battle.net worst ever?

I have been reading some insider reports about how many problems blizzard have been having with Battle.net. I have to say that seeing them have to extend maintenance every week when they even look at the Battle.net servers, makes me think its all true.

These people that extend maintenance when anyone goes near there system, who wanted to put our Real names on our forum accounts, have to be the biggest joke inside Blizzard. Everything I have read from outside publications point to them being mildly retarded at best.

Anyone have any good stories or thoughts about how bad Battle.net is.
    e.g. Authenticators getting hacked, Random account lockouts...

I know maintenance has always had issues in the past, but they were real problems. Router network issues, accidental coding getting worked in. When battle.net came out we have had 10 fold the number of extended maintenance's and random server shutdowns.

Just my 2 cents.

Flame on.

I quit wow about 4 months after it was released, didn't have the funds at the time to keep up with it until I got a real job. When I reactivated my account around the time 40m Naxx was released, my 52 warrior on Bloodhoof was deleted. I contacted blizzard and they said that he was "lost."
    Ended up making a hunter that I raided with until BC came out.
    How do you lose a toon? lol

Yes, I know that wasn't bnet but I haven't had any real problems with Blizzard/Battle.net other then the vanishing act of my first toon. :P