Thread: Seals/Blessings

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Seals/Blessings

Was sitting here reading through the new Cataclysm info, seeing all the changes, and I got curious if anyone else feels the same way I do regarding these spells. Personally, I really don't like what they've been doing with our buff spells at all. Seals and Blessings are some of the things that differentiate the Paladin class from other classes, and they're being diminished more and more.

I understand why they changed some of the Blessings to "Hands", to prevent them from canceling each other out, but these other changes I don't agree with. One thing I always liked about my Paladin was having different tools for different situations and knowing how best to use them, and I feel that is being taken away. We lost BoLight, now we're losing BoWisdom (folded into Might, unless this has been changed, correct me if I'm wrong) and BoSanctuary (passive). We lost SoFury (actually, that one was pretty bad) and SotCrusader, now we're losing SoWisdom and SoCommand.

I know they're trying to get rid of 'mandatory buffs that only one class/spec can bring', but I wish they could find a way to still keep the flavor that Paladins have, that is their wide array of buffs

Deleted
    I thought we were losing Judgement of Wisdom not Seal of Wisdom.
    Anyway, things should get more simple, and dont forget we get many new more skills and talents in cataclysm.
    The "flavor" that paladins have, isn't having useless abilities in the skill book.

We lost nothing of actual value, and trust me about JoW, they're going to make people get mana from other things (40% Judgements of the Wise- shamans get something like their auto attacks regen mana) so it aint gonna be missed.

About Command, it's not lost, it's merged with SoRighteousness.
    And the rest of the skills are pretty long gone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    I thought we were losing Judgement of Wisdom not Seal of Wisdom.
    Anyway, things should get more simple, and dont forget we get many new more skills and talents in cataclysm.
    The "flavor" that paladins have, isn't having useless abilities in the skill book.

We lost nothing of actual value, and trust me about JoW, they're going to make people get mana from other things (40% Judgements of the Wise- shamans get something like their auto attacks regen mana) so it aint gonna be missed.

About Command, it's not lost, it's merged with SoRighteousness.
    And the rest of the skills are pretty long gone.
    Im all for making this game simple, finally i will have time to watch all my blackadder and red-dwarf re-runs whilst doing raids with one hand. Thank you blizzard. God bless!

15+ Year Old Account
    Cata Seals:
    Seal of Righteousness
    Seal of Vengeance
    Seal of the Pure (Light + Wisdom)
    Seal of Justice

Removed: Seal of Wisdom, Command

Blessings:
    Blessing of Kings (does not stack with MotW)
    Blessing of Might (Might + Wisdom)

Removed: Blessing of Wisdom, Sanctuary

Auras:
    Devotion Aura
    Retribution Aura
    Concentration Aura
    Resistance Aura (Fire + Frost + Shadow)
    Crusader Aura

Removed: Frost, Shadow Aura

Judgements:
    Judgement (Light + Justice)

Removed:
    Judgement of Wisdom, Justice
    Last edited by Ronark; 2010-07-21 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark View Post
    Cata Seals:
    Concentration Aura
    Resistance Aura(Fire + Frost + Shadow)
    Think you meant this?
    Volte 80 Frost DK--Cycloneduke 80 Holy Pally--Moardotz 80 Desto Warlock-- Dexterworgan 80 Assassination Rogue----Liadon 80 Feral Druid--Mumbles 70 Frost Mage--Bibleblack 70 Disc Priest--Dylli 70 DM Hunter--Krosa 70 Fury Warrior -- Slapntickle 70 Prot Warrior -- Okoi 80 Enha Shaman + 4 slave shamans multiboxed to 70 - Darksorrow EU PvP

15+ Year Old Account
    Ya they really need ot get off their lazy ass and make a Ret DPS Seal we shouldn't be forced to share with Tanks shit is beyond stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Duke View Post
    Think you meant this?
    You saw NOTHING!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    Ya they really need ot get off their lazy ass and make a Ret DPS Seal we shouldn't be forced to share with Tanks shit is beyond stupid.
    Return of Seal of the Martyr/of Blood?
    Well I just got back from a panda circus where I fucked twelve identical versions of Lexxi Belle while surfing on a sharks back in space.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...der&cn=Feythir

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feythir View Post
    Return of Seal of the Martyr/of Blood?
    Seals of the Poorly, Non-Creativly named Talent in the Ret tree.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    Who says we are sharing with prot? Maybe prot is sharing with us.

I actually do believe this, though. I'm not sure how they can make a seal for ret that prot wouldn't also want to use. Any seal that is going to do more dmg is the seal that prot is going to want to use. They could put a special seal deep in the ret tree, but as far as I'm concerned, I dont want to have to spend talent points on a seal just so I can be a little different from a prot paladin.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Cata Seals:
    Seal of Righteousness
    Seal of Vengeance
    Seal of the Pure (Light + Wisdom)
    Seal of Justice

Removed: Seal of Wisdom, Command
    You did not lose Seal of Wisdom, just don't have to decide between light and wisdom, didn't really lose Command either it's effect is in the talent tree but now it uses a dot and most good ret would seal swap between Vengeance and Command anyway, more simpler now huh

Blessings:
    Blessing of Kings (does not stack with MotW)
    Blessing of Might (Might + Wisdom)

Removed: Blessing of Wisdom, Sanctuary
    Again Wisdom was not removed it is now combined so Druids/Pally's/Shamans don't whine about what blessing they get, didn't lose Sanc either it's for the tanks and is in the tank tree
    How many times has a cat whined about getting Wisdom because there is a tree in the group

