Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalserrar View Post
    It isn't. Click the link.
    The cover for Chronicles of War looks.... amazing!

Though, shouldn't Grom and his grunts be red-skinned instead of green-skinned? They have the glowing eyes, and are all bathed in nelf blood, standing on a defiled Darnassus banner, which most likely represents their victory over Cenarius.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

15+ Year Old Account
    According to the product description on Amazon, it's a collection of four original novels that chronicle key conflicts in Warcraft's history, which means that it should contain four completely new stories, not a collection of old ones.

The Invasion of Kalimdor is clearly going to be featured, based on the cover.

As for the other three stories, who knows. The Scourge-side of the Third War has been covered, and so has Warcraft II. That only really leaves Warcraft I, the Legion-side of the Third War, and historic conflicts like the Troll Wars or the War of the Shifting Sands.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post

Though, shouldn't Grom and his grunts be red-skinned instead of green-skinned? They have the glowing eyes, and are all bathed in nelf blood, standing on a defiled Darnassus banner, which most likely represents their victory over Cenarius.
    The red skin might be retconned, I guess. The way fel corruption is presently depicted in WoW is that if an orc's skin turns green, it's permanent, and if they become a fel orc, that's permanent.

If that's not the case, then the conflict with the night elves would have to have gone on a lot longer than depicted in WC3, as in the artwork he's clearly been fighting them for long enough to be wearing their heads as trophies.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2010-07-21 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post

The Warsong did fight the Nelf's before they drank from the Fountain. That Might be what's depicted? I see no evidents of Cenarious him self in the Cover.

Although on topic, that book might be the first WoW related book I ever buy, it just seems really interesting.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Sounds very much to me like the Alliance where the initial aggressors but weren't ready for the hurt the Horde brought down on them, suffering some major reversals.
    That would be better in some ways....but does contradict some of what we knwo fromt eh cat story.

EJL

This book better not turn out to be, "Thrall sets out to save the world, while the Alliance are big meanie heads and attack the Horde who have done absolutely nothing wrong for the past nine years. We promise :<"
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

Seems like this will be a good read. I love the cover for it.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    This book better not turn out to be, "Thrall sets out to save the world, while the Alliance are big meanie heads and attack the Horde who have done absolutely nothing wrong for the past nine years. We promise :<"
    Correction, it better turn out that way :P

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Golden's fairer than that. She's got a track record of portraying both Alliance and Horde sympathetically, and even the undeniable villains have some sympathetic moments (not many, but some). I doubt she's going to detail one side as being a clear aggressor, rather, odds are things will just come to a head on both factions once the resource war breaks out.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    YESS!!!!!!!!!! It's not knaak!!!!

Deleted
    Great news! I love her books since they are actually readable and understandable. The books of Knaak are written in such a way, that I have a hard time understanding it.

I am from the Netherlands and me English is great, but I really hate the writing style of Knaak. It sucks balls! (IMO).