Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    I know, it just was fitting for a quote.
    True enough

Quote Originally Posted by lolmageddon View Post
    When did that happen?
    If you'll remember, you clear Halls of Stone and Brann says he'll use the machine to make reinforcements.

10+ Year Old Account
    where'd you hear about Garrosh's glove being a tribute to blackhand

Quote Originally Posted by Kagetsuya View Post
    Let's review Varian's resource deposits.
    Northshire Mine - Kobolds
    Janglelobe or w/e - Kobolds
    Fargledeep or w/e - Kobolds
    Farshire Mine - Undead
    Deadmines - Defias
    Eastvale - Murlocs, Wolves, Bears, Defias
    Redridge Cave (could be mined) - Orcs
    At first, I read this like these mines could be mined for Kobolds. I lol'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a city on the back of a roaming colossus
    The Human civilization works much the way america does. Everything must be contracted and paid for, then subcontracted and paid for again, working through levels of beaurocracy till shit gets done.

The horde, on the other hand, functions as a war machine, with decisions made at the top and the order carried down immediately to grunts that begin working at once. It seems to me that orcs aren't paid, but guaranteed living through their own work for the greater good of the horde, but that's another story.

This results in horde quickly establishing bases, while humans take awhile to build. I think a couple content patches in, battlements might start popping up around alliance encampments.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    where'd you hear about Garrosh's glove being a tribute to blackhand
    Some things might not need to be explicitly stated, you know.

Really in Vanilla Alliance held a lot more territory and had a lot more quests available. Looking at the Loremaster achieve ally has 200+ quests beyond the horde requirement. Some of this huge Horde expansion is to even that out a little more.

The costs of war aren't simply in constructing bases, there are so many other things that can eat up money. Providing income for the troops and families as well as suppling them on the multiple fronts that they're facing. There could also be the fact out there that this war is also occuring in Northrend and even Outland although it's something we wouldn't necessarily get to see due to time constraints and the abilities of blizzard.

A major factor we have to consider is that orcs are bred to grow fast, strong and work their asses off. Alliance are just regular blokes with a larger ambition other than war and construction.

Right now we're only seeing the beta and I'm hoping that there's still a lot of changes to be had by the time the game is ready for release. Maybe by then when they have the final zones completed and updated we'll see other reasons to explain why SW is going bankrupt from war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalserrar View Post
    Some things might not need to be explicitly stated, you know.
    well yea I realize that, but his glove being a tribute to blackhand is quite a stretch without ANY evidence at all

Quote Originally Posted by dingolicious View Post
    varian hasn't been doing his dailies i guess.

this!

GUYS GUYS GUYS ITS OK.

Once the cataclysm book is released the lore will make sense!
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

It's probably mostly the inherent nature of Humans that's leading to this. Humans don't like being subjugated, and they'll leave to find something better. The Orcs have Peons, which are basically too dumb to dislike their treatment, and do little but follow orders and try to slack off when not watched.

So, the Orcs probably are in just about the same state that the Humans are in, but they have more willing workers, instead of workers who will riot due to their treatment, and unwittingly join the very force that caused the problem to begin with. Sure, the war in Northrend and the ensuing war after the Cataclysm is draining a lot of resources, but if the Defias hadn't taken over Westfall, Stormwind's food production wouldn't have been drastically hit.

What does Westfall's food production have to do with the resources lost due to the war in Northrend? Well, when Westfall's production was lost, they had to draw men from some other area to produce the food somehow. Or buy it. They still needed the food, after all. So, if they hadn't lost resources and manpower due to stabilizing the loss of Westfall, Stormwind would've been a lot better off. So, like just about every other problem Stormwind's had besides, it all comes back to Onyxia's meddling. Which should give them the perfect reason if they didn't already have it to wipe out the Black Dragonflight.

Deleted
    Since when has the game reflected 100% lore?

10+ Year Old Account
    Kalserrar where was this evidence, if any that Garrosh's Ebon Glove was a tribute to Blackhand the Destroyer