Auras:
    Devotion Aura
    Retribution Aura
    Concentration Aura
    Resistance Aura (Fire + Frost + Shadow)
    Crusader Aura

Removed: Frost, Shadow Aura
    Really? Again not removed Combined one aura needed for fights with multiple magic damage, Sounds like a damn nice change

Judgements:
    Judgement (Light + Justice)

Removed:
    Judgement of Wisdom, Justice
    Justice wasn't removed again it was combined Wisdom, with the Blessings Combined the Judgement was kinda redundant
    Judgement- Unleashes the energy of a Seal spell to judge an enemy for 20 sec, granting attacks made against the judged enemy a chance of healing the attacker for 1% of their maximum health, preventing the enemy from fleeing, and limiting their movement speed.
    so it's going to heal me, prevent them from fleeing (low lvl crap) and slow them down (PVP) sounds really good
    Last edited by Dehuman; 2010-07-21 at 06:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seals of the Poorly, Non-Creativly named Talent in the Ret tree.
    Guess that one works. It'd be hard to start explaining what seal I'm using atm though...

The post above is deserving of a facepalm though. No, no. /facedesk. You're aware that Ronark was explaining what had been removed(read: COMBINED)or replaced to the person in question right? RIGHT? Cause you know, trying to look clever and not accomplishing it.
    Last edited by Feythir; 2010-07-21 at 06:51 PM.
    Well I just got back from a panda circus where I fucked twelve identical versions of Lexxi Belle while surfing on a sharks back in space.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dehuman View Post
    You did not lose Seal of Wisdom, just don't have to decide between light and wisdom, didn't really lose Command either it's effect is in the talent tree but now it uses a dot and most good ret would seal swap between Vengeance and Command anyway, more simpler now huh

Again Wisdom was not removed it is now combined so Druids/Pally's/Shamans don't whine about what blessing they get, didn't lose Sanc either it's for the tanks and is in the tank tree
    How many times has a cat whined about getting Wisdom because there is a tree in the group

Really? Again not removed Combined one aura needed for fights with multiple magic damage, Sounds like a damn nice change

Justice wasn't removed again it was combined Wisdom, with the Blessings Combined the Judgement was kinda redundant
    Judgement- Unleashes the energy of a Seal spell to judge an enemy for 20 sec, granting attacks made against the judged enemy a chance of healing the attacker for 1% of their maximum health, preventing the enemy from fleeing, and limiting their movement speed.
    so it's going to heal me, prevent them from fleeing (low lvl crap) and slow them down (PVP) sounds really good
    Technicalities. Technically, there are no spells named "Seal of Command", "Seal of Wisdom", "Blessing of Wisdom" etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dehuman View Post
    Wall of stupid text
    And how did you not understand, that Ronark said exactly the same thing as you did !_!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    And how did you not understand, that Ronark said exactly the same thing as you did !_!
    An opportunity to bash a mod? What do you think he did... Lame attempt nonetheless.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ronark, why are you so pro?

By the way, does anyone know which icons they are using for all of these combined spells? I'd love to research it right now but I'm on my phone and can't do too much.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    Ronark, why are you so pro?

By the way, does anyone know which icons they are using for all of these combined spells? I'd love to research it right now but I'm on my phone and can't do too much.
    In all the above cases, the spell that is listed first is the icon in use.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    In all the above cases, the spell that is listed first is the icon in use.
    O that makes me sad. SoW icon > SoL icon.

Anyways, it's about time they merged the resistance auras, that's something I requested a long time ago. Still not much variety when it comes to auras, though. Each spec has their own aura and then one situational aura.
    I never cared for Concentration Aura or Aura Mastery but now it's mandatory. -.-
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gak32 View Post
    Was sitting here reading through the new Cataclysm info, seeing all the changes, and I got curious if anyone else feels the same way I do regarding these spells. Personally, I really don't like what they've been doing with our buff spells at all. Seals and Blessings are some of the things that differentiate the Paladin class from other classes, and they're being diminished more and more.
    And with good reason. Blessings are buffs...but trying to make them unique simply made them a major pain and a chore. If it takes an add-on to keep track of who buffed who with what and when they need to be rebuiffed, then the implmentation doesn't work. As for Seals, though the system has promise and potential,. the truth is that Seals probably shouldn't have a major impact on damage. They are passive and so should be inherently limited.

As it is, Paladins lose SoC this round. Unfortunate, as the current implmemntation gave each Seal (save SoJ) a role. SoW, however, had to go. Well...either that or SoL as combining two spells which aren't used amkes a good deal of sense. Personally, I'd remove SoV and retain SoC, and then transfer the dmage into more active attacks.

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2010-07-22 at 06:33 AM.

Got more attention than I thought it would, heh

I think you all make some pretty good points. Maybe I'm just really resistant to change, but being around since release, it's hard to see things go that I've become so accustomed to.

I hadn't really thought about the Auras though, so glad that was brought up. I agree that making the Resistance Auras all one Aura was a very good change. I've also thought that for a very long time. I also think that they should add Arcane resist to that Aura now that it is all one spell. It's my understanding that one reason they never gave us (or anyone really) an Arcane Resistance Aura or like buff is that it was so situational outside of PvP. True, or am I way off base? Now it's all combined I think it would be a good time to add that in.

Side note: anyone remember Sanctity Aura? >.>