Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Does this spell the end of posting off site links, such as the MMO Report on front page news?

Quote Originally Posted by lolipopp View Post
    p.s. Activision buys all at the end haha ...just look what they have don't to WoW in past 1 year or so ...world of scrubscraft where being stupid is definitely not and a disadvantage !
    Judging by that shit heap you call a sentence, it seems like activision has your best interest in mind.

boub, unless I was under a proverbial rock here, thanks for the heads up and not creating a wave of panic- oh wait...

This seems like a double edged sword if you ask me. Curse has been my only source for addons, but in the long haul, I've had to be extremely cautious in what I download. I find if no coincidence at all that literally a day after I updated addons from curse, I was hacked (authenticator was en route via USPS...) Granted, its the uploader, and not the websites fault (entirely...)I s'pose so long as they leave you the man in charge of things, I'll continue to visit daily... don't screw us man! or else wowinsider.com is gonna start getting a lot more hits...

on a positive note, this site has needed a facelift, its gotten ugly. like, post 2007 Jena Jameson ugly
    http://www.motifake.com/image/demoti...1256032057.jpg
    Last edited by shogo238; 2010-07-20 at 03:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    You sound like Blizzard. This is disheartening.

I hope you realize that it's the every day Joe user that makes this place live, and that having to pay for a premium service when you haven't had to for the years this site has been around, would be preposterous.
    Why would anyone need to donate anything, by the way? I thought finance was the least of the troubles now.

If Premium means "something extra" and not "Pay for what was previously free" then it can be considered acceptable. Like Blizzard with their little payed services, we don't really need them but they're nice to have.
    It will mean something extra, usually something that we can't just support on a large scale. I just don't like not having a feature around just because we can't do it for 1M people each day.

Once again, I'd like to remember people that I'm not completely stupid and that I have no plan to jeopardize all the work I've put in MMO-Champion for the past 3 years. I'm not really known for bullshiting people (well, not in public.). If I say it's a good change, it is.

I only brought up the premium because I didn't want to leave the question unanswered. At this point, the plan is to make the site better for all the users. (Including admins. )

10+ Year Old Account
    WELL! My account got hacked a few months ago and blizzard told be to not trust CURSE.COM.... Hmmmm.... FUCK! I use to love mmo-champ!

Quote Originally Posted by carlos5577 View Post
    Alot of you say you hate curse but I bet at the same time you go over there to download the addons lol
    You are right sir :P
    And there is nothing wrong with thier site ...i just like mmo champ a lot more :_)

10+ Year Old Account
    >>Sorry double post x.x<<
    Last edited by flan1337; 2010-07-20 at 03:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bananengurke View Post
    inb4 curse buys wowhead.com
    Don't give them ideas.

I love this site and really hope the changes are minimal, but I can't help but feel that its gonna get weird. I'm gonna flip out next week when I visit here and I get redirected to an ad site that asks me "do you want to proceed?" And I'm really not going to like it when the not definite, yet highly probable, premium membership is required to view leaked info.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    It will mean something extra, usually something that we can't just support on a large scale. I just don't like not having a feature around just because we can't do it for 1M people each day.

Once again, I'd like to remember people that I'm not completely stupid and that I have no plan to jeopardize all the work I've put in MMO-Champion for the past 3 years. I'm not really known for bullshiting people (well, not in public.). If I say it's a good change, it is.

I only brought up the premium because I didn't want to leave the question unanswered. At this point, the plan is to make the site better for all the users. (Including admins. )
    *whispers* SHHH accepted my friend request dude!
    socials
    TikTok flanleet | YouTube/Twitter/Instagram flan1337

I LOVE YOU BOUB! Good luck with the changes, grats on teh monies, and frankly.... <.< >.> i think curse is ok and like their client.

Why are you guys hating so much about this? It has opened so many new opportunities for Bibi and if you want to stop coming to the site because you don't like Curse well I think you will be missing out to say the least.

This is and always will be MMO-Champion.com, never Curse.com.

Quote Originally Posted by Onisuofdreams View Post
    Does this spell the end of posting off site links, such as the MMO Report on front page news?
    Huh. No. I like Casey.

