Page 4 of 151 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't mean to nit-pick or be a grammar-something but it's lose, not loose >< loose is the opposite of tight, a common grammatical error.....

on topic: it seems blizzard is going a bit off of their design philosophy for rets, most of the other trees have pvp/utility talents that you have to choose between at certain points, not all +dps talents to pick up. this is intended, as it is between these "pointless utility talents" that the real choices can be made, not simply "mathed" out to see what spec gives the highest dps...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

It would be nice to have our interrupt as a specialization bonus instead of something we have to talent into. With all the changes, it would seem easier to simply get rid of the "two handed weapon specialization" bonus for ret, since anything can be scaled to give us that same damage we would lose.

Otherwise, that better be a placeholder on our final talent cooldown, though I don't see that end talent making it in game. It seems way too powerful, but if you were to nerf the duration of the buff severely to make it a shorter cooldown, it almost seems like it wouldn't be powerful enough as an end talent either.

I'm also under the assumption that Templar's verdict is going to have a cooldown to where we WILL Be using divine storm between Templar's Verdict and Inquisition, and if our new end talent makes the final cut, it seems like a waste of holy power unless we'll get a talent similar to our 2p t10 set bonus for any of our new abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    I don't mean to nit-pick or be a grammar-something but it's lose, not loose >< loose is the opposite of tight, a common grammatical error.....

on topic: it seems blizzard is going a bit off of their design philosophy for rets, most of the other trees have pvp/utility talents that you have to choose between at certain points, not all +dps talents to pick up. this is intended, as it is between these "pointless utility talents" that the real choices can be made, not simply "mathed" out to see what spec gives the highest dps...
    wierd Poll in your signature. doesnt make sense to me...anyways lets stay ontopic.

it looks like that Blizzard is putting out the new skills in waves. first we had superficial changes. now the interrupt + new talents. i bet that the next changes will be that of removing talents, replacing and toying around with settings.

I think it's interesting how a) they didn't give ret a ranged interrupt. Unless we're getting a gap closer too, it's not going to do us as much good as we need. Then again, i never pvp so i don't care, and i'm probably wrong. And b) made a 31 point talent that isn't usable in Arenas because of its ridiculously long cooldown (30 min). If you really want to use that as the 31 pointer, please lower the duration and cooldown at the very least. Lots is likely to change. Hold your breath.

Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    As I say all the time, not everyone on this forum is English. You have 45 countries in Europe and not every one of them are taught English. Some countries also find the English written language to be hard to grasp. A Dutch friend of mine speaks perfect but some times gets his spellings mixed up. Then again he does know five other languages fluently.

Quote Originally Posted by iktankniet View Post
    wierd Poll in your signature. doesnt make sense to me...anyways lets stay ontopic.

it looks like that Blizzard is putting out the new skills in waves. first we had superficial changes. now the interrupt + new talents. i bet that the next changes will be that of removing talents, replacing and toying around with settings.
    yeah I agree with that, they're definitely not done. everyone still seems so worried about the gap closer...

the poll, isn't supposed to make sense, it's to show just how stupid some people can be xD
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasz View Post
    As I say all the time, not everyone on this forum is English. You have 45 countries in Europe and not every one of them are taught English. Some countries also find the English written language to be hard to grasp. A Dutch friend of mine speaks perfect but some times gets his spellings mixed up. Then again he does know five other languages fluently.
    It used to frustrate the bejesus out of me when i saw someone type "defence" until i found out why. Now i'm okay with it.

Pit Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark View Post
    -Loose Cleanse
    -Loose Dispel Protection
    -Loose Bubble duration
    -Loose Instant AoW healing
    -Loose Stun removal
    -Loose Extra SS absorbency
    Cleanseyness, dispel protection, stun removal are the sorts of things lost across the board, though, so that doesn't seem like something to be particularly upset about (except as pertains to the continued weakness of Ret's gap closing).

Bubble duration is a bit curious, but may open the door to lowering its CD. 3 minutes seems a bit more appropriate.

So currently, of the things I consider unilaterally lost, I count SS absorb, AOW healing, and bubble duration. Considering what was gained, that seems OK.

