Quote Originally Posted by Vanderhuge View Post

Back to Ret discussion - I wish everyone the best of luck tomorrow. Apparently we're going to need it.
    Yea good luck tomorrow! Keep the posts coming & share your ideas that are working. Look forward to hearing from you.

Elemental Lord
    I'm surprised that Shadowed isn't opening up SUF so that someone can continue its simple beauty in Cataclsym. Last time I checked, I'm pretty sure Blizzard forced addon developers to release their source code to the general public - so it might not be far off until someone does something similar.

Back to Ret discussion - I wish everyone the best of luck tomorrow. Apparently we're going to need it.
    Who needs luck? I have a L80 Arms warrior with what looks like a very nice talent tree, and who sacrifices the ability to help others for the privilege of being relatively self sufficient and effective. Mobility? Damage? Stuns? CC? Fun moves? The warrior has it all. All I need do is hope the new rage system is workable.

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Who needs luck? I have a L80 Arms warrior with what looks like a very nice talent tree, and who sacrifices the ability to help others for the privilege of being relatively self sufficient and effective. Mobility? Damage? Stuns? CC? Fun moves? The warrior has it all. All I need do is hope the new rage system is workable.

EJL
    I want you to go do a few BGs tomorrow and come back with that same post.

Elemental Lord
    I want you to go do a few BGs tomorrow and come back with that same post.
    I can guarantee that.

My warrior today will be the same tomorrow.

Europe should be getting the patch one day later

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post

EJL
    Warriors are probably in a much better position than Rets but you're still going to get owned by every single caster ^^

Elemental Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Warriors are probably in a much better position than Rets but you're still going to get owned by every single caster ^^
    Thats probably a given. But looking at, for example, an Arms warriors talent tree, there doesn't seem to be a lot missing - the need to stance dance has been removed with the Pummel change, self healing is passive and occurs at a reasonable rate. Theres no cleanse mechanic to deal with poisons or diseases but I find those are usually applied too quickly to worry about even as a Paladin. The Arm warriors has a new stun, a new escape tool/closing tool, great mobility...no long duration CC tool though.

They aren't as much of a team player, true, but thew converse of that is everything they have is intended to make them a better fighter rather than make someone else a better fighter in their place.

Yes, I realise the Arms warrior isn't perfect...but at the same time, it appears to be in a much better position that Ret.

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2010-10-11 at 07:16 PM.

Hey quick question for paladins out there, do you guys think the following 2 talents fit a paladin as far as lore is concerned.

Chains of Justice-(10-20 yd range)Lash out at your target with a holy flail, dealing 70% weapon damage & dazing the target for 1 seconds. Additionally the target cannot move faster than normal movement speed for 15 seconds. Critical Strikes from the chains double the durations of the daze rather than increasing the damage. (9% mana cost 12 sec cd)
    &
    Liberty & Justice for All-The paladin whirls a holy flail over his/her head breaking snares/roots from all friendlies & adding justice effect to all all enemies within a 10 yard radius limits movement speed to 100% for 15 seconds. Deals 70% weapon damage to enemies in 10 yard radius.

They are both in my revamp of the paladin class that's in my http://www.war-tools.com/ct.html?l=70924 build, I really want to make sure they fit as far as lore goes before suggesting to blizz. Thanks for the feedback

There is going to be a massive outcry on the forums once the patch hits, no Paladin is going to enjoy being completely worthless in every aspect. I don't believe Ret has been in a worse state, in PvP or PvE in the entire history of WoW.

Longest ramp-up and the most ramp-up mechanics of any class/spec.
    Lowest DPS of any class/spec, even below Tanks.
    Completely unplayable in PvP.
    Most complicated and RNG heavy rotation of any class/spec.
    Multiple cooldowns that either don't work, are not a DPS gain when used or are even a DPS loss when used.
    Lowest healing ability of any class/spec.

Yea Blizz, you fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    There is going to be a massive outcry on the forums once the patch hits, no Paladin is going to enjoy being completely worthless in every aspect. I don't believe Ret has been in a worse state, in PvP or PvE in the entire history of WoW.

Longest ramp-up and the most ramp-up mechanics of any class/spec.
    Lowest DPS of any class/spec, even below Tanks.
    Completely unplayable in PvP.
    Most complicated and RNG heavy rotation of any class/spec.
    Multiple cooldowns that either don't work, are not a DPS gain when used or are even a DPS loss when used.
    Lowest healing ability of any class/spec.

Yea Blizz, you fucked up.
    I do hope your points are being made around beta and or lvl 85 ret....and not PTR

Quote Originally Posted by BDF View Post
    I do hope your points are being made around beta and or lvl 85 ret....and not PTR
    The points he makes apply to the PTR as well. Inquisition and GotAK and a few more levels don't fix our glaring weaknesses in all aspects of the game.
    "Pulsars are the bulimic cosmic anomalies..."

Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    What addons are you going to use for 4.01?
    So far as rotation helper there is
    1. http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...-rotation.aspx
    2. and the good old clcret http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ls/clcret.aspx

there is also a new clc addon http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...lctracker.aspx but I haven't tested that one yet...

The first one shows you your holy power points and the second one doesn't. But the first one doesn't have this global cooldown clock thingy... if you know what I mean T_T

I also need a new unit frames addon because Shadowed unit frames isn't supported anymore in 4.01, any recommendations?
    On live I manage ~6400 on dummies. On PTR by bar watching (no real addons other than moving the action bar to the centre of the screen) I was managing around 6700-6800.

Tried all three addons after reading your post.

1. (RRH) Clunky and ugly, didn't seem to anticipate stuff coming off cooldown as well as I can just watching bars. 6100-6200, significant dps drop when following it "blindly".

2. (CLCRet) Pretty similar to the addon on live, turning the rotation into a reletively straightforward whack-a-mole. Could use a Holy Power meter but otherwise very good. 6900-7000 DPS, though difficult to tell whether that was just more debuffs on the dummy. Either way takes a lot of the bar watching out of it, allowing me to concentrate on not standing in fire.

3. (CLCInfo) Its barebones right now, you basically have to assemble it youself, which is beyond me. Looks like it might be quite powerful once properly configured, one to keep an eye on in the future.

FYI, it looks like glyph of Divine Storm converts into Glyph of Templar's Verdict tomorrow.

See http://cata.wowhead.com/item=45743

and the comments.

One of my pvp buddies sent me this and i found it rather apt, thought i would share it with you fine folk. Looks like we are back to square 1 again xD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_3RFnHgEDo

Enjoy
    Great Uther's ghost, it's chasing after us! Squire, do something! Throw rocks at it! I have no plan!

Titan
    The new discussion thread can be found here; http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ribution-4.0.1
    [...]