Random Dungeon Timer

Why the fuck is this in place? What purpose does this shit serve? I'm in a terrible group with a tank who pulled everything and died, wiping the group, just so it could get to Tanaris faster. I leave, and I have to wait 30 fucking minutes to queue again? Either way I'm wasting my time because the other group members were DPS in healing gear with tank specs and the healer had DPS gear and didn't speak English.

This isn't the first time either. Not by a long shot.

I'm not going to attempt to get any kind of halfway intelligent response on the Blizzard forums, so someone here please tell me. What was the Dungeon Lockout Timer Debuff Thing's purpose? I'd really like to know, because I can't believe Blizzard thought this was a good idea. Waste people's time because they leave a bad group that was wasting their time? Please tell me what the supposed benefits of this was supposed to be.

To avoid people "queue griefing" I suppose

This actually happened to me two days ago. I had a dungeon finder invitation pop up six times in a row, only to have the tank immediately decline. I'm pretty sure it was the same person queueing, declining, and then queuing again for some strange kicks. Now imagine that you could do that with groups. If you have a fast queue, you could get into a group, drop once you get into the dungeon, queue again, drop again, etc, and some people out there would actually get some kicks doing that. I think that's what they are trying to avoid.