Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Exclamation Characters and their New design?

So basicly I'm fed up with those old models not being updated yet
    It's not the number of polygons that bug me the most... It's the hair and skin :/

I will explain it in a noobish way. Cuz some people might be not familliar with 3D graphic terms
    You see... Almost Every single Horde character is using 3d squerish planes as base to hair skin. Except some Blood Elf hairstyles and Goblins Obviously...
    While those new models don't use signle planes... They use nicely modeled faces with their pro designed UVW maps...
    Here is a small Example of what I mean...

So my question is:
    Would you like to see old models with non-planeish hairstyles?

Here is a troll picture:

Imo they look more savage in the updated version :P

NOTE: UPDATE
    I know there are going to be new-models so don't bother with posting messages like: "Blues already stated that there will be new models, ffs, omfg, noob" This is just fan concept of mine ... thanks

If you wish to see other hairstyles (differect race) just let me know in a thread

Update:

Not big changes really... A GromHellScream wanna-be

Update:

With Taunka body... See the difference :P?

Update:

Cuz we all know that there were High Elves in Lordaeron durning Scourage Invasion... Especially priests on their pilgramage to clense the infected crops... Ears added as a Facial Features...

Update:
    Dwarf lad

Update:
    gnome....

Cuz gnomes need love too xD ^^... Yes that's a Vrykul skin placed on a gnome body... Yeah I know that's a bit "odd" but I'v made it for lulz ^^ xD
    Last edited by Hoodo; 2010-07-22 at 12:58 AM.

Niiice preview you got there
    And with the whole idea I bet Blizzard could do even better

+1

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with you but they just can't make the hair look too amine-ish

YES. A thousand times yes. If they don't update the old character models well.. that sucks. I mean really, they have upgraded so much stuff, why not update the one thing we always see? (our characters) And also, very nice comparison, nice job with the troll hair as well. I would like to see not just hair and skin, but an upgrade to the models themselves, with the option to keep the originals of course.

the spikes seem too much as wildberry said "anime" but the idea is great.

15+ Year Old Account
    That troll.. I prefer the older one O.o
    ALTF4.

I wonder if the non-plane troll is fan-art? Because it definitely lacks detail and I've not heard anything about anything other than the suggestion and confirmation of interest on Blizzard wanting to refine old character models.

Current hair on the trolls looks really bad. Blizzard's trying to make the hair look too realistic, and the result is very ugly, as if the Trolls never take cair of their hair. Making it look like the Belf/Worgen/Goblin style hair will better give the impression of savagery and wildness and it doesn't necessarily have to be as spiky as the mock-ups above to get the same idea through. I'd be in favor of this for all races.

Awesome. They should update the models. I dont really care about the water and tress that much. My character is what i look at most of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the 2nd troll better. It appears more natural yet being more stylized. The first troll just looks cheap and fake.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by matiwariat View Post
    the spikes seem too much as wildberry said "anime" but the idea is great.
    It's the same as Blood Elf hair.

To be honest, I don't like how that troll looks, it's just too animeish, also it reminds me of Fire Kirby.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiruru View Post
    To be honest, I don't like how that troll looks, it's just too animeish, also it reminds me of Fire Kirby.
    More lyike Super Saiyan... But still... Not everyone watches anime :]

It's like Goku and a Troll had a fusion.

Troll super saiyan = PURE WIN

Deleted
    After seeing what blizzard had done to the lakes and sea's in cataclysm, i'm quite sure they can revamp the existing races to another level of beauty.

Deleted
    Troll Super Saiyan is not what I'm looking for. I agree that the old troll hair is old, but it's still better than the proposed change.

Keep Goku the fuck away from the Trolls and their Voodoos.

Their hairstyles are fine and savage as they are.

Blizz did say that they want top update the character textures and models.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

I prefer the first troll. 2nd one looks like he's been visiting a BElf hairdresser.

Blizz said they want to upgrade the models, but its probably not going to make the Xpac launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to Ghostcrawler, the hold-up in forging ahead is how they're going to approach it in a way that won't cause an uproar in the players who've grown attached to how their character looks now. With the updated models, that character may look completely different.

In a couple interviews, he suggested that they're looking into an option you can click to use old or updated models.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!