Thread: Too Hard?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Too Hard?

Anyone read this

We felt like we needed to add several new spells to the paladin rotation, including making Holy Wrath a real part of the rotation. With all of those changes, we thought it was hard to justify having a mechanic to choose your Judgement when you were already choosing your Seal and Aura. It's just a different model. If anything at the moment I'm worried that we made paladins too complex and might have to reign it back in a little. We'll see when players can try it out in beta

and think please for the love of all that is holy make us too complex? I have two reasons for feeling this way. One is it sounds really fun. The other is watching Paladin go from one of the most popular to least popular classes would awesome in my opinion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because now even classes should be special snowflakes? Come on now, that's just sounding...childish.

I would like to see good paladins have more fun and bad paladins realize they aren't cut out to play the game, period. I can also insert the same thing for priest, druid, mage, warrior, hunter, shaman, warlock, rogue, and death knight.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HollerTH View Post
    Anyone read this

We felt like we needed to add several new spells to the paladin rotation, including making Holy Wrath a real part of the rotation. With all of those changes, we thought it was hard to justify having a mechanic to choose your Judgement when you were already choosing your Seal and Aura. It's just a different model. If anything at the moment I'm worried that we made paladins too complex and might have to reign it back in a little. We'll see when players can try it out in beta

and think please for the love of all that is holy make us too complex? I have two reasons for feeling this way. One is it sounds really fun. The other is watching Paladin go from one of the most popular to least popular classes would awesome in my opinion.
    Dude i know for a fact your doing it wrong real paladins switch aruas constantly while dpsing to see if they can achive the aswome god bug where all your aruas are active at once.

Ok now for real this is blizzard-Activsion they are a company a worldwide company thats sole purpose is to make the CeO as much freaking money as possible befor ehe dies and leaves it to his kids, now whil 5% of the population like awsome super had rotations that take many years to master, the other 95% of the population like 123 zomg 32k crit omfg im top dps and im doing jack. I am in the first 5% and sunwelled ret before it was cool sitting and watching quartz like a hawk to judge and seal twist.

Would you believe there are threads popping up all over the place from Rets complaining about losing their complete faceroll of a rotation? You would think a person would welcome some depth to the class and spec whose rotation is simply refered to as "first come, first serve".

I hope it really is complex, so complex that some ppl choose a different class. Paladin, DK, and hunter are the three most played classes in all of WoW (paladin being the most played overall). They are also seeing the most changes. It's time to thin the herd.

I didn't know healers had rotations.

Quote Originally Posted by Azurewraith View Post
    Dude i know for a fact your doing it wrong real paladins switch aruas constantly while dpsing to see if they can achive the aswome god bug where all your aruas are active at once.

Ok now for real this is blizzard-Activsion they are a company a worldwide company thats sole purpose is to make the CeO as much freaking money as possible befor ehe dies and leaves it to his kids, now whil 5% of the population like awsome super had rotations that take many years to master, the other 95% of the population like 123 zomg 32k crit omfg im top dps and im doing jack. I am in the first 5% and sunwelled ret before it was cool sitting and watching quartz like a hawk to judge and seal twist.
    Just after the sunwell patch I saw a video of a BE ret paladin seal twisting, I thought that is interesting. I was sort of tired of being prot all the time so I gave it a try. I can honestly say I have never had so much fun in wow as those few months of seal twisting. Seeing white crit + Command crit + blood crit x 2 was awesome, my war tank friend didn't like it to much when I pulled that off at the start of a pull. Wings, an enhancement shaman, and bloodlust on a boss /drool.

I don't think it is impossible, kitty druid has lots of stuff going on and they haven't made them simpler just because the majority likes it yet. I would like to see a few more dps specs that are more complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Because now even classes should be special snowflakes? Come on now, that's just sounding...childish.

I would like to see good paladins have more fun and bad paladins realize they aren't cut out to play the game, period. I can also insert the same thing for priest, druid, mage, warrior, hunter, shaman, warlock, rogue, and death knight.
    You just won the thread, claim your internetz on the way out.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Negai View Post
    Would you believe there are threads popping up all over the place from Rets complaining about losing their complete faceroll of a rotation? You would think a person would welcome some depth to the class and spec whose rotation is simply refered to as "first come, first serve".

