Thread: Ele leveling

Ele leveling

is not bad.
    I went 10-50 enhance. I got bored of it, decided to try ele/resto.
    Honestly, its the most fun I've had leveling that damn shaman.

in Dungeon Finder I usually top DPS charts while hardly ever needing to pause for mana with CL/LB spam.
    While leveling, its very easy. Give me two to three crits and mobs are done.

I parked my shaman in SW till Cata (maybe....or maybe I will have another 80 to get to 85 ;] ), but I do have to say give Ele a shot for those of you who are sick of enhance.
    I tried enhance right when I got to northrend, did a few quests, but honestly...I had more fun with my LB spam and seeing big numbers :] Granted Im still at 68 and havent been on that alt for a week or two, but its still fun. Try it. I'd never imagine going back from Ele, and its my first real caster

My shaman is Enh right now and I was thinking about going Ele (Level 41) Do ya think that the cloth heirlooms (All I've got ) will be fine? I know spirit blows, but I'd assume it's better than nothing.

Deleted
    Go enh 1-75, ele 75-80.

I'm not kidding.

Everyone has theire own views on what spec to lvl and when to change.

Both dps specs are good for leveling atm.

The reason alot of ppl switch to Elemental at 75 is because you get lavaburst and weave it into your rotation for pretty powerful dps.

It used to suck hard leveling as Elemental pre "random dungeon" mostly due to the fact that in vanilla shamans were 99% healers and thers no gear thats well itemized until you hit outlands, but now since we have the bag at the end of every random dungeon you run elemental is more than viable. the only down side is that your "rotation" will be mindnumbingly booring (Lighning bolt machingun).

Quote Originally Posted by Antuzin View Post
    My shaman is Enh right now and I was thinking about going Ele (Level 41) Do ya think that the cloth heirlooms (All I've got ) will be fine? I know spirit blows, but I'd assume it's better than nothing.
    Yeah you will be fine with the cloth items the mp5 from mail items is barely noticable anyways.
    Sometimes you just have to stop healing some people to prove a point, if they don't listen, it's really their own fault :P

Leveling enh is best because with spirit wolfs (+hero) you can solo almost every group quest there is.

Plus downtime is close to zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Kekk View Post
    Leveling enh is best because with spirit wolfs (+hero) you can solo almost every group quest there is.

...saaaame with ele and rock ele if you fancy popping it, never had a problem soloing stuff, everything but a few quests in icecrown which required tanks =(

But apart from that they both don't take each other much. One makes big crits to plow down enemies (like balance druid levelling) and the other mostly bursts them down with windfury procs and fast melee attacks overall. (like rogue..only that enh has much much bigger crits while levelling).

Ele is probably fun, but for most efficient solo(!) experience enh is best for shaman levelling
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

back in the days (end of TBC) I leveled my Shaman as Enhancement 'till Outlands. Changed to Restoration at 60 to get groups for dungeons easily (no dungeon finder in that time) and around lvl 67 changed to Elemental and never looked back.

Bottom line is, like ppl say, to lvl Enhancement is the best choice, no downtime, mobs die pretty quick, no stress. The moment you start to get good gear, middle Outlands 'till Northrend, if you like Elemental don't look back, is pretty fun
    Navarasa Forsaken Priest lvl 85 @ Spinebreaker [EU] - inactive

Try ele with specced and glyphed Fire Nova and Glyph of Stoneclaw Totem. Put down stoneclaw, pull a few mobs (6 at least) together, put down Searing or Magma Totem, party: Fire Nova, filler, Fire Nova, filler, Fire Nova, filler... filler can be anything useful, Chain Lighting, Lighting Bolt, Lesser Healing Wave etc... Mobs go down in a few seconds and you barely use any mana due to lots of clearcasting procs. Combine with 2 spellpower trinkets and you win.

Who the hell said that ele is bad for leveling anyway?

most shaman level enchancment and never even give ele a chance honestly elemental is more fun. less stressful rotation. the sheild caster combo works well with alot better survivability. the big reason i would say people like enhchance is they feel melee is more fun. but...the crits arent there the big damage isnt there and just like most 2 handed classes your relying on a bunch of smaller hits to equal 1 bigger hit except ur no rogue and ur finishers arent as hard.

i orignially was gonna make an enchance shaman but i found ele so impressive i actually rerolled from my paladin. so if someone saying they rerolled from the most popular class in the game for an ele shaman isnt enough to say ele is better theres something ur not getting.