Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Many people don't realize how much loot will be given per boss as far as we know. The way it looks right now 10 man raids will drop 2 pieces of loot per boss. Now since blizzard wants 25 mans to be more rewarding that means it will have to drop a higher percentage of loot per boss.

10 mans: 1/5 or 2 pieces
    25 mans: 1/5 or 5 pieces
    ^ This would mean the drop ratio is the same and since having 6 pieces drop per boss does not seem that much of an increase in the ratio 24% (6/25) compared to 20% (5/25) it is more likely to be around 7 pieces of loot per boss.

What does this mean? It means that either A) A LOT of the same loot will drop or B) The loot table will be a lot larger than it is now.
    IF the table is increased that would make it very hard to get a certain item from a boss in 10 mans.
    IF the same loot drops a lot in 25 man raids Blizzard might make some of the bosses share the same loot like it was in Naxxrammas.

No matter what happens, I believe Blizzard will find a very good balance between the two to keep people running 25 mans.

Quote Originally Posted by tirarter View Post
    like lets say your guild runs 25 mans and a raid has 10 bosses. on tuesday you kill 4 bosses. wed on 20 people show up so you split into 2 10 mans. group A kills bosses 5-7 and group B kills bosses 5-9. on thursday 25 show up again, you can reform teh 25 man but using the group who killed more bosses. hence 1 boss left.

that is my understanding
    Or those groups could be separated and both could clear the 10 man mode by themselves recieving the same benefits and not missing out on certain bosses like your plan states.

Making your point null. Once again, 25-mans are going to be completely unnecessary unless there is some benefit from it. The "more loot" concept will pretty much scale exactly how 10 mans do now. There will be enough loot for 1/5 of the group. So either 2 people or 5 people per boss will get loot.
    2 10-Man Raid lockouts with 10 bosses = 40 Loots
    1 25-Man Raid lockout with 10 bosses = 50 Loots
    The difference isn't big enough if you ask me. Just not worth it
    Last edited by Archimon; 2010-07-20 at 10:19 PM.

10's on alts to learn the fights on an off night, and 25's on your main for guild raid

i'm quite a fan of this idea that they have the same loot, less drama/lag/drama in a 10 man group and they seem more relaxed yet still all of the same boss fights

Quote Originally Posted by NoWai View Post
    The only part I don't like about it is that they share the same lockout. Once you clear the raid the rest of the week will just seem a bit stale.
    There's always an alt :P I got pretty tired of ToC running it 4 times a week on my main.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimon View Post
    Or those groups could be separated and both could clear the 10 man mode by themselves recieving the same benefits and not missing out on certain bosses like your plan states.

Making your point null. Once again, 25-mans are going to be completely unnecessary unless there is some benefit from it. The "more loot" concept will pretty much scale exactly how 10 mans do now. There will be enough loot for 1/5 of the group. So either 2 people or 5 people per boss will get loot.
    2 10-Man Raid lockouts with 10 bosses = 40 Loots
    1 25-Man Raid lockout with 10 bosses = 50 Loots
    The difference isn't big enough if you ask me. Just not worth it
    I would expect Blizzard to change the tables a little bit. I agree that the current implementation isn't going to work.

I think what you'll eventually see is the same set tokens dropping from both 10s and 25s, but unique items like rings, trinkets or maybe weapons will be better in 25s. Just my opinion. I wouldn't waste my time putting together 25 people for the same rewards that are in the 10.

Guild drama is one of the most frustrating and worst parts of WoW, so there has to be some benefit to putting up with it. I've found that most large guilds (40+ back in the day and now 25+) basically boil down to a set of clicks that are only drawn to each other for raiding. If you can get raiding down to either a couple of clicks or one big group of friends and get the same rewards, that would be ideal.
    Last edited by Eyeball2452; 2010-07-20 at 11:43 PM.