I still want my Bubblehearth glyph.
    Well I just got back from a panda circus where I fucked twelve identical versions of Lexxi Belle while surfing on a sharks back in space.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...der&cn=Feythir

Pit Lord
    Quote Originally Posted by Sindy View Post
    I think it's interesting how a) they didn't give ret a ranged interrupt. Unless we're getting a gap closer too, it's not going to do us as much good as we need. Then again, i never pvp so i don't care, and i'm probably wrong. And b) made a 31 point talent that isn't usable in Arenas because of its ridiculously long cooldown (30 min). If you really want to use that as the 31 pointer, please lower the duration and cooldown at the very least. Lots is likely to change. Hold your breath.
    The chance that that remains a 30 minute cooldown is virtually 0%. It isn't so strong as to warrant anything of that duration, and Blizz has said many times that they don't like super long CDs that you end up never using (See: original LoH) because it never quite feels right.

I'm just reading it as 3 minutes for now.

I guess im the only one who thinks its stupid to have 2 talents dedicated to exorcism.

It used to frustrate the bejesus out of me when i saw someone type "defence" until i found out why. Now i'm okay with it.
    It was my university lecturer that told me that grammar is far more important than spelling in any language, as the human brain can make out misspelled words. Bad grammar on the other hand is a lot harder to understand.

Example:
    I helped my uncle jack, off a horse.
    I helped my uncle, jack off a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold View Post
    I guess im the only one who thinks its stupid to have 2 talents dedicated to exorcism.
    Four, Not two. Also, you're not alone. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Vasz View Post
    It was my university lecturer that told me that grammar is far more important than spelling in any language, as the human brain can make out misspelled words. Bad grammar on the other hand is a lot harder to understand.
    Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Um...and...uh...Paladins!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark View Post
    HoF can still be talented to last a total of 10 seconds. But yes, we did:

+Gain an Interrupt
    +Gain more Damage/Burst
    +Gain WoG

-Loose Cleanse
    -Loose Dispel Protection
    -Loose Bubble duration
    -Loose Instant AoW healing
    -Loose Stun removal
    -Loose Extra SS absorbency
    But seams like a little too much losing cleanse, I really cant see how we can PVP as ret without clease magic. We will need some kind os snare or gap closer.

Imagine this scenarios:

VS mage: today is pretty much already an auto loss, without cleanse we will be CC to te eternity;
    VS priest: 99999 dots on you, no cleanse, your forced to Bubble (dispeled) dead. Or you try to CC him with repent or hoj, he trinket, you try to heal, he silences or fear, your dead.
    VS Lock: Fear, Slowing curse, dots, fear, teleport, coil, Howl of terror, dots, fear = dead (as already is today, but we can at least cleanse some of those dots)
    VS balance Druid: swarm, roots and run, cyclone and run, typhoon and run
    VS Ele shammy: frost shock, Lol burst, earthbind toten, another lol burst, hex (ok, trinket), and IF you get close to him, thunderstorm.

We can see a padron here, we will suck against all casters. I know that we can heal, can los and stuff, but we will allways be in serios disvantage.

All other melee have some kind of gap closer or a way to reset.
    Warrior: endless charges, snare;
    Dk: Grip, ice chain, snare
    rogue: sprint, cloak, vanish: preparation and repeat

And dont say that they dont have defensive CDs:
    Warrior: Shield wall, last stand, AE fear, Spell reflect, defensive stance, disarm
    Rogue: sprint, vanish, cloak, disarm, dodge
    DK: lol, cant type all

Im not QQ here, just saying that we could have some more defense utility as ret. We look too vunerable.

Quote Originally Posted by Velandia View Post
    Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
    you are right about that.

now lets keep it ontopic and less lecturing. unless its about the paladin class ofc

Four, Not two. Also, you're not alone. :P
    Sanctity of Batle and AoW, thats two :P. I didnt mean the amount of points.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold View Post
    Sanctity of Batle and AoW, thats two :P. I didnt mean the amount of points.
    Oh. Could have been taken either way, thanks for the clarity.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbimojo View Post
    Cleanseyness, dispel protection, stun removal are the sorts of things lost across the board, though, so that doesn't seem like something to be particularly upset about (except as pertains to the continued weakness of Ret's gap closing).

Bubble duration is a bit curious, but may open the door to lowering its CD. 3 minutes seems a bit more appropriate.

So currently, of the things I consider unilaterally lost, I count SS absorb, AOW healing, and bubble duration. Considering what was gained, that seems OK.
    Cleanse is worth a lot more than gaining a 5 yard Interrupt.

Oh. Could have been taken either way, thanks for the clarity.
    Np, the point is it remains stupid :P

Also can someone enlight me in what is the point of Sanctified retribution? Dont we have other classes that provide the 3% dmg increase?