Deleted

Mage Crit Bonus?

I've been looking at the new talents for Mages, and others, but mostly the Mage talents. I've noticed that the crit bonus is gone from the trees, how come they are gone? Considering shamans get their 100% extra crit damage by choosing elemental.

Fire still has ignite, so it'll still have bigger crits. I think they might just make the crit bonuses baseline.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you see at the "bonuses" you gain when you got 31 point in a tree which means you have maxed out mastery in that tree, fire has ignite and spell crit. Which should mean fire gets more crit when you spec into it. Arcane and frost is getting their "cool" bonuses and spell haste.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallto View Post
    If you see at the "bonuses" you gain when you got 31 point in a tree which means you have maxed out mastery in that tree, fire has ignite and spell crit. Which should mean fire gets more crit when you spec into it. Arcane and frost is getting their "cool" bonuses and spell haste.
    umm, that was replaced a long time ago. all specs now gain +20% school damage, +1 spec defining spell, and the 3rd tier mastery.
    BfA Beta Time

Pure casters (no healing/melee specs) are getting their Crit Bonus Increase passively, without speccing into it. The reason Elemenetal has a baseline bonus is to prevent Enhance and Resto Shammies from doing awesome elemental crits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

Go arcane, stack haste and pew pew, although im thinking fire will be the primary spec in cata.

Deleted
    Well thanks guys :P

Ok so here's my question about the new frost.

"Deathfrost: Casting Frostbolt places a buff on the mage that increases the damage for all frost, fire, and arcane spells. The only damage spell that won't be affected by this buff is Frostbolt."

That's ok I guess but my question comes from the next part.

"Deathfrost
    The reason behind Deathfrost (Frost mastery) isn.t to get Frost to spam Frostbolt more. It.s to get mages to spam Frostbolt less. If you hit nothing but Frostbolt, you.re wasting the Deathfrost bonus."

So they don't want us just to spam frostbolt but the way it is aren't we just going to switch from frostbolt to frostfire? We would get all the buffs and not really worry about resist.

Assuming you're frost spec then frostbolt will be your main spell because it will do the most damage most of the time, when deathfrost procs FFB will do the most damage so you cast that, use up the charge then switch back to the rotation.