Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    the forsaken could easily wipe out the entire horde and alliance now if they wanted to like they did at the wrathgate with the plague barrel killing off half the alliance and horde army at the scene in a matter of minutes.

i think so, that way i can kill a fat cow from behind! Then skin him!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grenvallion View Post
    the forsaken could easily wipe out the entire horde and alliance now if they wanted to like they did at the wrathgate with the plague barrel killing off half the alliance and horde army at the scene in a matter of minutes.
    Then why don't they?
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    Then why don't they?
    Made me laugh. The forsaken's numbers aren't anywhere as large as people are making them to be. I wish people would stop spreading false info. Also, the plagues at the wrathgate took a long time to maneufacture, and I doubt they have the resources to attempt such a massive scale.

Why the heck would you want to divide the Horde in two? I can see the Blood Elves joining with the Forsaken if they decided to leave, but the trolls? Even if they DID want to leave, why would they join the Forsaken? Loneliness?

Also, they'd most likely have to come up with new races for both factions to avoid QQ. Horde get ogres and...I dunno. What would the Forsaken get? Abominations? Mindless flesh puppets. Ghouls? Banshees? What armor would they wear? What weapons would they wield? What classes would they be? The Val'kyr are the closest I could see being a race.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wysard View Post
    Also, make a faction of fanatic fan boys and call them "The Clueless"
    That faction already exists, it's called: "The Hoorrrde"

plagur barrel at the wrathgate suggests they could decimate the horde and alliance now if they wanted to. "Quote" "death to the alliance and death to the living" and they killed off both armyies there and then with 1 plague barrel including 2 grat leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Splub View Post
    If they get rid of Forsaken as a Race they should replace them with Tuskarr.
    It would be interesting, but unfortunately Tuskarr are reported to die upon leaving Northrend in a Howling Fjord quest.

The Forsaken took advantage of a battle in which the Alliance, Horde, and scourge were all grouped up in one spot, attacking like cowards. Also, let's not forget that right AFTER the Forsaken ambushed the combined forces, the Red Dragonflight came by and just absolutely decimated them. Putress got away, but the rest were mostly crispy critters.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    While I personally would like to see some sort of 3rd faction implimented, there are too many issues.

As said above, there's 3 classes you could never have in a raid. Implimenting more classes to cover the holes is time consuming and game breaking.

How would BGs work?

Not as many people play Forsaken as all of the Alliance and all of the Horde. From a realistic standpoint, Sylvanas and her Forsaken wouldn't be around for very long once they left the Horde. With both the Alliance AND the Horde seeking to wipe them out, and seeing as the Forsaken numbers are already dwindling from the march on ICC, I don't think Sylvanas and her people could come out on top, having bested both other major factions. Right now stayin in the Horde until Sylvanas destroys all of the Alliance (with aid from the Horde) and THEN trying to kill off the Horde is the smartest thing for her.

Really, if a 3rd faction was going to implimented, without killing WoW, it would end up being something "neutral" where you permanently picked a side after level 10 or something.
    I agree with you. I think the 2 faction system is old and worn out, much like many MMO design choices still being used from 10+ years ago. However, you can't really shift WoW to a 3 faction system given the game's maturity.

If something were to change, it would involve a FFA type of system. It would immediately create world PvP in most of the higher level zones even if there are faction imbalances on the server. You'd also eliminate a majority of the bot'ing in the process since the same faction would be able to kill each other.

Maybe it doesn't perfectly fit the lore, but the gameplay and community would improve drastically.

Quote Originally Posted by Wysard View Post
    Two races from Draenor are quite enough, thanks.
    I hate do do this (read: I love to do this), but technically there is only one race from Draenor. The Draenei originated on the planet Argus.

Quote Originally Posted by dingobongo View Post
    The forsaken should never have been part of the horde in the first place. Drop forsaken, give us ogres.
    You sir, are awesome.

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering WCIII, Starcraft SCII all had at least 3 factions, it would be interesting to have a 3 faction MMO. Forsaken would certainly fit the bill. I'm sure it would heavily depending on how story arcs progress for things to make sense as well. Would forsaken be the Only faction in their faction? Would the forsaken have access to all classes and also all Models (considering they're raised dead).

It wouldn't be the first time it has been done though.
    Changes would have to be made to keep in line with Blizzard's new standard of all factions having access to everything (The Pally/Shaman faction crossing over of TBC for example).

One HUGE shortcoming though, is what do you do with everyone who is already forsaken? would you have the option for free race change? how will you handle guilds that already have friends, family etc. in the guild that are forsaken.

IMO it is too late to actually do this in the game's current form, as cool as it could have been if it was done this way from the start, it would just be too much of a nightmare to implement after the fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RakuRaku View Post
    Made me laugh. The forsaken's numbers aren't anywhere as large as people are making them to be. I wish people would stop spreading false info. Also, the plagues at the wrathgate took a long time to maneufacture, and I doubt they have the resources to attempt such a massive scale.
    I agree. There's not enough Forsaken left to challenge both the Horde and the Alliance not have it be the dumbest action Sylvanas could ever take.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

what are youre views on blizz giving the undead their own faction in due time? and leaving the horde who they dont really need as their allies. and give new forsaken races like the abomanations and new forsakeny classes and buffs
    Lorewise, the Forsaken never fit the Horde. IMO, the Horde should be Orcs, Taurens, Trolls, Ogres and Goblins only. But, gameplay wise, a Forsaken-only faction would be weak. To play an Undead is not so awesome when you are being ganked by both the Horde and the Alliance on daily basis.

---------- Post added 2010-07-20 at 07:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofit View Post
    Considering WCIII, Starcraft SCII all had at least 3 factions...
    WCIII had 4 factions. The Alliance is the union of the Human nations + Ironforge only. The Night Elves were their own faction.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Frosty View Post
    No. They already said they can't do this.
    Its not that they can't, its that they don't want to...

plenty of games have had 3 factions, heck, even everquest 2 had exile which was a ffa faction (you could attack good/evil/exiles). I think if SOE can get that right, Blizzard should have no problem doing it as well.

but adding another faction means more work that they would otherwise not have to do. they'd need to make new quests redo some zones for the new factions, balance, and blah blah blah. then people who play UD with their guilds would be split up and it would just be a mess.

so, COULD they? yes... would they? no
    "Always wash your berries before you eat them...And fly towards the sun!"

Really what is going to prob happen is Garrosh is going to get the Horde to split up but they have to stick together or be crushed by the Alliance. And right before Garrosh is going to get executed by Slyvannus good Ol' Thrall is gonna step in, save the day and reunite the Horde...and 5.0 will come out. Yep, I just ruined Cata for you, have a great day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Harvan View Post
    They'd have to have gnomes as well, they're pretty vile and VERY detestable.
    Yes, it is true that the gnomes are abhorrent for many people, but the fact that they are very vile is "controversial" ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adalwolf View Post
    Lorewise, the Forsaken never fit the Horde. IMO, the Horde should be Orcs, Taurens, Trolls, Ogres and Goblins only. But, gameplay wise, a Forsaken-only faction would be weak. To play an Undead is not so awesome when you are being ganked by both the Horde and the Alliance on daily basis.

---------- Post added 2010-07-20 at 07:29 PM ----------

WCIII had 4 factions. The Alliance is the union of the Human nations + Ironforge only. The Night Elves were their own faction.
    I know this.. hence why i said "At least 3" indicating a minimum, while not all games had only 3, some had more.

There won't be a third faction.

But it could happen in Warcraft 4.