Poll: Will the Lich king return?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Fighting alongside Turalyon and Alleria against the Burning Legion
    I want to say no to this..but this is blizzard after all, they do love to feed on our tears..
    Participator in the Great 'Real ID Forum Change' Riot July 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Divaet View Post
    I love being self-richeous..
    Quote Originally Posted by DailyBlink View Post
    Malygos flips out and creates a mana blackhole. Mages no longer use Mana, instead having a new resource called 'Derp'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Highlight
    I can envision an epic battle that would take place some time in the future. The Alliance and horde put aside their difference one final time and the leaders of the factions stand before their gathered armies in the vain hopes of fending off their greatest enemy. Varian and Garrosh give each other a look of blatant distrust, but quickly turn back toward their armies to rally them to the fight. The orchestra of war sounds and then goes eerily silent as the foe appears: The Legion's limitless swarm appears over a distant hill. Morale falters immediately and as the demonic flood nears, their scent overpowers one of the more fresh Human foot soldiers, only to be lifted by the Tauren Sunwalker next to him.

All is silent as battle is soon to be joined and as the Legion's forces draw near, the Scourge war horn is sounded. The demons stop their advance briefly as both armies turn their attentions to the east. There, astride the last of the Frost Wyrm rides the Jailor of the Damned. His eyes flash with power and the Scourge, the enemy of the mortal race, now join the fray as their ally. Abominations, Ghouls, Geists and all sorts of other undead rush forward to lay waste to the foul demons. In their hour of greatest need, the Jailor of the Damned becomes the Savior of the Damned.

Or something like that.

tl;dr: We haven't heard the last of Bolvar and I really believe he'll return in our hour of greatest need.
    ^This, would truly be awesome World of Warcraft "Swan Song"
    Psilo - Enhancement Shaman - Argent Dawn EU - People for the Ethical Treatment of Shamans

*Ben*

Quote Originally Posted by Highlight View Post
    I can envision an epic battle that would take place some time in the future. The Alliance and horde put aside their difference one final time and the leaders of the factions stand before their gathered armies in the vain hopes of fending off their greatest enemy. Varian and Garrosh give each other a look of blatant distrust, but quickly turn back toward their armies to rally them to the fight. The orchestra of war sounds and then goes eerily silent as the foe appears: The Legion's limitless swarm appears over a distant hill. Morale falters immediately and as the demonic flood nears, their scent overpowers one of the more fresh Human foot soldiers, only to be lifted by the Tauren Sunwalker next to him.

All is silent as battle is soon to be joined and as the Legion's forces draw near, the Scourge war horn is sounded. The demons stop their advance briefly as both armies turn their attentions to the east. There, astride the last of the Frost Wyrm rides the Jailor of the Damned. His eyes flash with power and the Scourge, the enemy of the mortal race, now join the fray as their ally. Abominations, Ghouls, Geists and all sorts of other undead rush forward to lay waste to the foul demons. In their hour of greatest need, the Jailor of the Damned becomes the Savior of the Damned.

Or something like that.

tl;dr: We haven't heard the last of Bolvar and I really believe he'll return in our hour of greatest need.

Damn that was good to read! I could really get behind that if it were to happen.

You should perhaps expand on it a bit more, perhaps, a short story? Hell, if you've got enough ideas, a book? o.o

I think you've got it wrong.
    Arthas, the Lich King wanted to gather us into a trap, kill us and then raise us, the most powerful fighting force on Azeroth, to do his bidding. What he forgot about was Tirion, and his underestimation of Tirion was what lead to his ultimate downfall.

On the other hand, it doesn't exclude the possibility that Ner'Zul, might have survived bound to the Helmet the same way Arthas's innocence was bound to his heart.
    Now, judging by how much people talked about Arthas and how little people talked about Ner'Zul, its safe to assume almost no one knows about him or remembers him. Ner'Zul was the only one to have such far sight that he orchestrated Arthas's damnation, the Burning Legion,s downfall, and ultimately getting a host.

Maybe, he had the far sight again to bide his time, wait for Arthas to fall, and then pounce on a new, unsuspecting host.
    Ner'Zul is far more a dangerous adversary then Arthas was. And even more so if Bolvar doesn't recognize the threat, he will be weak, focusing his entire will on keeping the scourge under control, he will be vulnerable.

And better still. Since Tirion is spreading the word that the Lich King is dead, now Ner'Zul can focus all he wants, can take all the time he needs to corrupt Bolvar, get him under control and rebuild the scourge. And no one will suspect a thing, since they all think the Lich King is dead.
    Oh its absolutely brilliant.