Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    As a raider I've never been low on emblems of any kind, other than in the beginning of a new raid tier where you buy your Txx gear.
    When I have all the gear I want, I use my emblems on gems and the current crafting materials needed for gear (runed orbs, crusader orbs, primordial saronite) and sell them.

For over 1 year now on alts I've been:
    1. Transmuting gems.
    (I'm getting gems and crystalized stuff from mining/prospecting ores and when I'm low on gems, I buy them off AH. Autums's Glow, Bold scarlet ruby, Sky sapphire etc sell for ~5-20 g each. Once transmuted and cut, I make ~100 g profit each gem)

2. Got an enchanter/jc alt which I use to cut my gems + I'm self sufficient in enchanting too. The mats are from various 5m instances and raids and I sell some mats whenever I feel I got more than enough.

3. Do fishing daily + cooking daily on 2 chars:
    - The waterlogged recipe sells for ~3-400 g on AH on my server.
    - 1-2 times pr week I get the porcelain bell (100g vendor).
    - I get 2-4 Deviate fish which cooks into Savory Deviate Delight and then sell on AH whenever I got 20 for ~40 g.
    - Often I get 2-5 pygmy oil every day which is used for haste potions. Those I use myself in raids = no money used from my own pocket. Sometimes though I got more than enough and sell them on AH - 5 haste potions sells for ~30 g.
    - Quite often I get the vendor trash dolls/pics that sells for 11, 16 and 25 g.
    - I get spices in the cooking daily bag + I buy spices from the cooking bagdes and sell them on AH for ~100g for 100 spices.

4. Do JC daily.

5. Do all the WG quests on 2 chars every reset: thats alot of quest gold + I buy gems from honor.

My routine is this:
    1. I log to my mage and do JC daily.
    2. I log to my hunter and transmute gem, do daily fishing and cooking daily.
    3. I log to my main and do daily fishing and cooking daily + random hc for frosts.

Everything is sent to my bank char and sold from him.

I'm totally self sufficient in anyway; I can mine, herb, pot/elixir master, enchanter, engineering and Blacksmithing.
    Only thing I have to buy are leg enchants and glyphs. Glyphs are extremely cheap and seldom changed and leg enchants are not expensive either.

On a weekly basis I earn ~3-4500 g from steady flow of smaller/medium gold "payments" for like no effort and I have very little expenses overall, I use max 3 hours pr. week on this.
    I haven't done a single grind daily since I got exhalted with all my home cities at Argent Tournament.

Its going to be a "pain" when Cataclysm hits since the first couple of months I won't be self sufficient, but eventually I will be again once my alts are leveled to 85
    Last edited by jegerlee; 2010-07-20 at 08:39 AM.
    Does anyone else find it ironic that, as your virtual character gains experience, wealth and social stature, your reality character is losing the exact same things at the same rate?

10+ Year Old Account
    Questing. I'm not rich by any means, but all of my 80s (6 of em) have epic flying. All of em also have Loremaster of Northrend. If you love to quest, it's insane money. At least 12-13g a quest (~22 for group ones) and there is about 100 quests a zone. My rogue got epic flying from only doing (even while leveling) Borean, Dragonblight, Sholazar, and Storm Peaks. Again, it's not a ton of money, but for anyone who loves questing, it's more than enough to get anything you need. (Plus you throw in the dailies while you're running around these places.)
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do Northrend quests as an 80. You can make about 4k in a couple of days.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by calinass View Post
    Playing the game? I play the game just in a very different way in which raiders will probably /sigh at. I get locked to ICC VoA and ToC. I do my daily heroics, then go off to level alts. I do dailies if I am not too lazy to do them.

I have 450 mining but hardly fining myself mine. I have 100 BS which I *should* get up for Cata, but its a huge gold sink and farming copper/all other vanilla ore just bores me. (un'goro for thorium would be reasonable)

Should I go Mining and JC?
    If while lvling your alts you dont spend money on useless thing like some BoE item for your alt and just do your quests, vendor the thrash and the greenies(or disenchant them but you dont have enchanting), by the time you are lvl80 you will have a nice amount of gold on every alt. I know its not the fastest way to make gold but as you said you like lvling alts so this is a solution to your problem

2 hilts + icc 264 BoE epic belt = Hell Yeah!

I know that's never gonna happen again for another 3 expansions, but at least now I have ~25k to spend!

I just got every single ToC/ICC BoE item on my alts. Not gemmed, not enchanted. When a BoE that I can use drops, I roll, most of the time I win them since a lot of people have it. I use the only that is allready bound to my char. Seeing as ICC BoE items sell for 10k+ (Some for 20k+) and ToC ones are around 3-4k, I make a shitton of money. But I have 8 lvl 80's so I can handle this ;3

Pre-made Bgs. 5k honor per Bg and if it's premade you can be done in like 5 minutes or less. Go buy honor gems, cut them and sell them for like 150g each. So you take 60/5 = 12x150 = about 1800g an hour max and 1000g min for the que. No I'm not joking. Pre-made Bg + JC = $$$$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Pre-made Bgs. 5k honor per Bg and if it's premade you can be done in like 5 minutes or less. Go buy honor gems, cut them and sell them for like 150g each. So you take 60/5 = 12x150 = about 1800g an hour max and 1000g min for the que. No I'm not joking. Pre-made Bg + JC = $$$$$$$
    ^^ That's what I do, also buy ALL EPIC GEMS ON AH and resell them cut, many people buy them. Made ~9k a week from that non-concertrating. Done it one week when I had time off; made 13k by trying to do it.

wool cloth on emereld dream ahs for 50g horde side, so i take an alt into stocks, /my engineer
    farm it... =]

Quote Originally Posted by The bearer of truths View Post
    wool cloth on emereld dream ahs for 50g horde side, so i take an alt into stocks, /my engineer
    farm it... =]
    Haha thats ridiculouse. But if there is a market.. sure abuse it!

I use my Tailoring, Enchanting, JC, Engi and Inscription for making gold.
    I also flip blue items lvl 1-60. buy everything under 50% and sell them for 110%.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolga
    Who cares EPICS ARE SOULBOUND and irl shit comes and goes!!!!!!

Havn't realy "farmed" for gold in a couple of years now, i just sell Primordial Saronites from emblems, sitting at about 50k gold atm, with all ingame buyable mounts and pets, feel no need to farm anymore

4 of my characters have Alchemy and 2 of them have Inscription.

If i want I'd do easily 1k gold a day without playing with the AH of doing dailies...

Now I'm over 130k and I just stopped making golds, I just make some when I remember I can or I'm bored

Engineering on my shaman, sell around 100k iceblade arrows a day for 7g 99s 99c/1000

and i farm the shadows up myself.

it only sucks when this 1 loser undercuts me by 20 silver, then i go undercut him with more arrows by 1 copper ^.^