Changing professions - advices needed

Alright, so I've had my mains (feral druid) professions locked at Mining/Engineering for the past few years, and I must say I'm starting to find it's a tad boring.
    I like being self-sufficient at mine my own veins for leveling Engineering, but I'm thinking of dropping it for enchanting. (Engineering will never be dropped).

I've thought about Leatherworking aswell, but I think without skinning, that it will be too expensive.

My alts are 2x Alchemists, 1x JC and 1x Inscription.

So what are your thoughts on enchanting - is it profitable, very time-consuming and very expensive to train? Never had enchanting before, so looking forward to hear some advices.

Since you have Inscription, you can level enchanting using vellums.
    Then you can try to sell the scroll for profit. I recommend to start making scrolls only at enchanting lvl 400 and above. At lower levels check if they sell on AH and maybe make some. Otherwise just enchant the same item over and over again.
    Also, at least on my server, economy for enchanting mats seems upside down - shard cost a few silver, while stacks of dusts - a few gold. Check your AH, if you see similar situation it might turn out that you'll lvl faster making recipe requiring 6 shards and 2 essences then 5 dusts.
    This rule should be applied to any enchanting leveling guide.

As for where to get mats - run low lvl dungeons for green drops for DE or just buy them(greens or mats). You can boost someone for a few gold while you at it - more profit just make sure you make an agreement about the drops.

Also I found it easier to also gather cloth during dungeon runs and using a tailor to make them into cheapest possible green item for DE.

Deleted
    Enchanting is very profitable, but quite long to up, and can be one of the most expansive if you buy everything in the AH.
    But if you don't mind running some old dungeons (you'll the achievements as well if you don't have them already), you just loot all the green. It's a shame you will have to drop mining, else you could have used the low lvl ore with JC to create some greens.
    Still, it is quite long and boring to run an dungeon, clean all the mons AND loot every corpse. If you have a friend who needs it with an alt, recruit him : he can drop the green and give it to you in the end, you will rush way faster.

When you get to WLK mats, just buy them in AH, make some profitable scrolls with your inscription and sell them. If you're smart on the scrolls you create (depending on the AH market on your serv), it's loads of profit plus upping your enchanting.