Thread: GTFO Curse

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    They don't give viruses. The viruses come from the stupid flash thinger. It could happen on ANY site.
    The curse client has contained a virus a couple times.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

I just have to toss my opinion in on this... and I guess I'll be brief.

The one thing I really love about MMO-Champion is that the advertising on it isn't in-your-face and obtrusive. Curse's advertising is very much blinding, endless popups (some of which are infected, for gold sellers and the like) that we all block anyway, click misdirects, unsecure connections and a hundred other things.

If Curse has aquired MMO-Champion, they're only doing it to do what any business looks to do... Make Money. As such, we're going to see a lot more ad-space in the coming future (not right away, you need to placate the existing customer base) when the "new site design" comes out.

Boub, we know you probably had no real call in the decision making process... but those that come to MMO-Champion do so because we're NOT flooded with ads, because we like the site's simplicity and the "shitty" or however folks want to describe it, aspects of the site are actually the charms that brings us back over and over again.

Is it likely some people will leave MMO-Champion because of this? Well... yes. Is it likely MORE people will come to it eventually? Well... yes, certainly if the main Curse site advertises it's existance. But I'll tell you, just from me to you... the people who go to Curse for their news and addons...etc, are the majority. And me, personally, I find the majority of humanity idiotic, lacking in common sense, and possessing a willingness to devour and digest whatever is handed to them.

I mourn the (eventual) loss of our simple MMO-Champion.
    "I am The Dreadmist Man of Blizzcon, the voice of Deathwing and lead MMO Editor at www.blisteredthumbs.net. My ambitions are infinite, and so is my power. Cower mortals, for I am Oda Nobunaga, the Demon King come'th of the Sixth Heaven! I am both Man and Legend, and I can not be stopped!"

15+ Year Old Account
    As long as it helps us all get a world first kill on the dreadedly impossible to beat 502 Bad Gateway boss, I don't care if the people who make Teletubbies owns the site. :P
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry View Post
    The curse client has contained a virus a couple times.
    Believe what you will.

I'll continue using it like I have since it came out with no issues what so ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    As long as it helps us all get a world first kill on the dreadedly impossible to beat 502 Bad Gateway boss, I don't care if the people who make Teletubbies owns the site. :P
    "Stop making my MMO-champ more casual friendly to people who like Teletubbies!"

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murdamo View Post
    Should we look forward to infected ads and a premium service?
    There is one thing deserving repetition.

Firefox, you need it.
    NoScript and Adblock, best extensions for Firefox in the world, get those.

Enjoy your ad-free, virus-safe browsing.

I'd say wait till there is any changes that happens as a result of the acquisition. If there is none, then all is well here, move along now. If there is, it doesnt neccessarily mean its bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the change and love that Boub is moving in a more productive direction. Believe what you will but essentially she's making the site better for us.

Let this happen and I'll be sure to help out in becoming a premium member.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Mondroc View Post
    As long as the news is still there, whatever else is there is entierly irrelevant to me.
    ^this

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    I disagree.

And, huh, we're owned by Curse, we're not merging the sites together. MMO-Champion.com will remain the same for the users, really. It's just going to be less shitty, I hope you don't mind that.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQUqBlD4ZNg

Blizz was bought out by activision, and all that changed was people could buy stupid mounts and pets, mmo-champ will just sell special sigs (that ill prolly buy)

Quote Originally Posted by Tulus View Post
    what the fucking fuck?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never closed a tab faster in my life

Re-
    Quote Originally Posted by eucatastrophe View Post
    (Enable searching please^^)
    yes please do

Quote Originally Posted by Murdamo View Post
    Should we look forward to infected ads and a premium service?
    This.

Oh well, Adblock and Noscript ftw.

---------- Post added 2010-07-20 at 03:57 AM ----------

derp

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, you guys are seriously starting to sound like those little suburbanites who went ape shit when Eminem got signed.

If you want to support it, then do so. Otherwise, this doesn't effect you at all. Go back to crying about Garrosh or whatever's the cool thing to wet your Kleenex to this week.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Was that a Menard's commercial? If so I'm gonna start shopping at Home Depot and Lowes.