Thread: Battle.net woes

Battle.net woes

I'm just a weee little bit worried that blizz has no freaking clue how to manage its battle.net concept. Its painfully obvious they're having authentication issues because they're gearing up for SCII release this week and its disappointing that such issues are having a large impact on WoW... i can't imagine what the problems will be like when SCII, WoW and D2 are using all Bnet. They may as well shutdown for 24 hours on tuesdays at this rate.

yes, sorry, another topic on this, but i wanted to distinguish my concerns from just ranting about extended maint. i think there is a larger problem lurking

XBL, PSN, Steam and even my lowly ol' LOTRO and free to play DND have never been this.. erratic.. XBL is pushing 22 million subscribers and i can count on one hand how many times it was down over the past year and the one day they went 3 hours over maint they updated xbox.com with an apology letter!

i'm done. k thx, good luck blizzard on your battle.net vision. hope you don't blow it.

Battle.net is actually a cool feature, despite Blizzard waiting until the final weeks before SCII to start getting their crap straight. They could have easily started maintenance an hour earlier for the past couple months and worked out everything by now, instead of screwing everyone for one day.
    Former raider of Accession [US-Stormreaver]

Quote Originally Posted by Aendos.Silvermoon View Post
    Battle.net is actually a cool feature, despite Blizzard waiting until the final weeks before SCII to start getting their crap straight. They could have easily started maintenance an hour earlier for the past couple months and worked out everything by now, instead of screwing everyone for one day.
    Amen Aendos

It is a cool feature, but i'm wondering just how they thought it would be viable if maintenance means the entire ecosystem is down. Imagine next tuesday when they're fixing the SCII issues related to bnet (launch week woot) and WoW users are locked out again.. ouch