a visual (lots of choices) for buffs you have/dont have for example. If i get a Killing machine proc, I have a big red thing come up and surround me, so that is is blatantly obvious that i should FS. I also have an animation for Rime, DBW proc, WFS proc, and for UH if i DONT have bone shield on.

Need To Know (all i use it for) has any number of bars (two for me 1 for each disease) and you can put them wherever and they track your disease a little more clearly.