Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Traversing through The Luminiferous Aether.
    Yay for fixed search function, Do that first and anything else you do is forgiven.

Ultimately, I just hope that after 3 years my readers trust me enough to know that I wouldn't do anything stupid for the site
    I trust you more than I would ever trust Curse. I congratulate you and I wish you the very best of luck.

hmm as curse means also mmos like aion, runescape etc. and mmo-champ is about mmo(s?):
    will it mean mmo-champ won't be exclusively wow anymore?

good luck though

Quote Originally Posted by diseous View Post
    this site used to be cool, but fuck you guys. I'm out. Buncha sell outs. Changing the site was enough to get me to stop posting, this is enough to send me elsewhere.
    I can't tell if this guy is being sarcastic or serious, but this change won't change much so I don't see the problem.

Ultimately, I just hope that after 3 years my readers trust me enough to know that I wouldn't do anything stupid for the site. The news format will stay the same, the people behind the site will stay the same (but we will get backup), I could probably have decided to not announce the change and nobody would have noticed before ages. The only reason why it was announced is because it's a great thing, and it was worth sharing.
    Boub, I think I can safely say this is how many feel without having to ask around: We trust you. We don't trust Curse.

Being that Curse will now be your financial backing, when it comes time for a change to be made, your opinion of it will be taken with a grain of salt. I'm sure it will be heard, but it won't matter because "you're not the one paying for the site". I didn't much care for the way MLG took over the front page during arena match crap, but at least I didn't have to worry about premium content or who knows what else for the sake of makin a buck.

Quote Originally Posted by rantus View Post
    I can't tell if this guy is being sarcastic or serious, but this change won't change much so I don't see the problem.
    Im dead fucking serious. I have been around this place for 2 years now, and I can tell you it has changed for the worse. I hope that MLG got their money's worth, cause this place is gonna tank more than it already has.

Really hope this is not a huge sell out. Its easy to say "no" right now, but when the money starts rolling in its even easier to fall for it.
    Dont think there are any SimRacers around here, but the story on that side of gaming was that quite a big company that was all about money bought "RaceSimCentral" website/forums (Which were absolutely huge and great. Let it RIP) for its own "good" and turned it into an absolute pile of shite...
    What I'm saying is, I really hope this doesnt happen to "Champion".
    Anyways, We'll see what happens.

I would have preffered if mmo-champion had been bought by ZAM...

Im dead fucking serious. I have been around this place for 2 years now, and I can tell you it has changed for the worse. I hope that MLG got their money's worth, cause this place is gonna tank more than it already has.
    And nothing of value is lost.

I'm pretty glad about this, since I know how much time Bibi spends on stuff he shouldn't be doing. Believe me, this is way better for the site.

I hope you are right, Boub... But sounds to me just like Activision and Blizzard, where Activision definitely changed things to the negative side although Blizzard claims to still be the driving force.

I wouldn't mind paying a small(!) amount of money for optional and interesting premium features, but the second they start milking the shit out of people here, I'm out. And tbh, I see that coming :/

Our futures. You can post up to 4 reply's per day. If you wish to post more than 4 you need to subscribe to mmo-champion premium.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wasniahC View Post
    Curse, the guys who blocked wowmatrix from updating addons from it?
    Then pretty much just ignored wowmatrix when they tried to contact curse about it, saying they would be nonprofit?
    Wowmatrix was bad (as in evil). If you don't know the whole story; shut up, if you do then you're stupid to take Wowmatrix' side.

I have been around for a few years myself, how has it changed for the worse?

EDIT: You didnt even join until 2009...

I can't wait to see what happens in the next few months, this can only be good for the news posts I come here daily to see. I'm sure people will complain about how Curse allegedly caused 9/11, and how Curse was behind the BP oil spill ect. but are those things so bad? We are going to get better news posts and the site will work when patches come out, who cares about the oilly birds!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lombra View Post
    Wowmatrix was bad (as in evil). If you don't know the whole story; shut up, if you do then you're stupid to take Wowmatrix' side.
    Nice try Curse representative.

Well that means no more data-mining from Boub. You might aswell close the site now because blue-tracker is already on wow forums.

Does this mean you're moving to Cali?

As long as the layout isn't anything like curse's, I don't see how this is a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyLiaison View Post
    Curse owns World of Raids as well. Apparently you don't pay attention to anything on that site either.
    LOL

You sir, just won everything somebody could possibly win. And more.

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    You got acquired by the same people who were accused of gold selling and stealing accounts through malicious software?

Grats... I guess...
    Anyone can be accused of ANYTHING. Where exactly is the proof?

Impressive to see how Boub created this site when he was 19 (or 18, depending on the birthday)...all I was doing at 19 was wiping on C'Thun I guess ;|

Quote Originally Posted by Lombra View Post
    WoWMatrix was giving a better service, see -> site dedicated ONLY to addons, WITHOUT forums, news, facebook/twitter/social network links, discussions, video streamings, you simply get into the site, pressed a button and update your Addons, so that was faster and NOT PREMIUM SHIT than both Curse and Ace, so they willfully accused it to not add Author's names and Donate links on the addons. Wich was a lie.
    Last edited by Izenhart; 2010-07-20 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wasniahC View Post
    Curse, the guys who blocked wowmatrix from updating addons from it?
    Then pretty much just ignored wowmatrix when they tried to contact curse about it, saying they would be nonprofit?
    Yes, I can't see why from a business perspective that Curse wouldn't freely welcome a tool that allows you to access its bandwidth without ever viewing a single one of its adds. **ROLLS EYES!!!***

If I see any "premium" shit up here I'm going to be damn pissed, as will many others, though I'm fairly confident you won't let that happen
    [/quote]

There is nothing wrong with "premium" tools. Most of the premium packages are under $3. Its not exactly a huge deal. If you feel you need it you get it, if you don't then you don't. If MMO-Champion did something like make blue tracker or the news page a premium tool it would basically kill the site.