Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Does your class/role reflect your personality?

My GF and I always joke about how she is selfish so she has always played a warlock, being a DPS and not necessarily "offering" as much to the raid. On the flipside I am supposedly selfless because I have always played a tank or healer (paladin/druid/shaman) and my stint as a DK DPS didn't last long at all.

What are peoples' opinions on this? Do you think your personality manifests in-game beyond how you interact with others?

I am ill tempered, hot headed, and I CAN be violent so... yeah, I'd say a fury warrior fits.
    Shiny shiny epics. NO NO, look with your eyes, not with your hands.

Hmm, not really.

I raid as a healer, mainly because I have more control over whether we succeed or not compared to a DPS.

---------- Post added 2010-07-20 at 04:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jonfauscett View Post
    I am ill tempered, hot headed, and I CAN be violent so... yeah, I'd say a fury warrior fits.
    I have a short temper too, maybe that's why I'm fond of my new arms warrior, heh.

I think it's possible to argue either way, really.

My main is a Protection Warrior. One could say that this demonstrates that I tend toward being responsible, as being the MT of a guild is arguably one of the most important positions there is. But I can also look back and see the original reason I chose to tank as a Warrior: my first toon was a Warlock and I was really tired of being under appreciated by the guild I was in and wanted to play something that would undeniably prove I was doing a good job (this was back in Classic for Warrior tanking). Also I'm the last person in the world to utilize brute force, yet Warriors are the epitome of such an ideal.

So can I say that my class reflects my personality? Perhaps. But if it does it's a little more complicated than simply being "selfless."

Sorta.

I play a protection warrior. Have since vanilla. I love things to be my way, for me to lead and to go at my pace. Following all the time isn't really fun for me.. so yea in a sense that may be why I stuck with tanking for so long.

As far as a warrior.. not sure what association between my personality and the class I can make. Maybe because I like to do things a certain way and like to stand out from the crowd, I kind of fall into a warriors persona; The soldier doing what he needs to to get things done, protecting his allies and pushing forward when no one else will.

Maybe I'm off as far as the class association goes.. but tanking is definitely all me.

I'd have to say that my class reflects my personality well, I can do pretty much anything by myself but I do need to rely on others for things much bigger then myself. I'm talking about being a mage of course.

Troll Shaman healer because i like to be helpfull and usefull, as a DPS i just felt like another in the long line of DPS. but as a healer, i can feel like i was part of the group. and with bloodlust it makes it better, i feel like i contributed to the success.
    "They will come for us now, all of them" "Let them come, Frostmourne The Banshee Queen hungers."

i dunno... what would running around as a lazer chicken or tree mean personality wise?

Deleted
    No it doesnt. Im dk and in irl im not that agressive and stuff. I always try to pick to opposite of me in RPGs because that is the point imo, take another "role"

Quote Originally Posted by blahism View Post
    i dunno... what would running around as a lazer chicken...mean personality wise?
    That you are Chris Farley's personality implanted in a Terminator frame...with a newfound respect for nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    That you are Chris Farley's personality implanted in a Terminator frame...with a newfound respect for nature.
    astounding!

I play a rogue, so you're asking if I'm a homicidal, anti-social back-stabbing trickster with sticky fingers and a fondness of the dark? Yeah, pretty much. To be honest, I would say I fit the rogue model well. Not so much a blunt, in-your-face aggressive type, but someone who would prefer to think something out before jumping in. And if I had to play a dirty trick on someone to ensure I won (considering it was a life-or-death situation), you bet your ass I'd pull it.

And I love knives.

I tank of most of my toons that can, Warrior, Paladin, Druid, and Death Knight. The original reason I picked up tanking is to protect those near and dear to me as I do in real life, apparently I'm also really good at getting hit/damaged by random things, which I succeed in game with mobs, and IRL with random cut and bruises I don't remember getting. So I guess it reflects my personality and me being clumsy as well.

I dont really know if what class I pick really reflects me but I started out back in the day as a Hunter and then went to priest. I switch from h to p due to never being able to get into groups so priest felt like a great way to get into instances and I like that I have full control over death.

Tho now after my 2 year break from wow I'm starting again with a warrior. I always hated warriors that were to slow and didnt realize that some one could actually heal really quick. I want to set the pace and make the instance run fast and smooth.
    So I guess you could say I'm a control freak and thats why I play classes that give me more of a say than others

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I like the color pink- Im a Paladin, the Chosen class.
    Quote Originally Posted by ubergoose
    here is your rotation:
    face -> keyboard -> roll

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy being a moonkin, which is my main and raid spec.. But i dream of wacking stuff down with an axe or sword, which is weird, cause i simply can't get into playing melee..

But me as a person.. I'd say it reflects pretty well, in being a moonkin. I'd wield the powers of nature if i could.
    Sometimes I will log out in Roleplaying gear, so if my stats in the image below, seem ridicoulously low, then that's probably the reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    this banhammers gonna hit harder than puberty will hit justin bieber

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it does ... well, mainly my spec. I am a balance druid which was always about ... well balance. And since quite a time I do find balance as the most important thing in ones life. I do think that keeping things in balance in life is what leads to happiness.

My shaman walks on water, raises the dead, and summons 2 badass wolves that rip the shit out of anything I want them too. This represents me in every way possible.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    To prevent confusion over whether you’re playing a card game or returning to town, the Hearthstone will now be called a Homerock.

I heal because its easy to get groups..i'm a lazy person irl too

Quote Originally Posted by Sylore View Post
    My shaman walks on water, raises the dead, and summons 2 badass wolves that rip the shit out of anything I want them too. This represents me in every way possible.
    LOL classic. Also you shoot lightning out of your hands. Did you forget that?