Thread: Armour Pen yet?

Armour Pen yet?

Hey guys been 80 for about 2 weeks now was wondering when is a good time to start stacking armour pen please check me out if got anything i need changed please let me know..

Have head a bracer enchant mising and gems but waiting from what i hear from u guys to fix all that up.

ty look forward to hearing from everyone

p.s I CANT LINK ANY LINKS O\ YET CAUSE OF POST BUT IM LOTSASHOTS ON BARTHILAS

Read the Sticky.

Something like when you have between 500-700 ArP FROM GEAR ALONE + an ArP Trinket THEN you gem ArP.

But, read the Sticky, thats what its there for.

You don't want to start gemming for ArP until you reach around 800 from gear alone. Once there you can then gem to attempt to reach the hardcap. You can attempt to gem to the softcap if your gear is lacking, as long as you have an ArP proc trinket. But, I wouldn't suggest it. You'll get more dps from just stacking agility with early gear imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunch View Post
    You don't want to start gemming for ArP until you reach around 800 from gear alone. Once there you can then gem to attempt to reach the hardcap. You can attempt to gem to the softcap if your gear is lacking, as long as you have an ArP proc trinket. But, I wouldn't suggest it. You'll get more dps from just stacking agility with early gear imo.
    This.

I found out the hard way. Gemmed for ArP with basically all 232 gear+Needle Encrusted Scorpion. I was at about 50% ArP without the trinket proc. And about 95% when it did proc. Problem was that my AP and crit were too low to really matter with that ArP. Switched to all Agility gems, and now hit much much harder, even with less ArP. But I'm still slowly improving my gear from ICC, and am at 400 ArP from gear with 5600 AP and 51% crit. Looking forward to the better gear to start shooting for ArP cap. 30k KS in ICC10 are nice, but another hunter I was with in ICC10 last week (when buff was still 25%) was getting 38k KS's, and he said that was nothing compared to some of the top hunters on our server. /drool

Quote Originally Posted by Hunch View Post
    Don't listen to useless info like this ever. In higher end gear even before you reach 800 arp, arp will be a much more viable stat option over agi. The easiest way to see when you hit that point is using Female Dwarf.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Don't listen to useless info like this ever. In higher end gear even before you reach 800 arp, arp will be a much more viable stat option over agi. The easiest way to see when you hit that point is using Female Dwarf.
    The part that's particularly useless is the softcap reference.

Goddamn these threads are just like troll sitcoms. Someone comes in, asks the same question that's been asked on here countless times... a couple people say 800 arp... then there's the softcap mention... then some people say hey softcap isn't relevant anymore...

And damnit I'm in the middle of it now. I get deja vu logging on here these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilcheeks View Post
    And damnit I'm in the middle of it now.
    I loled.

Well Xeraxis, if you learned how to read you'd see that I said with early gear agility gemming is better.