Anybody play across the pond?

I play EU WoW but I live in America. Does anyone else do this or vise-versa? If you do, what are your reasons?

I would but i think my latency is pretty bad as is O_O. Europe is a little too far away from Australia.

Who knows , one day i might play wow in china!!!!!!!!!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by c0rrupt10n View Post
    I play EU WoW but I live in America. Does anyone else do this or vise-versa? If you do, what are your reasons?
    What are YOUR reasons?

Quote Originally Posted by theorangebox View Post
    What are YOUR reasons?
    I've had too many bad experiences on US servers

Quote Originally Posted by Russelcoight View Post
    Who knows , one day i might play wow in china!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm in China right now, and I haven't seen a single internet connection outside Hong Kong with which could play the game. No idea how the Chinese players do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Friend of mine plays on EU from Canada, he says his latency is generally around 200-300ms. His reasons are that girls a hotter accross the pond.
    01/01/07 since backwards threads reading / "The day EU trolled Blizzard". 22/02/11 Peace out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I live in australia and play on a realm thats technically situated in America. Why? Because blizz doesnt want to give us servers closer to home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomm
    HEY GUYS
    CATACLYSM IS GOING TO RUIN THE GAME.. BUT I CANT REMEMBER WHY!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    I prefer my own description.

The Alliance, we have beards.
    Fuck you.

Deleted
    I'm from England and I was backpacking across Australia for a year where I found an internet cafe 100% dedicated to WoW in Brisbane. They had about 100 computers in there but only ONE was set up to play the EU servers... You had to virtually commit murder just to get on the damn thing though due to the high volume of European backpackers in the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Sollace View Post
    I live in australia and play on a realm thats technically situated in America. Why? Because blizz doesnt want to give us servers closer to home.
    Because the several million oceanic ... pretty much mostly Australian players , will continue to pay and play either way.

Blizzard don't do things out of good will or to please their customers. They are VERY money driven and stand to gain very little by giving the Oceanic region their own servers. If however most oceanic players switched off playing wow , it might be more financially viable for them to do it to get those players back.

I live in Korea, but stayed with my European server.
    Emigrated. I had to give up raiding, but I can't be arsed to buy the game here, re-level and learn enough korean to play the game before a brighter game comes along.

Another Aussie here, also playing on US servers mostly because thats where my friends are not to mention my girlfriend who lives in the states.

For the other aussies complaining about US servers though.. .you are aware that there is an Oceanic tab ont he realm selection screen right?
    So, about Thrall's balls...

Quote Originally Posted by Nahilothrop View Post
    Another Aussie here, also playing on US servers mostly because thats where my friends are not to mention my girlfriend who lives in the states.

For the other aussies complaining about US servers though.. .you are aware that there is an Oceanic tab ont he realm selection screen right?
    yeah but those servers are still in america, and from new zealand thats a bloody long way
    <start epic wow theme>
    A world of limitless adventure. We cast the lords of shadow and flame back into the abyss.
    <more epic wow theme>
    We held the line against the rising tide of death itself.
    <epic music peaks>
    We have endured the breaking of the world.Now we face the Destroyer and we will end him.
    <cue Bennny Hill music>Pandas! Pokemon!

Deleted
    I'm from the UK and play on the USA servers. Why? Friends, better population in most cases, no dutch/polish/etc spam in the chat channels.