No Castable buffs for leveling mages?

So, i just noticed in the latest patch...

Arcane Intellect is at 58
    Mage Armor is at 68
    Molten Armor is at 64 (Learned Early for Fire tho)
    FROST ARMOR IS AT 54 (up from... i think it was level 3 or 5 in the last patch?)

So, no more slowing/protection for leveling mages...except Fire-specced mages who get an early armor... seems weird to cast absolutely no buffs tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

My guess that other specs will get Learned Early Armors not just fire. So Arcane mages will level with Mage Armor, while Frost mages will level with Frost Armor.

As the way you level will change in cata, meaning you will have less mana problems whilst leveling and probably more power. You dont really need these buffs anyway at that level range.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the frost armor thing might be an issue with there being both frost armor, and ice armor.

I think frost armor might remain unchanged, and ICE armor is what is trained at 58. it's an honest mistake. ice and frost. rather similar.

There is no traces of Ice Armor whatsoever anywhere in the Beta. It has been totally removed. I guess they realized two spells for the same effects is stupid, and i know alot of mages who were still using Frost Armor at level 60-70ish (even if it stops at 30 and Ice Armor take over), just because they thought it updated like every other spells when they trained it.
    And they kept Frost Armor instead of Ice Armor because its original name in Warcraft 3 was Frost Armor.

The Idea of having Learned Early: Armors in all three specs makes alot of sense!

Sounds cool tbh, that also helps the new people choose what they want to lvl with

so if I level fire I won't be able to cast frost armor? Sucks for trying to get away after a bad pull. The slowing effect of frost armor was about the only survivability a fire mage had.

they will prolly just keep ice armor in the game for mage till you get your other armors

Quote Originally Posted by woxingma View Post
    so if I level fire I won't be able to cast frost armor? Sucks for trying to get away after a bad pull. The slowing effect of frost armor was about the only survivability a fire mage had.
    Your molten armor has a knockback on a 1min cooldown. Or was that mage armor only? Anyway, blink is still available to fire :P
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Frost Nova?

Frost Nova and Blink.

Also, Molten Armor makes you uncrittable, which in itself gives Fire mages a chunk of survivability that Arcane and Frost doesnt have.