I hope it really is complex, so complex that some ppl choose a different class. Paladin, DK, and hunter are the three most played classes in all of WoW (paladin being the most played overall). They are also seeing the most changes. It's time to thin the herd.
    most of the QQ'ers probably rerolled at TBC start. so no worries there. good riddance

Has nothing to do with being wanting to be a snowflake. It is about having 10 classes in the game and almost always grouping with another paladin and a DK for most of wotlk. There are 30 specs possible in theory, of course some are not good for pve but that doesn't stop people so.... 4 tank, 5 healer, 21 dps specs basically. I am almost always the tank, my wife is almost always the healer which leaves those 21 dps specs. 1 paladin and 3 dk dps specs, if at least one of those is always in my group, often two I would think there is something wrong with the game. Most of the time I had to go out of my way to form a group without them in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually quite thrilled about this, i do not consider myself as an imba wtfpwnage paladin as being ret but consider myself above average. there are and were multiple times where i personally felt ashamed of some people pulling out to low dps seeing their gear as a retadin. the aura danceing and sealswitching are really easy to control. I'm happy they are gonna make it harder and no longer be bored after about an hour of spamming the same buttons when off cooldown bring the fun and difficulty to the retri tree i say. I'm playing on the beta now and im already amused by seeing the change in to art of war and having holy shock aswell to dps.

------------- Kul Tiras EU-------------

I am leveling one character of every class... Not sure what to use my pally for.

They tried it with 5 holy counters instead of 3 but realized that Rogues and Feral druids are the most difficult specs in the game and the reason was.... counting to 5 is hard. So they made it 3, problem solved. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Sindy View Post
    They tried it with 5 holy counters instead of 3 but realized that Rogues and Feral druids are the most difficult specs in the game and the reason was.... counting to 5 is hard. So they made it 3, problem solved. :P
    I actually laughed when I read this.

I just think there needs to be a system similar to shadow priests.

Bad shadow priests can spam their new nuke and do decent, but not great DPS. Good shadow priests will weave their nuke in as needed while keeping up with their DoT priority and orbs/apparation stuff. I for one want at least 10 different buttons to press in PvE, having to track debuffs, buffs and stagger cooldowns, but then again I actually like to challenge myself rather than hit 4 buttons. Let the mouth breathers hit very few buttons and do okay, and let the good players hit many more but do better.

I'm not in the least suprised. The paladin changes just sounded far too complicated, and run counter to Blizz's overarching design goal of simple design but resulting depth. It wouldn't take much to make paladins totally unplayable.
    Last edited by underdogba; 2010-07-19 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet View Post
    most of the QQ'ers probably rerolled at TBC start. so no worries there. good riddance
    Well, it was nice knowing you, Ik. What game do you plan on playing now?

---------- Post added 2010-07-19 at 09:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    I just think there needs to be a system similar to shadow priests.

Bad shadow priests can spam their new nuke and do decent, but not great DPS. Good shadow priests will weave their nuke in as needed while keeping up with their DoT priority and orbs/apparation stuff. I for one want at least 10 different buttons to press in PvE, having to track debuffs, buffs and stagger cooldowns, but then again I actually like to challenge myself rather than hit 4 buttons. Let the mouth breathers hit very few buttons and do okay, and let the good players hit many more but do better.
    As long as our debuffs last a full 60 seconds like the others who have *cough* "hard" *cough* rotations.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

As long as our debuffs last a full 60 seconds like the others who have *cough* "hard" *cough* rotations.
    Feral druids on the ptr before mangle got buffed were really, really fun. I didn't see anything wrong with it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prentice View Post
    Well, it was nice knowing you, Ik. What game do you plan on playing now?

---------- Post added 2010-07-19 at 09:14 PM ----------

nothing.ill just vanish into the air... no wow = no beating heart.
    *insert dramatic music*

offtopic here, but i saw a poster in the Netherlands saying that cataclysm will come around october. who knows, maybe they are right!

i kinda agree with you my thing is i dont want you to leave wow thats just plain elitist. but if you fail at a class then you should reroll something you can play. thats basically what happened to paladins there rotation was easy there class was easy and they could do it all. if paladins get hard then all the players that wanted there ez mode will now flock to the next easy class to play. that would probibly be a shaman, boomkin or mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HollerTH View Post
    Anyone read this and think please for the love of all that is holy make us too complex? I have two reasons for feeling this way. One is it sounds really fun. The other is watching Paladin go from one of the most popular to least popular classes would awesome in my opinion.
    Paladin Auras+Judgements are like Warrior Stances and DK Presences- in the way that you shouldn't have to move them all over the place, jumping in and out of another.