Minimum graphics required for cataclysm

Im play wow on a fairly old pc atm i get 30fps in normal play but with the new effects in the game world i was wondering what ill need to play wow on my PC.

You can still turn them down.

They aren't adding anything new to the game, that can't be turned off. All they're adding is new water shaders, and possibly some fancier looking dungeons, but nothing a computer that can play WOTLK can't handle.

Okay and what kinda Pc will run wow on max?

Quote Originally Posted by Epic Slasher View Post
    Okay and what kinda Pc will run wow on max?
    max settings w/ shadows up will be EASIER to run than it is now, the water change isn't a big deal, the main thing is how much effort it takes to draw shadows in wow, which is something they are supposedly updating in cataclysm

any year old or less $500 computer can run wow on max settings fine. you can still run wow on minimum settings with a 10 year old computer and integrated graphics card, it's one of the least demanding games around in terms of graphics

not much will change except that you can turn shadows up. they're just not optimized now

any year old or less $500 computer can run wow on max settings fine.
    A 500$ (CPU/GPU/RAM/MB only) Computer can run anything in 25+ FPS and max details. PC-Graphic won't improve much, until the release of Playstation4 etc...

Quote Originally Posted by blizzardcashshop View Post
    max settings w/ shadows up will be EASIER to run than it is now, the water change isn't a big deal, the main thing is how much effort it takes to draw shadows in wow, which is something they are supposedly updating in cataclysm

any year old or less $500 computer can run wow on max settings fine. you can still run wow on minimum settings with a 10 year old computer and integrated graphics card, it's one of the least demanding games around in terms of graphics

not much will change except that you can turn shadows up. they're just not optimized now
    Wow is not so demanding graphic card wise but is more CPU demanding so a 10year old comp with some crap CPU will eventually run wow but with low settings and still having really low fps

Probably the same minimum specs as WOTLK seeing all of Azeroth is getting a makeover and will have graphics similar to Northrend

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    If your computer can't handle the sun beams and new water you can tone them down.

I've got a fairly bad pc, few years old and cost £400-£500, but it manages to run the Cataclysm beta on medium graphics and maintain a decent FPS level. If I want to play it with high graphics however, it does cause my FPS to drop by quite a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Over View Post
    Probably the same minimum specs as WOTLK seeing all of Azeroth is getting a makeover and will have graphics similar to Northrend

riiiiight.....the vast majority of areas still have the same terrain and textures from vanilla...with the few exceptions of additional features such as wotlk buildings...however i found on my friends pc that performance had improved in the old areas rather than decreased with the new additions...

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    riiiiight.....the vast majority of areas still have the same terrain and textures from vanilla...with the few exceptions of additional features such as wotlk buildings...however i found on my friends pc that performance had improved in the old areas rather than decreased with the new additions...
    Most of the areas in the Beta do seem to visually look more defined. The colour is richer, and it generally looks more appealing. I don't know how much this would really affect performance though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lori View Post
    A 500$ (CPU/GPU/RAM/MB only) Computer can run anything in 25+ FPS and max details. PC-Graphic won't improve much, until the release of Playstation4 etc...
    sigh. pc graphics are already better than any console, consoles when they're released are like a snapshot of the current state of computing technology, then is quickly surpassed by real computers.

K,question to tech pros:
    ive this PC, and i want to know if it`ll be able to run water and sunbeams and if gpu change will make difference.
    CPU:Intel Dual Core 2,6G 2mb s775
    RAM:2 gigs
    VGA:Asus GF9800GT PCIE 512MB
    Im running atm with ShadowQ on half, EnvDetail max,TextureResolution max,view distance almost max,players textures almost max,and everything else on about 75%.
    im running 60fps almost all the time, just AV with like 20 hordies and 20 allies(in 1 small place like pass to ally base) gets me down to 30-40...so question, is, shall i change my VGA?its mainly the same old GF8800 with some modifications...
    sorry for asking this kind of question just...curious.
    also, im still having WinXP,chaning to Win7 and getting 4 gigs would improve something?

Your rig looks pretty acceptable. Especially if you are getting 60 fps now.