Hunter vs. Mage in Catalysm

Okay here is the situation I have an 80 Hunter and an 80 Mage I like them equally the same in PVP as well as PVE. However come catalysm I want to focus on one only do to time restraints etc.. So I was curious has anyone in beta played them both and with the changes so far what class would you recomend come catalysm for me to focus on entirely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do what you think it fun and you think you'll enjoy more, if it doesn't work out then switch. For me I'm thinking of leveling my warrior tank first then shaman healer. Although I'm an awful person to listen too since I get bored easily and play way too many chars.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    -Nietzsche
    Vanilla WoW was a diamond in the rough. Burning Crusade cleared the rough away and polished that diamond up. During Lich King, that diamond cracked from being over polished and in Cataclysm that diamond was replaced with a cubic zirconia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mofoe View Post
    Okay here is the situation I have an 80 Hunter and an 80 Mage I like them equally the same in PVP as well as PVE. However come catalysm I want to focus on one only do to time restraints etc.. So I was curious has anyone in beta played them both and with the changes so far what class would you recomend come catalysm for me to focus on entirely.
    I had a 70 mage in BC and I've never levelled a hunter past 35 on live so you can take my opinion with a grain of salt. I made a pre made mage and hunter and I am liking the mage more, actually its my top tree fav classes to play in the beta atm. However it seems a lot of the talents that use pet synergy to gain focus for your character aren't yet working so its hard to say.

P.S. Fire spec is awesome. You throw out instant pyros like they are high fives. I'm sure the chance for this to proc will be nerfed a bit but atm its oh so much fun.

Well, hunter will certainly feel more like a 'new class' than mage in Cata, given the changes via resources.
    Personally I would pick based on what you would miss the least. :P

Or, alternatively, focus on both in separate venues. One in pvp, one in pve. Half time split between.
    You'll lose a bit of pvp strength due to not having pve gear available, but come Cata and longer battles/mana limitations, resilience may become even more critical than it is now.