Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Blizzard Deleting Evidence of Maintaince

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/26137...ce-07-20-2010/

See that thread above?

I just watched moments ago as the thread was deleted from the Service Status section of their forums seen here:
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/bo...?forumId=11113

If you'll notice now there is no post about Scheduled maintenance anymore for this week..
    WTF

Oh god they are the worse.

There is really no need to keep that thread, it's easier to delete that thread and then create this one here: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...68754334&sid=1

Don't worry, I've already got the Feds on the line. Blizzard won't get away with obscuring the Truthiness of the situation.

EDIT: Inserted needed capitalization.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2010-07-20 at 09:02 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    No,
    The just removed evidence that they pushed back maintenance time by 7 hours. Or pushed it back 7 times, soon to be 8.

You're a moron.

Oh god, I always knew this day would come.
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Outland&n=enbee
    -> I might be logged out in protpvpgear

Yeah...they erased all the 1+ hour, 1+ hour, 1+ hour, 1+ hour because they know how bad it looks on their part. To be honest, I've been dealing with Tuesday maintenance since release and I'm starting to wonder what exactly they are doing. What exactly is the process going on over there? Is it Blizzards people, or someone else? Why haven't they lost their jobs?

Back on topic:
    Authentication maintenance is still being performed and we're working to bring realms undergoing normal maintenance back online as soon as possible. We anticipate this process will be complete and that those realms will be live and playable by approximately 3:00 PM PDT.
    I really do feel that Tuesdays just shouldn't count on billing.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    DERRRRRRRRRRRRP

Thread fails. 0 / 10. May God have mercy on your soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Orno View Post
    Yeah...they erased all the 1+ hour, 1+ hour, 1+ hour, 1+ hour because they know how bad it looks on their part. To be honest, I've been dealing with Tuesday maintenance since release and I'm starting to wonder what exactly they are doing. What exactly is the process going on over there? Is it Blizzards people, or someone else? Why haven't they lost their jobs?

Back on topic:

Or perhaps they got rid of them because having five posts that all say almost the same thing would be very confusing to look at and get useful information from, as opposed to one post that has current info.

This should help you understand: Tuesday maintenance - when they aren't doing additional work, as they are today with login servers - is the weekly server cleanup. It involves cleaning out the server cache and completely restarting the entire system. Once they've restarted it, the IT techs go in and pour over the files to make sure everything has been rolled back and reset every week without any files becoming corrupted, which occasionally does happen, something true for pretty much any computer system on the planet. Checking the files takes a long time, but doing that, and reseting the servers, is essential. Without doing that - if instead WoW simply did a 15 minute weekly reboot - the servers would start to become sloggy as shit, and would barely run anymore.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2010-07-20 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orno View Post

Back on topic:

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! It doesn't.

Also that breaking news post on the login screen can probably only hold so much, so they trimmed it down a bit.

*Puts on tinfoilhat and hides*
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

Along with the missing thread (that has now been recreated to say 3:00PM) I find it convenient that it's the authentication system that is the issue. Nobody can log into the forums to start a flame war, which is what Blizzard was trying to quell with the RealID thing that they repealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagannn View Post
    Along with the missing thread (that has now been recreated to say 3:00PM) I find it convenient that it's the authentication system that is the issue. Nobody can log into the forums to start a flame war, which is what Blizzard was trying to quell with the RealID thing that they repealed.

Everytime there are problems like this the offical forums mysteriously go down also. I'm sure there is no connection...

It probably is true that they deleted the thread so people couldn't refer to it when asking for a refund..

I see 4 realms online now.. we'll see if its just them testing authentication here in a minute