Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ammikaameri View Post
    I'm really happy with the changes, this is the way they should always have been.

You seem to find it hard to accept that they are not even near to being finished, as blizzard has said. They just released them to test the new talent interface.
    Not really... it doesn't matter whether they are near finished or not. My reference being:

"A Cataclysm goal is to remove lame or boring talents. Yet we don't want to replace all of those with procs or game-changers. Really the only solution is to have smaller trees where nearly every remaining talent is a big deal."

I don't feel like they fulfilled that and I see just as many boring talents today as before. First pass or last, the current set of talents doesn't appear like it should have made it as far as it did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drmorte View Post
    Mmm, I thought that a blue stated they were the finished product? (On those that had been completed) Perhaps they were wrong.
    They said in a Blue post not too long ago (the twitter) that all of them have a ways to go.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lilsaint View Post
    It's a beta... The talents have only gotten 1 or 2 passes... Stop complaining about stuff that is going to change.
    This, except this is only the FIRST pass

They aren't getting rid of the old talents and bonuses they are being folded in.

This is the FIRST pass.

They will see what works and what doesn't and build up and change up. Most of the classes don't have of their new pieces in yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BagOfChips View Post
    Yeah, I can't believe it's the finished product on their first pass.
    I know, right!
    Last edited by Krekko; 2010-07-20 at 09:19 PM.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

I like that level 10s get the level 60 attacks/spells

Exciting talents my ass. Like suddenly having -20% str is exciting. mandatory talents are being replace by other mandatory talents implemented in place of current ones. Nothing changes.

I so hope that there will be more than 1 way of spending talent points by the time Cataclysm goes live cause right now it looks as dull as 3.3.3

credits: Supernerd

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimsdott View Post
    Exciting talents my ass. Like suddenly having -20% str is exciting. mandatory talents are being replace by other mandatory talents implemented in place of current ones. Nothing changes.

I so hope that there will be more than 1 way of spending talent points by the time Cataclysm goes live cause right now it looks as dull as 3.3.3
    Hmm i think you mean Imp Berserker Stance yeah fury warr lost it but they get "Fury in the blood" a flat 10% dmg increase and with mastery evenmore so maybe it will do the job for the -20% str , but hey it is still beta don't forget that

I'm disappointed by the decision all together. I like the diversity of specs between people (pvp). This "design" seems to really remove the decision making. "Seems" i mean.

That's my conclusion thus far, just like a beta: it's my current version of my conclusion

Jinx
    Hurm, AoE Curse of Elements, interesting.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Drmorte View Post
    Not really... it doesn't matter whether they are near finished or not. My reference being:

"A Cataclysm goal is to remove lame or boring talents. Yet we don't want to replace all of those with procs or game-changers. Really the only solution is to have smaller trees where nearly every remaining talent is a big deal."

I don't feel like they fulfilled that and I see just as many boring talents today as before. First pass or last, the current set of talents doesn't appear like it should have made it as far as it did.
    I don't. In the current Arms warrior tree, I'll count how many boring talents I see.
    Current:15. This is only counting single effect talents, such as increaseY by X%. (Such as Improved Charge and Imp OP.)
    Cataclysm: 2. Those are (And I counted them in the current) Imp. rend and endless rage. (Both good talents, but kind of boring.)

What boring talents do you see when comparing it to the current tree?
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BagOfChips View Post
    Yeah, I can't believe it's the finished product on their first pass.
    Yeah, right? So many changes I had hoped for! But now that it's set in stones, what can we do?!
    The goblin warrior, Gallywix!
    "And the Heavens shall tremble!"

My name is Kenneth044, and I'm an altoholic!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowysaint View Post
    I'm disappointed by the decision all together. I like the diversity of specs between people (pvp). This "design" seems to really remove the decision making. "Seems" i mean.

That's my conclusion thus far, just like a beta: it's my current version of my conclusion
    I have found 3 (Possibly 4) very viable specs for warrior tanks. I don't know how to link it though, but one is 8/0/33, the second is 0/8/33 and the third is 2/7/32. I'm sure that other people that are much more knowledgeable about tanks can think of a few more.

Today however, there really is only one spec. Any other spec is "scrub". If you are not X spec for raiding, then you are not the proper spec. In todays azeroth, there is no diversity in specs. With the new specs, theres a bit more diversity because there are no pure +damage talents, only "fun" proc or increased effect talents.
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

Looking at the new Ret tree has me mourning that Worgen cannot be paladins anew.

They can't all be exciting talents. No matter what Blizz says, there will always be filler talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimsdott View Post

They said that those boring static bonuses will be implemented into your character somehow. Even if they don't, don't cry over it. (Not meaning to be rude). If blizzard does lower your strength by 20%, then they will increase your dps in other ways. You won't be a dead spec because blizzard is trying to make all specs viable, and seeing 20% less str on your stat menu isn't going to hurt you either.

I love beeing able to just check out a talent tree and see right away how a cookie cutter build might look like.

One might say the elitist jerks will be unemployed if this gos live.

What I also love is how some trees come up with an intriguing choice once you spend 20 or so points. Probably there will be theory around how to make them, but it's nice they don't feel like "You ****ing noob did not spec into omfg lol". There won't be really bad specs that often.

But elitists rejoice, we can still gem horribly and put spirit on hunters and maaaany more^^

so far i checked out pally & lock trees. i must say, pally trees look pretty good. BUT lock trees are still terrible, at least destro is imo. seriously, destro is f**king terrible atm..

I play Beta Card

I cant make an amusing Ret spec w/o being in 38pts....maybe I should read em all 9000x

10+ Year Old Account
    Quit ur QQ, this is jes' beta and every last one of the talents are going to be completely and utterly revamped so you may as well not look at them until Cataclysm is released because they in no way resemble what the finished product will look like at all.

/sarcasm off

Although I do quite like the Prot Paladin tree atm.
    Last edited by Frumpy Frumpy Frak; 2010-07-21 at 06:36 AM.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

15+ Year Old Account
    I like the 31 point trees because they took away a lot of the pointless passive talents. Now no matter where i put the talent point, its going to be a good decision, and i like making good decisions. I like that the activation of spec gives you a few abilities right off the bat. Instantly allowed to use mutialte as a rogue, dual weild as a shaman, ect. I have nothing bad to say about the current talent changes