Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Generic?
    What? You really think the noble savage archetype is new and amazing? Please. Argue things based on their own merits, not based on how often they've been done before.

Let me give you a hint: a lot of people portray Orcs as brutal warriors- including Warcraft, through most of its history- because people like that archetype. Now, introducing a spiritual side into their race isn't a bad move, not at all. But you're just as bad as the people who want to go full out Tolkien evil Orcs, trying to pigeonhole the Orcs and by extension the Horde into a visually monstrous race indistinguishable in spirit from Tolkien's Elves.

The Horde's current principle is honorable warfare, not diplomacy and flower sniffing. Get it right.
    That's just between you, me, and my pal Captain Winky.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't worry to much hes leaving garrosh in charge to test him . Thrall is pretty much the hordes version of malfurion there both dedicated to their factions but they are both acting neutral for the greater good to battle the high cause.
    Although to make sure the story progresses leaders have to leave/die/do something wrong for lore to continue.

Profound scholar and master in lore in the high degree of Titan origins and the old god mythology....Lol jokes

It's not as sad as you might think, OP.

He left for other reasons, and put Mr. Unstable in charge of the Horde, it wasn't a coup, he put him in charge knowing how much of a meat-headed character Garrosh is.

So it's not like he died or anything. Tell you what, when you play as a goblin, you will be able to see Thrall again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

I doubt it. Retire to the Earthen Ring full-time, perhaps, but if they kill off someone like Thrall they're going to have to come up with a new Earthen Ring leader (which is the role it's safe to assume Thrall, as the most powerful shaman in the lore) that won't display bias between the Broken, Draenei, Tauren, Troll, Goblin, Wildhammer, and Orc members.
    I dont see why somebody else couldnt become just as powerful.

like really, how long has thrall even been a shaman?
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildstaff View Post

^_^ Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Caradinist View Post
    It's not as sad as you might think, OP.

He left for other reasons, and put Mr. Unstable in charge of the Horde, it wasn't a coup, he put him in charge knowing how much of a meat-headed character Garrosh is.

So it's not like he died or anything. Tell you what, when you play as a goblin, you will be able to see Thrall again!
    Iam not a Horde fanboy, but the Garrosh bashing is just silly.

Garrosh has the same mindset as Doomhammer. Stop trying to ignore that!

Thrall looks up to Doomhammer. Doomhammer did the same shit Garrosh is doing, yet does Thrall bash Doomhammer?

NOOOOO!!!!!
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

its maelstrom no break.
    also he seems be keeping his inability to think aggressively i mean garrosh sets thrall up to be captured and thrall just sends the guy who foiled that to garrosh who he still leaves in charge of the horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor View Post
    I dont see why somebody else couldnt become just as powerful.

like really, how long has thrall even been a shaman?
    About a quarter of his life at this point. And to date, nobody else HAS become as powerful, and not for lack of trying. In essence, by leaving his post as the Warchief, he's been freed up as the ideal candidate for turning the Earthen Ring into a major faction along the likes of the Argent Crusade and the Cenarion Circle rather than a few pithy quests here and there.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

About a quarter of his life at this point. And to date, nobody else HAS become as powerful, and not for lack of trying. In essence, by leaving his post as the Warchief, he's been freed up as the ideal candidate for turning the Earthen Ring into a major faction along the likes of the Argent Crusade and the Cenarion Circle rather than a few pithy quests here and there.
    Oh yes, and a quarter of his life is how many years?

So there been no characters studying the Elements longer than (Thrall's age*.25)years?
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elanale View Post
    What? You really think the noble savage archetype is new and amazing? Please. Argue things based on their own merits, not based on how often they've been done before.
    The noble savage as it applies to orcs was quite rare before Warcraft 3 made it cool.

Let me give you a hint: a lot of people portray Orcs as brutal warriors- including Warcraft, through most of its history- because people like that archetype. Now, introducing a spiritual side into their race isn't a bad move, not at all. But you're just as bad as the people who want to go full out Tolkien evil Orcs, trying to pigeonhole the Orcs and by extension the Horde into a visually monstrous race indistinguishable in spirit from Tolkien's Elves.
    The First and Second War orcs are indistinguishable from a D&D orc in organization and attitude.

Also, Tolkien's elves were self-righteous assholes with the exception of maybe Arwen.

The Horde's current principle is honorable warfare, not diplomacy and flower sniffing. Get it right.
    Maybe you need to go take a breather because I never said that they weren't. But they were most definitely not honorable warriors (except for Orgrim Doomhammer) in the Second War, they were brutal psychotics that would have been interchangeable with orcs attacking Baldur's Gate or Luskan.

---------- Post added 2010-07-21 at 12:28 AM ----------

Oh yes, and a quarter of his life is how many years?

So there been no characters studying the Elements longer than (Thrall's age*.25)years?
    You completely missed the point. Thrall's age isn't the predominant factor here, it's that other shaman aren't as powerful as he is, and they're constantly striving to better themselves. Not even Drek, who taught Thrall the ways of Shamanism, can match him anymore.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Iam not a Horde fanboy, but the Garrosh bashing is just silly.

Garrosh has the same mindset as Doomhammer. Stop trying to ignore that!

Thrall looks up to Doomhammer. Doomhammer did the same shit Garrosh is doing, yet does Thrall bash Doomhammer?

NOOOOO!!!!!

What? An Alliance had never been formed with the Alliance in Doomhammer's time, so of course Doomhammer would not be peaceful with them. Garrosh shattered a peace that had been formed before he took the mantle of warchief.

im rather shocked that alot of people don't realize that shamans have little power on there own they ask the elements and spirits for guidance and power.
    so if the elements and spirits are disconnected from the shaman there more or less a child playing with sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogrutana View Post
    What? An Alliance had never been formed with the Alliance in Doomhammer's time, so of course Doomhammer would not be peaceful with them. Garrosh shattered a peace that had been formed before he took the mantle of warchief.
    Rend would like to have a word with you
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

10+ Year Old Account
    Rend would like to have a word with you
    Err, elaborate please? I'm rather in the dark about what you mean...not to sound like a douche =P

rend and maim were blackhand's runts

10+ Year Old Account
    What does that have to do with Doomhammer? Doomhammer killed Blackhand, and later had Rend and his clan chase down Gul'dan, iirc. That's the only relationship I see between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    its maelstrom no break.
    also he seems be keeping his inability to think aggressively i mean garrosh sets thrall up to be captured and thrall just sends the guy who foiled that to garrosh who he still leaves in charge of the horde.
    Horrible speculation coming from 3rd or 4th party sources.

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    im rather shocked that alot of people don't realize that shamans have little power on there own they ask the elements and spirits for guidance and power.
    so if the elements and spirits are disconnected from the shaman there more or less a child playing with sticks.
    so what? it works

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am totally shunning the horde now as well because a certain character will be missing...

Not Thrall....

But Gamon!! He is said to have died defending innocents from deathwing but I don't care, the horde will never be the same without you Gamon...

R.I.P. Gamon