Page 1 of 3
LastLast

New realms with cataclysm

What i was wondering will there be new, fresh realms (EU) with the launch of cataclysm?
    I've been looking on internet and on this forum for blue post or other forum post considering this but couldn't find any decent answer. I know that with the launch of TBC there were 4 new realm iirc and 2 just before Wotlk but nothing concerning cata yet, atleast what i could find.
    Thanks

It seems to me that there are quite a few servers that could use an infusion of players before a new ones are added. However stranger things have happened.

I do believe this has been said before, no. The reason? There are many fine low-pop servers out there to reroll or transfer to.

Dont get me wrong, I miss the old days of seeing the news of a new server going live in the next 24 hours and not allowing any transfers to said server for 3 months. But not gonna happen I am afraid.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did add them. However, I really wouldn't put money on it. Many servers have had low pops for a while now. They've even merged some servers.

Quote Originally Posted by RakuRaku View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they did add them. However, I really wouldn't put money on it. Many servers have had low pops for a while now. They've even merged some servers.
    I know that but for rerollers it would be nice to have 1 fresh PVE and/or 1 fresh pvp realm i guess?

If the did add a new server or two, in addition to locking transfers to the server, they would have to lock DK's until your first character is 55 or 60.

There was at least 7 new realms with TBC. Too many, almost all of them became dead and the Vindication battlegroup (The one all 7 are in) is currently worst EU.

Quote Originally Posted by sequitor View Post
    I know that but for rerollers it would be nice to have 1 fresh PVE and/or 1 fresh pvp realm i guess?
    There are quite a few that would like it, it gets suggested every so often on the official forums. Those posts usually get locked/deleted fairly quickly as they keep having to say "we arent going to open new servers while we have ones with low populations as it is". The problem being that new servers struggle to get decent playerbases. Financially (opening and maintaining them costs money remember) it just doesnt make sense while they have plenty of space available as it is.

I eagerly await the day for another shot at the Scarab Lord title!

Deleted
    if its just for the scarab lord title the quests are no longer completeable iirc, although it would be nice to be the one with the tank sadly it can never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Earenbane View Post
    if its just for the scarab lord title the quests are no longer completeable iirc, although it would be nice to be the one with the tank sadly it can never happen.
    Stone the non-believer!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RakuRaku View Post
    theyv NEVER merged servers EVER....
    Prot for life!

It's funny how people scream the servers are slow, buggy and terrible and still they cry and cry for new ones.

Why don't you whiners let them fix the ones they've set up before starting new ones? Why don't you populate the ones that already are there for you?

It's not mandatory with new servers just because a new expansion is coming out anyway.

I think, if anything, we'll see some more realms merged. I'd be surprised if Blizzard spawned any more given the low populations on several existing ones.

Quote Originally Posted by sequitor View Post
    What i was wondering will there be new, fresh realms (EU) with the launch of cataclysm?
    I've been looking on internet and on this forum for blue post or other forum post considering this but couldn't find any decent answer. I know that with the launch of TBC there were 4 new realm iirc and 2 just before Wotlk but nothing concerning cata yet, atleast what i could find.
    Thanks
    Safe bet there will be at least one. Generally PvE realms do ok while PvP are the low pop.

Deleted
    I've always had a lot of praise for Blizzard, but if there is one thing I think they've handled badly is population balancing. Making low pop servers 'recommended' just isn't cutting it. Harder methods need to be used. Faction lockouts etc. Population balance is for sure one of the biggest problems with WoW today.

You shouldn't have to pay x amount to move from a low population server, because quite frankly they just shouldn't exist. WoW on a high population server is a great expierience, but if you've ever played on a low population server you'll understand just how much it effects your enjoyment. Empty auction houses, lack of guilds and so on.

I eagerly await the day for another shot at the Scarab Lord title!
    New servers automatically have the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj open now. Blizzard really needs to give players another chance to get that mount, it is so awesome.

I'd prefer it if they upgraded the old servers, making less need for the new ones anyway.

They only open enw ones when they need more hardware to open up more people playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat400 View Post
    There was at least 7 new realms with TBC. Too many, almost all of them became dead and the Vindication battlegroup (The one all 7 are in) is currently worst EU.
    Not true. Auchindoun is one of the best servers EU. All the others are crappy, but I think another 3 or 4 are within the top 200 - Hellfire for definate. We are pretty goddamn awful, but none of them are dead, some are actually not bad. Hellfire alliance is fairly good - horde is on its last legs though.

Don't talk about a battlegroup you don't play on.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

only low pop servers are PvP so we need PvE/rp