Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Anybody else disappointed by the new "exciting" talents?

I don't mind that they are streamlining things a bit... but, after all the hype about them being exciting and what not I was very disappointed by the boring shit they left for talents.

To reiterate: I don't mind the idea of fewer talents. I just get the feeling that this was all done on April 1st.. and they took all the good talents out and left the majority of crappy ones. Sure, the trees still ensure differentiation, but color me unimpressed with making them exciting.

Yeah, I can't believe it's the finished product on their first pass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just keep hoping the change it, just hope for something good or at least for them to revert it since the current talent trees are perfect (to me at least).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BagOfChips View Post
    Yeah, I can't believe it's the finished product on their first pass.
    ^ this
    Prot for life!

Really, threads like these are why this forum needs an ignore function like the official forums.

It's a beta... The talents have only gotten 1 or 2 passes... Stop complaining about stuff that is going to change.

The only thing I like about the change are the skills you get at level 10.

Deleted
    don't complain, in these trees you atleast have a few extra talents that you choose where to place, unlike now where you have to have that one optimal specc or you'll suck.

honestly, speccs nowadays could just be removed, noone makes their own besides from the like, 100 people who make the speccs at elitistjerks, they could implements a system that just lets you pick a talent tree and the game will do it for you, it'd save us the effort of going to elitistjerks and copying those speccs.

Quote Originally Posted by lilsaint View Post
    It's a beta... The talents have only gotten 1 or 2 passes... Stop complaining about stuff that is going to change.
    Mmm, I thought that a blue stated they were the finished product? (On those that had been completed) Perhaps they were wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy and Disc for priests has me excited, but Shadow is just...

Yeah, all I can say, like others have already said, is that the trees are going to change. Especially since they just changed it to this new 41 point system, they laid down the groundwork and now they're gonna start building on it.

Nope, not disappointed in the least.
    A true Patriot fights for their country, not for their government.

Quote Originally Posted by marojo60 View Post
    don't complain, in these trees you atleast have a few extra talents that you choose where to place, unlike now where you have to have that one optimal specc or you'll suck.

honestly, speccs nowadays could just be removed, noone makes their own besides from the like, 100 people who make the speccs at elitistjerks, they could implements a system that just lets you pick a talent tree and the game will do it for you, it'd save us the effort of going to elitistjerks and copying those speccs.
    In quite a few there is a little wiggle room... which is why my talents are a few points different. I'm not complaining about that. And, the new talent tree wont change that.

What we are actually discussing is that it appears lackluster so far (after promises of new and exciting things). Not whether one spec is optimal or not (news flash: There will absolutely be one optimal spec in Cata, just like now).

I'm usually not a huge fan of the "they will make it better, shut up" lines (since what we see now is certainly an indication of Blizz's design goals and where they're headed), but in this case, it feels like something Blizz spat out just to appease the community. It's obvious, all over the trees, that this is little more than a very rough draft.

We can complain more when they get a couple more updates.
    Still waiting on the skillscore addon ...

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    Nope, not disappointed in the least.
    Fair enough. So you feel that they cut out the extra talents and only left your class with the exciting ones? btw, what class do you play most?

He is not disappointed because these talents are not the final product. Beyond that, they are a rough pass. Hell half the classes have gotten little to nothing new.
    Stuff is clearly going to change.
    Yes I was expecting better tree, yes I am disappointed, but I got over it.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Drmorte View Post
    Mmm, I thought that a blue stated they were the finished product? (On those that had been completed) Perhaps they were wrong.
    No, you are wrong. Very much so.

Expect nothing...and you'll never be dissapointed!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zzeke View Post
    Holy and Disc for priests has me excited
    I agree. As far as "exciting" talents go, I'm really looking forward to playing with Archangel, Chakra, and most of all Power Word: Barrier. The Holy/Disc trees are rather exciting even in a first pass (though of course I would like to see them go further, which I am sure they will).

I also play a prot paladin as an alt, so looking at the first pass on the protection tree is equally exciting - I'm eager to see how talents such as Hallowed Ground (I always hated the mana-drain of consecrating as part of rotation maintainance) and Improved Crusader Strike will have an effect on the protection playstyle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, Blizzard is bound to tweak it a bit. Otherwise, don't stone me here, I'm excited for the new talents... looks awesome, and with stats being tweaked too, hopefully it will result in more fun, less burst-race in PvP... that's just me, though.