Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blood Infusion Tank Question!

Hey guyz i am a sexy prot warrior who decided to finish his Shadowmourne Quests(so i can farm them in Cataclysm considering the meanies dont let me go dps due to LK hc progression...Bad bad one T-T)

Anyway i wanted to ask about the blood infusion part...

If i stay linked with the queen the whole fight do i get the debuff from her or i have to go out of the link get the buff and if i go back again does it renew?

I wanna see if i can stick in the blood mirror and just get bitten!

I will wait ur kind Answers and tyvm!

P.s Wishign all those who answer me get a beta key! *Sparkles*
    Why?

Who let the dog's out?! Whooo!!!

you also have to BITE 3 people after you get hit by blood mirror. much easier to do it as DPS.

if your guild is working on LK HM you probably have a ret/fury/feral who can OT her easily
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

You also have to be wearing shadow's edge throughout the fight so you can't tank that fight as a warrior and get the quest done. You would have to go as a dps.

From wowhead:

"I did this quest tonight - not difficult to do. Here's what I did:

1) Run in with your tank and get the blood mirror debuff. Have the tank use his shield wall ability while you get guardian spirit/pain suppression/etc. Use your own cooldowns on yourself too - I used icebound fortitude and had my bone shield up, so I didn't drop very low. You only need blood mirror for a second or two. Then back out and let the OT take blood mirror.

2) You now have gushing wound, a debuff that ticks for roughly 1500 damage every second. Make sure your healers know this.

3) If you aren't bitten first, make sure whoever is bites you first. Then you bite three more people during the fight. As you bite your first and second person, gushing wound increases to 3000 damage per second and then 4500 damage per second. When you bite the third person, the debuff is removed, but you are still on the quest and all is still good - you just have no indication of this.

4) Stay alive, kill Blood Queen, turn in quest."

Might be usefull to you.
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

you wont get the first bite, just have the first bite bite you, then from then on out you have a melee run over to you when you have to pass it along

Yeah i know this my main question is...Do i get Gushing wounds even if i keep beeing blood link? or i have to get off the blood link to get the gushing wound? Bitting aint really an issue considering the dps aint an issue
    Why?

You'll still get gushing wounds but you're missing the key problem. You must have shadow's edge equipped the whole time so it is impossible for a warrior to complete the quest while tanking.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjarobot44 View Post
    You'll still get gushing wounds but you're missing the key problem. You must have shadow's edge equipped the whole time so it is impossible for a warrior to complete the quest while tanking.
    Do you know how the blood mirror works?

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    Do you know how the blood mirror works?
    I certainly do. What does that have to do with my statement?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    You could easily wear the weapon and be the OT as a warrior. The gear you are wearing is not that relevant. It is the gear that the MT is wearing, as you simply receive his damage, mirrored onto you.

You pretty much need to go DPS and get bit first. You can accomplish this easy by not sundering at the start and blowing all your CDs. If unsuccessfull, getting bit 2nd is a possible outcome, you'd just have to extend the fight longer.

Well wearing my normal tanking gear and just hold shadow's edge dont think it would be any problem for the tanking part considering i got 77k hp so it will prolly drop me to 70k with the weapon....I just wanna know if the gushing wound appears even if i stay linked on her the whole time...

P.s biting aint a problem considering i will easilly bite the melee
    P.s2 sorry if this post looks stupid but i wanna finish the quest so that way so they wont whine that Zag doesn't tank and we need him to!

Thanks for ur kind answer if u are sure about the gushing qound question i did i'd appreciate it tyvm! <3
    Why?

I certainly do. What does that have to do with my statement?
    Apparently you don't seeing as it's not impossible to do as a warrior tank. You don't have to actually tank her to get blood mirror and you definitely don't have to be in tank gear(on normal at least) to be healed through the mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    Apparently you don't seeing as it's not impossible to do as a warrior tank. You don't have to actually tank her to get blood mirror and you definitely don't have to be in tank gear(on normal at least) to be healed through the mirror.
    Actually I do. If you had taken the time to read what the OP said, they are working on heroic LK. He also basically implied his guild doesn't want to burn a lockout of LK attempts for him to complete the quest. Therefore he would be doing it on heroic which, if he were tanking BQ, would make it impossible to do. It may still be possible to do as the OT with as much health as he says he has.

To the OP: You can keep Blood Mirror on you and still get the gushing wounds debuff. I have seen several DKs complete this quest as the OT.
    Last edited by Ninjarobot44; 2010-07-20 at 01:30 PM.

Well He could just go Fury tanking, which is blizz's recommendation anyway, Fury spec, tank gear, shadouwmourne in one hand shield in the other. Easy.

To the OP: You can keep Blood Mirror on you and still get the gushing wounds debuff. I have seen several DKs complete this quest as the OT.
    Thank u kind Sir or Woman! Living or Undead! Ally or Horde! That's what i needed!
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Zagnaphein View Post
    Thank u kind Sir or Woman! Living or Undead! Ally or Horde! That's what i needed!
    You are quite welcome and good luck!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conno View Post
    Well He could just go Fury tanking, which is blizz's recommendation anyway, Fury spec, tank gear, shadouwmourne in one hand shield in the other. Easy.
    Got me thinking of a build for this, 5/51/15, not sure if you use your offspec that much or your guild requires it, but you might be able to pull this off for just that fight.
    Only 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Aerikaya View Post
    Got me thinking of a build for this, 5/51/15, not sure if you use your offspec that much or your guild requires it, but you might be able to pull this off for just that fight.
    Looks decent idd...Though i have to convince my GM why he should be bite and i should be the one doing the quest :P.

Btw in sindragosa i dont need to have the weapon on me right?
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Conno View Post
    And this thread is about doing the Shadowmourne quests.. how do you expect to have Shadowmourne in 1hand and shield in other WHILE doing the quests.

OT: Yes gushing wound will stay if u offtank all fight.