Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    well about that going blind thing, one without magic its impossible to be invisible and since its magic i assume it can make exceptions
    Hmm... well.. I would no go as far as to say impossible. Just look at the recent accomplishment that those nerdy europeans have created. They've somehow managed to make a new tank that can roll out into an open field and disappear completely. (As described in the test demo atleast..) --- Hey wait.. I wasn't suppose to tell you this.. Oh dear..

  2. #22
    tank disappearing is most likely not invisibility, either its driven behind a clever back drop. bending light, or a camera thing like the James bond car in die another day, that or I dnt know what but its not 'true' invisibility the light isnt travelling through it.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    tank disappearing is most likely not invisibility, either its driven behind a clever back drop. bending light, or a camera thing like the James bond car in die another day, that or I dnt know what but its not 'true' invisibility the light isnt travelling through it.
    Precisely, if you weren't aware on how vision works: We don't see the object, we see the light reflected off of the object. The tank they were speaking of bends light around the tank, giving you a view of what is behind it and beside it...Making it invisible.

  4. #24
    but it can still be seen, run different spectrum filters and one will reveal it at least, or do a thermal and youll see the heat it gives off.

  5. #25
    holy crap, i don't give a shit if europeans made a toaster that gave awesome hand jobs while making delicious toast, that shit has nothing to do with a god damn video game about midgets and dragons.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    holy crap, i don't give a shit if europeans made a toaster that gave awesome hand jobs while making delicious toast, that shit has nothing to do with a god damn video game about midgets and dragons.
    Thanks for sig.

    On topic, invis is usefull for the threat reduction too, and saving your ass from wipes, or sneaking past mobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    holy crap, i don't give a shit if europeans made a toaster that gave awesome hand jobs while making delicious toast, that shit has nothing to do with a god damn video game about midgets and dragons.

  7. #27
    The Patient Arcanian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    241
    Only problem I see with IN is if your dotted you will be pulled back out of it even if you have mana shield up. Technically you are absorbing dmg not taking it when your mana shield is up so it should allow you to stay invisible as long as mana shield doesn't break.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanian View Post
    Only problem I see with IN is if your dotted you will be pulled back out of it even if you have mana shield up. Technically you are absorbing dmg not taking it when your mana shield is up so it should allow you to stay invisible as long as mana shield doesn't break.
    CS+blink+invis

    or

    sheep+blink+invis

    or

    CS+ice block+blink+invis

    or

    kill the other guy+blink+invis

  9. #29
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Coral Springs, Florida
    Posts
    823
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Well, not to bring logic into this, but technically if you were to become invisible you would be blind, since the light would pass through your optic nerves instead of hitting it and being resgistered by it.

    ...I'll go now.
    Made my day.

  10. #30
    It's a two way hit. You can't see anybody, and they can't see you. In stealth you can be seen a few yards away if they look at you, especially without the talents (that don't exist in cata, I know). Invis you can stand inside of somebody and they can't see you.

    I rather like it, because all it takes is a little communication with your arena buddy and it's an advantage. Plus if it worked like stealth then I wouldn't be able to run through raid bosses to make people scaredyscared that I'm gonna pull!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •