Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Fluffy Kitten Malefic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    England, UK.
    Posts
    1,070
    People hating on Boubouille; think of it this way. He didn't own the site; MLG did. Therefore it is them you should be hating for dishing the site out to Curse. I am sure he has to keep a roof over his own head and I am sure he loves doing this job otherwise he wouldn't put such 1st grade effort into it like he does, therefore I am pretty sure he doesn't have much choice in terms of sticking with the website, which is now owned by Curse; again, MLG's sale, not his.

  2. #42
    Bloodsail Admiral Ken_Silver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Quel'Danil Lodge, Hinterlands
    Posts
    1,172
    I just signed up to MMO-Champ and the place gets sold. LOL.

    No matter. Congrats to Boub for the new job. At the least, now you get paid for doing this stuff for us.

    I don't know about the "horrors" of Curse.com, but I'll end up believing them when I see them.

  3. #43
    Scarab Lord Kaneiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Iowa, United States
    Posts
    4,313
    Yeah, I understand the benefits for you and the site in general, you SERIOUSLY deserve it.

    But really?

    Curse?

    You better not let them put a bunch of bullshit on the site.

    As soon as they took over WoR, I switched to here thanks to the fact it was fucking slow as hell.

  4. #44
    Immortal Noomz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In my head, where crazy happens.
    Posts
    7,535
    Quote Originally Posted by wasniahC View Post
    You have sold your soul, Boubouille. YOUR SOUL.
    If I see any "premium" shit up here I'm going to be damn pissed, as will many others, though I'm fairly confident you won't let that happen

    I share this concern.

    I don't want Curse to infiltrate mmo-champ too much, or this will be a Real ID rebellion all over.

    I will pass final judgement when these changes they have in mind will be announced to us. But I don't like this.

  5. #45
    I'm sad with this change..... no more live stream of MLG wow 3s tournaments.

  6. #46
    Brb making worldofraids my home page =(

  7. #47
    High Overlord Kabasue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Darn-ass-us
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    You got acquired by the same people who were accused of gold selling and stealing accounts through malicious software?

    Grats... I guess...
    just quoteing this for no apperent reason, don't ban me.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Katarinae View Post
    I'm going to be pissed if Curse starts trying to make MMO part of their "premium" service.
    As long as i dont have to sift through spamming of addons or links everywhere to curse.com, and of course any kind of paid service Im fine with this. Grats to boub capitalisim is still alive

    For the record i dont trust curse
    Last edited by phenom568; 2010-07-20 at 02:29 AM.

  9. #49
    High Overlord drsjohnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Canada B.C.
    Posts
    153
    hmm some interesting news indeed this be fun

  10. #50
    Best Kitten Simca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    8,844
    In this thread, people with no idea how the Curse Client works accuse it of containing malware.

    At least my faith in humanity is intact. Oh, wait.

  11. #51
    The Patient Trajer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Posts
    269
    Does this mean you're filthy rich? Can I borrow 30 bucks for HON please!

  12. #52
    I am Murloc! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerend View Post
    Brb making worldofraids my home page =(
    That makes no sense. If you are leaving mmo-champion because they are now owned by curse, why would you change to another curse owned site? You would be better of going to a site like wowraid.com even if it isn't as on the pulse of info as mmo-champion or world of raids since wowraid.com isn't owned by curse as of yet.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  13. #53
    im all for it if it means no more streaming MLG video game crap being posted to the front page bugging to install an addon.
    We should all say goodbye to backwards chainsaw now, since curse premium links will be appearing. but its only $29 a year, so its not bad at all.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Inhumane View Post
    I will not congratulate you, Boubouille.
    I don't care what kind of financial situation you were in, but submitting yourself to the Curse Empire is not the way to go.
    If your visitors wanted to be apart of a Curse community, they would be visiting World of Raids.

    This will not end well for you Boubouille, this will undoubtedly change MMO-Champion for the worse.
    Way to be unsupportive. Boubouille has been loyal to his readers through a lot of ups and downs, so I really doubt he'd go with this change if he wasn't sure that this was a positive thing. I for one hope he (or MLG or both) got a lot of money for this sale.

  15. #55
    Best Kitten Simca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    8,844
    Quote Originally Posted by plaits View Post
    Accusation != proof.

    Curse has never sold gold. Curse has never "stolen accounts" with "malicious software".

    Fake Curse clients have circulated around, but they're fakes used by hackers to phish.

    Ads on Curse have sometimes maliciously taken advantage of Flash vulnerabilities, but that isn't Curse's fault and nor is it something that is a unique problem for Curse, it can happen on any site.

    Check your facts please!
    Oh wow, somebody with a brain.

    Your faith in humanity has increased by 1.

  16. #56
    Fluffy Kitten Ultima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    3,189
    My salary has now been doubled thanks to Curse.

    My approval of this is in no way biased.
    I heal in the Arena
    Retired Moderator - Priest and PvP
    You can follow me @UltimaMMO_C

  17. #57
    ewww gnomes!

  18. #58

    Thumbs down

    Well.... this sucks.. i hate curse

  19. #59
    Curse? Really? Oh god, no -_-

    As soon as I'm seeing some kind of "Premium Service" bullshit, I'm outta here.

    Lets just hope Bibi can beat stupid ideas out of the head of his new boss.

  20. #60
    Alot of you say you hate curse but I bet at the same time you go over there to download the addons lol

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •