Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Forget it

Raid content accessibility
    You're asking for us to spend an inordinate amount of our development time on a very small portion of our player base. That might work for an instance as easy to develop as Molten Core. It won't work for Ulduar. Making raids only for the top 2% is hard to justify when we're sitting there looking at a long feature list trying to decide what features we want to do for Cataclysm and what has to wait. The equivalent would be saying "This is the Survival hunter expansion. We're going to spend a huge chunk of our development time on Survival hunters. If you don't play a hunter, sorry, but please buy our expansion anyway." Your strategy should actually be welcoming as many players as possible into raids -- that's what allows us to keep spending so much time and effort on them. (Source)

Keeping old content alive and challenging
    I'm not sure you feel this way, but typically the response is "I walked uphill in the snow, so they should have to as well." You got to the content first. You were showing off your tier set and Shadowmourne in Dalaran before those others guys. Why does it matter if they will eventually be able to catch up to you (especially since you'll pull ahead again the second a new raid is available)? The alternative is saying that those players should want to run through every raid tier before they can hit the new stuff, but I can tell you that whether or not they want to (and many don't) the facts suggest that they never finish and give up on raiding.

We're not really trying to keep Black Temple or Sunwell alive at this point, and by the same token, we're okay if Naxx has basically been reduced to achievements or weekly raid quests. It had its time in the sun. We don't need to prop it up forever. (Source)

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/1806 Blizzards thoughts on all the questions regarding this, so you can argue and wish and accept cookies from likeminded posters here until you are blue in the face, but it is not the developers intent. They want the community play whatever the endcontent is. And that includes people who join 2,4,6 or 12 months later.
    Oh believe me, I'm in no way arguing, I do like the way gearing up is currently, I just miss that old epic feeling of raids like they were truly designed to have. It's going to be dull spending months farming emblems from 5 mans, then downing Deathwing feeling braindead, and then waiting almost half a year afterwards for the new expansion, zzz. That's where I hope Archaeology comes into play, hopefully a source of lore bits and flashy items. :P

Also looking forward to exploring the Old World from above, with the updated textures and the destruction from the Cataclysm, it's going to be beautiful! *sheds tear*
    Last edited by Revocation; 2010-07-20 at 12:11 PM.

This is a fun thread.

I think Blizzard was right on to remove guild talents. I wouldn't want my guild leader in control of any aspect of my character. And I don't think trainers should explain to players how to use their skills - I like being left on my own a bit to experiment and learn and figure out how to play without having my hand held all the time.

I strongly agree with you about archeology - I think it has the potential to be a really fun solo activity but only if Blizzard steps outside the box a bit. The designers could borrow from some other genres like adventure and platforming to bring some puzzle solving/exploration elements to the game. Most importantly it should be challenging - not just another mindless faceroll/grind like pretty much every other piece of solo content.

I like the new talent system in general, but I'd be much happier if you were able to spend up to 20 points in the non-primary trees. Not going to happen now but I can fantasize.

Better graphics! I like WoW's artistic style, but they could add all sorts of pretty effects without compromising that.

Some more I just thought of:

Epics should be EPIC! I know this gets said again and again, and I believe Blizzard even said off hand that they were trying to do this, but it's still worth saying. If rep vendors are going to sell epics, then it should be HARD to get exalted with that faction. Epics from heroic 5-mans should be rare as shit. If the first tier of raid content (not the actual tier set of course) is half blues then I'll be a happy man. Of course this would make less sense if by the time the third raid was released, it was completely trivial to get full epic gear from the previous raid (as has been the case in WOTLK).

Sulfuras and Thunderfury should still be obtainable! I only put this in here because I'm working on getting these right now and it will just break my heart if they become unobtainable in Cata.
    Last edited by kallette; 2010-07-20 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Updated

Deleted
    I would like to see more non-raid based endgame content, not gear rewards, but more mounts, more pets, more achievs, more titles, perhaps fun things like non combat abilities or minor combat abilities, more work towards professions, ie recipes you need to complete achievs or quest chains for, and so on. Things to keep those who want to play but not always raid feel like there is a lot of stuff to do even after max level. I know WotLK had quite a lot - but no where near enough things to keep most people busy for years. Archeology has an opportunity to really offer something, but so did path of the titans and that got scrapped so I'm not going to be too hopeful

My idea of archeology is to have those little 9 square things with a square missing and its all jumbled up and once you solve it it contains a message that you have to translate or something epic feeling like that. Im also glad that they are making epics feel more epic again. back in vanilla it was like "ok sweet you have full D0 set" now its like "wtf you don't have full 232 epics?"

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    more work towards professions, ie recipes you need to complete achievs or quest chains for, and so on.
    I like this! I miss that from vanilla.

What would make a perfect cataclysm for me? Let's see....
    1. Crafted gear that is actually useful for more than just being brand new 80.
    1a. Crafting patterns/recipes dropping from raid bosses/trash on any difficulty (not just 25 man, or heroic mode, but on 10 man, 25 man, and heroic versions, but them being the same).
    2. A little more variety in the mats needed to make various things (similar to classic, not just metal bars+element, or cloth+element, etc). Make us go out in the world and farm for the various mats, not just farm for the cloth/ore/gems/leather/herbs/elements. It would promote people going out in the world.
    3. More mounts, pets, titles and such at endgame that is NOT tied to raiding only. And also, more variety in flying mounts that is not a drake of some kind, a windrider, or gryphon.
    4. Bring back raid reputations. They went in the right direction with the Ashen Verdict. However, they made it too easy to get exalted with them by just doing trash. They need to change that up to where trash will get you to friendly or honored, while bosses will continue giving rep through exalted. Also, vendors who sell crafting patterns depending on your rep with them, that costs GOLD and not the new "orb" like the primordial saronite.
    5. They should stick with the "wear this tabard in high level dungeons when you reach friendly to get rep with this faction" like they did with Argent Crusade, Wyrmrest Accord, Kirin Tor, and Knights of the Ebon Blade. But give a good reward for reaching exlated, other than just a more powerful head enchant. Such as a ground/flying mount, a pet, or other such thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    A little more variety in the mats needed to make various things (similar to classic, not just metal bars+element, or cloth+element, etc). Make us go out in the world and farm for the various mats, not just farm for the cloth/ore/gems/leather/herbs/elements. It would promote people going out in the world.
    Argh totally!! Everything just feels so contrived in WOTLK. They'd probably say they've "streamlined" the design or some bullshit but it feels to me like they've sucked all the flavour out of the game. Some aspects of it at least.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    My perfect cataclysm is a pony for everyone from Ghostcrawler, rideable pink unicorns and customizable boobies on female characters ^^
    Amen, NOW you're making sense!

I must add: Updated character models! Please!
    Gief inspiration.

Quote Originally Posted by icecreamtruck View Post
    Remove the 15 min HS CD from guild talents (never having to use the world blizz puts so much effort in making)
    Give us back 51-point trees (because the new ones have zero customization)
    As much pve content TBC had
    Actually progress in pve instead of heroics.->latest tier (because farming heroics the whole expansion is boring and so is farming the latest tier all the time)

Then im happy

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Araxie View Post
    Big Pic
    You've really missed the point of this thread...
    Gief inspiration.