Quote Originally Posted by shogo238 View Post
    This seems like a double edged sword if you ask me. Curse has been my only source for addons, but in the long haul, I've had to be extremely cautious in what I download. I find if no coincidence at all that literally a day after I updated addons from curse, I was hacked (authenticator was en route via USPS...) Granted, its the uploader, and not the websites fault (entirely...)I s'pose so long as they leave you the man in charge of things, I'll continue to visit daily... don't screw us man! or else wowinsider.com is gonna start getting a lot more hits...
    You can't get hacked with addons fyi ;p but Curse is definitely the target of a lot of malicious attacks, a lot of people who think that Curse is unsafe are actually people who got scammed by fake Curse sites on Google. The only thing they can do is report and wait until Google reacts.

Curse definitely had a couple of security issues in the past, but, well, so did MMO-Champion. (It wasn't too bad, but it happened, and I'm pretty sure it happened on every single WoW site out there)

Quote Originally Posted by lewo_darkfluffy View Post
    WELL! My account got hacked a few months ago and blizzard told be to not trust CURSE.COM.... Hmmmm.... FUCK! I use to love mmo-champ!
    Curse.com is an official fansite, I sincerely doubt a Blizzard employee told you to not use a site linked on the official site.

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot View Post
    Don't give them ideas.

I love this site and really hope the changes are minimal, but I can't help but feel that its gonna get weird. I'm gonna flip out next week when I visit here and I get redirected to an ad site that asks me "do you want to proceed?" And I'm really not going to like it when the not definite, yet highly probable, premium membership is required to view leaked info.
    Holy crap. Dude, premium to see leaked information will never happen. Ever. I'll run naked in Paris if it does.

Quote Originally Posted by FHornsrule99 View Post
    I LOVE YOU BOUB! Good luck with the changes, grats on teh monies, and frankly.... <.< >.> i think curse is ok and like their client.
    I sold the site 3 years ago to MLG, it's not mine anymore. I didn't get any money out of this deal, just better working conditions in the future.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananengurke View Post
    inb4 curse buys wowhead.com
    Not gonna happen - right now there's two major MMO networks, Curse (Curse, CurseForge, WowAce, wowdb, World of Raids, Arena Junkies, and now MMO-Champion) and ZAM (zam, Allakhazam, wowhead, Thottbot, TankSpot, wowinterface)

First they'll have to swallow all those small, somewhat independent sites, before one buys the other :X

big LOL @ the ppl saying "bye bye mmochamp going to WoR" xD
    Curse owns both now.

I like change and if it's for good then it's welcome. Grats on the sell and good luck with the future this is one more person that will keep coming here for wow news.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry guys Garfield will keep us safe. And lewo curse.com doesn't take your account. I highly doubt you were keylogged from a addon that you downloaded from curse.

oh, well I'm glad anyway good luck again and I'll be here. Promise.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerend View Post
    Brb making worldofraids my home page =(
    worldofraids is owned by curse to sooo uhhh...

Omg, Boub! Congrats on this awesome development and opportunity. I know that there are a lot of folks with concerns and questions. It's really respectful and thoughtful of you to understand that and take the time to update this post with answers to try and quell any fears that the community might have about this change.

This is a wonderful opportunity and it's great to know that MMO-Champ is getting this sort of acknowledgment.

You've never steered us wrong before and you've always made efforts to give the community what they've wanted. I don't think anyone can deny that you've always been real with us. You're more of our friend, in that regard, than just the guy who runs MMO-Champ. And, that's probably why so many people are a bit scared of you disappearing or the loss that we'd all feel if this site was no longer still greatly in your hands.

Again, congrats so much to MMO-Champion and to you! I'm definitely looking forward to everything that's to come, in the future, and to you having a bit more time to focus on showing us the beta goods! ^_^

Im well aware that the addon itself can't hack you, but nasty lil buggers hidden in the .zip file can (yeah i know i shoulda been more thorough... don't say it)

on a lighter note:
    HOLY SHIT BOUB SPOKE TO ME!!! IM NEVER GONNA WASH THAT POST AGAIN! ^_^