15+ Year Old Account

Suggestion : closing the World First forums

I'm sure this suggestion won't gain a high amount of praise, but I will make it nonetheless.

The World First forums incite 90% + trolling. Evidenced by several of the threads similar to this one (as the most prime and recent example).

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...24#post8390624

There is no "MMO-Champion suggestions and feedback" topic to make this pitch in, and I really don't want to just bug moderators with it in private.

Personally, to prevent such topics from even happening, I think the World Firsts forums should be locked for starting new posts, and all world firsts should first be registered and investigated before being posted.

This won't prevent all the trolling, obviously, but it will prevent troll threads from bombarding the World Firsts forums, as they seem to more often than not. I hope, at the very least, it can be considered to make this site more enjoyable for all of us to come to (as nobody likes having to sift through waves upon waves of troll threads to find something that's actually legit).
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

15+ Year Old Account
    I wholeheartedly agree with this suggestion. Perhaps the guild leaders or representatives who use MMO-C can alert certain moderators through PMs rather than having the forum be a catch-all for every stupid World First post people create. The only relevant world first posts are the main news post anyways.

Deleted
    tbh i reckon your onto something why people need to waste time discussing world 1sts when they should be working towards them is beyond me

/support
    Mike Morheim: Rift is totally gonna fail
    Ghostcrawler: Yeah good thing we made healing harder!
    Metzen: Guys, what soul should I get to go with Paladin and Beastmaster?

/signed
    All it does is cause problems, the OP's just get trolled to hell and most of the time its completely pointless World Firsts (that are never world firsts) plus even new content world firsts have lost their value so imo its pointless having the forum.

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel I should clarify something. I'm not requesting the removal of the World First forums. I would like for them to stay active. However, I would like that any thread that is started cannot be started until a forum moderator (Boub, Sunshine, Bahamut, Kel, whoever) first investigates the legitimacy of the claim and decide if it is even worthy of being in the World Firsts thread.

I would still like to see "World First Deathwing heroic kill by Paragon" or something along those lines. That, to me, is still an accomplishment worthy of merit, and I think people should get credit where credit is due. Even the world first of the rogue soloing Patchwerk in 25-man deserved props. Heck, even the world first Tirion Fordring kill (that crazy Goon Squad) deserved more than some things that are posted on a near weekly basis in those sections.

However, examples listed below have no credintial merit whatsoever, and simply infest the forum with troll threads.

-The "World First FLame Leviathan 25-man soloed" thread
    -The "World first Onyxia10 5-manned" thread
    -The "World First Gnomeregan two boss kills by a level 29 twink rogue solo" thread (my example that is listed above)

Essentially, I would like to have all world firsts documented, and authenticated, and proven BEFORE being allowed on the World First sections of the forums. All threads can be commented on as normal, simply starting a thread must be authorized (as someone suggested above, such as registered users from certain guilds, ect.).

Those sections of the forums incite tons of troll threads on a continuous basis. Worse still, there is no listed active moderator for either section, meaning such troll threads go generally unattended and can reach dozens upon dozens of pages of posts. I would like very much for the people who deserve recognition to be the only ones receiving the attention, rather than someone who's simply bored because the servers are down and decides "you know what, I'm gonna be this weeks' MMO-Champion Loser Troll of the Week!".

I hope that's a bit better clarified.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present