Enhancement - Static Shock

Hey guys.

Was looking over the "new" talents in the latest build. Couldnt see anything interesting realy but noticed for the first time that Static shock will - apparently - remain a 3pointer? Or we got another yet to be unveiled talent incoming O.o

Personally i think Static shock as a 3pointer (That means 6 points realy!) is rubbish :P

Your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Tides View Post
    Hey guys.

Was looking over the "new" talents in the latest build. Couldnt see anything interesting realy but noticed for the first time that Static shock will - apparently - remain a 3pointer? Or we got another yet to be unveiled talent incoming O.o

Personally i think Static shock as a 3pointer (That means 6 points realy!) is rubbish :P

Your thoughts?
    The whole enha tree is rubbish.
    Last edited by mmoca7472cd2b9; 2010-07-21 at 11:31 AM.

Deleted
    the improved shields talent is mainly implented to aid all 3 builds. not just enhancement i think.
    Last edited by mmoc4630fd05f7; 2010-07-21 at 10:59 AM.

Please read the original post properly before reponding. It has nothing to do with the Improved Shields talent. And everything to do with Static Shock. The talent that enabled Enhance to proc Lightning Shield orbs on melee swings.

Yeah i know it's Beta. But while it is beta it's also more or less required to have a certain number of talent points spent in each talent tier. So unless Blizzard are gonna start acually making us a brand new talent (Yeah right.. I gave up hope years ago!) then we're probably gonna end up paying twice the amount of points for maybe THE most boring talent in the current tree.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm more concerned about Elemental weapons.

A talent that increases a static buff... oh wow

The only good part about it is that it increases WF dmg, and the fact that it's still better then Improved Shields
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

mm, there's alot of the talents in the enhance tree that i'd take and toss out in a instant.
    And whazzit about moving Elemental Devastation to Enhance tree. I can see that it fits into enhance but now we gotta take something silly like that Ancestral mana% talent to get to the 2nd tier Elemental talents :S

This damn talents its mandatory now with this new build, WTF!!!
    Blizzard once more doing a FLAMEBUILD on enhancement talents ... as I always say:"They don't know what they are doing there".

2H forever ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tides View Post

Your thoughts?
    Static Shock is not now (in WotLK) nor in Cata, nor has it EVER been 6 points. It is a talent that gives you a COMPLETELY NEW DPS ability, it does not in any way shape or form require Imp.Shields. It never has it still doesn't.

NB. By completely new dps ability I mean that with zero points in Static Shock you have to get hit for a lightning shield orb to do damage. With points in Static Shock you get a new source of damage ie: Lightning shield orb procs when you do melee damage.

did you also see they already buffed it to no longer consume orbs? frees up a slot on the gigantic priority queue. fair trade IMO looking at the other "options" to spend it on for pve

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnerbenkei View Post
    did you also see they already buffed it to no longer consume orbs? frees up a slot on the gigantic priority queue. fair trade IMO looking at the other "options" to spend it on for pve
    I can see what the OP is saying, and I also see this as a valid point. Levva's clarification taken into consideration as well. While thinking about all of that the talent is boring. You don't have to do anyhting for this "extra attack" other tank right click your target and pray for good RNG. The talent just isn't all that great. The extra damage is good though obviously. It would just be nice to find some other way to impliment that damage. Yay for the fact that it doesn't make us refresh it anymore, but that only served to make it even more "boring". Buff shields and have a nice day.

About the 6 points needed for this talent. Not it's not literally 6 points. But to get the most of of this talent it requires 6 points. And I think we all understood that by the way... At that's 6 points that really, in the end, currently don't do a whole lof of damage. It's 4.7 % of my damage on Saurfang (last nights log). Yes that's a pretty decent amount of damage, but that I do not beleive is worth the 6 poitns I have spent in it, but even so...

Fast forward to cataclysm. We have reduced talent points to spend, and reduced talents as well. A lot of talents have been reduced. With the highest being 3 instead of 5. Static Shock remains at 3 points and so does improved shields. The scaling on talent points required is unbalanced in my opinion. I'm not a game programmer, I do not know the forumla (if any) for how they determine how many talent points each talent should be. But in case case of interesting. The Static shock is sitting on the same line as the new searing totem/laval lash combo in terms of points. That doesn't seem right to me at all..

I was wrong in that last paragraph. Static Shock combo is 1 point more than the searing/Lava Lash combo... Making it an even worse scenario.
    Last edited by SolSphere; 2010-07-21 at 02:29 PM. Reason: I made a boo boo
    Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by stingc2 View Post
    the improved shields talent is mainly implented to aid all 3 builds. not just enhancement i think.
    I have never understood how that is considered an Elemental talent, are they frequently getting hit and proccing orbs? If it boosted the base mana regen that comes from the shield it would do something for Ele, not something useful but something anyway. As it stands that talent only exists to boost other talents, namely Earthshield (lol improved earthshield already exists), Imp Water Shield (lol again) and Static Shock. How about we rename it from Improved Shields to Improved Shield Talents, make it clear what it actually does.

Better yet get rid of it and put something there that feels like a reasonable reward for the talent points spent.
    Last edited by Fornaw; 2010-07-21 at 10:44 PM.

I think maybe changing it from 3 points to 2 points would make more sense...

3% to 6% vs 2%,4%,6%

It seems like we're spending more points on the enh tree than needed just to do the normal damage we should be able to get. Mana cost is going up and primal mana is going to be a must have.

Anyone else notice it no longer increases the amount or orbs?
    Baretta M92 Custom Praiyachat Sword Cutlass Special
    Starcaller Renzokuken, 80 Dwarf Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Renzokuken View Post
    Anyone else notice it no longer increases the amount or orbs?
    No longer consumes charges.