Page 8 of 151 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehel11 View Post
    I agree thirty minutes is far to long, you would use it once in a dungeon and maybe 4-5 times in and endgame raid meaning not every boss encounter...
    Obviously it's a typo, they've been moving away from super long CDs for a long time..

If you think of each boss encounter in an end game raid as a leveling of the playing field, then each person in the raid has a right to use all of their "long" cooldowns to maximise performance. It is impossible for Zealotry to be launched as a 30 minute cooldown by this logic alone. It may be balanced around being usable 2-3 times a fight, where you might want to use it together with AW, or maybe just once - which would probably be during Bloodlust (OOMing you quite fast :P).

Actually, I won't say impossible, BUT if there were a lot of trash between bosses, then it could be the case. Still, highly unlikely, since I remember when LOH and DI were 1hr cooldowns - I didn't use them, because, what if it wasn't the absolute best time to?
    Last edited by Entaaro; 2010-07-22 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Good Captain View Post
    [picard-facepalms.jpg]

He was corrected half a day ago. Move on and contribute, or gee-tee-eff-oh.

I concur.
    no it wasn't, and u failed to show the pic u wanted, try harder next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Akhom View Post
    I think GC said something like:
    "If there's a specc we want to avoid overbuffing, so we don't have to nerf them again, it's ret."

Also concerning the whole pvp issue...as someone said in the old thread yesterday, if you're serious about pvp, go engineer. I think that applies especially for ret's, since you get a speed boost and a ranged interrupt (grenades) plus, you won't have to pop bubble when jumping/being pushed off ledges thanks to the parachute.
    I've made up my mind, collecting materials now
    GC did say that but history has shown what GC says and what is done is another matter.

Dont get me wrong i think the changes are leaps and bounds in the right direction and that they are good ideas but most of them need some polyfiller then some polish and we have a pretty interactive class. ok ok change inqustion to be something new and fresh and not just oh ffs iv had to move from the target unexpecdidly (defile light bombs id like to say bites but a good player would know they had to move and save it) oh noes i got no HP but my inqustion fell of great now my dmg will take a nose dive while i re prep it same problems as ferals savage roar its a clunky mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Azurewraith View Post
    GC did say that but history has shown what GC says and what is done is another matter.

Dont get me wrong i think the changes are leaps and bounds in the right direction and that they are good ideas but most of them need some polyfiller then some polish and we have a pretty interactive class. ok ok change inqustion to be something new and fresh and not just oh ffs iv had to move from the target unexpecdidly (defile light bombs id like to say bites but a good player would know they had to move and save it) oh noes i got no HP but my inqustion fell of great now my dmg will take a nose dive while i re prep it same problems as ferals savage roar its a clunky mechanic.
    I don't think something to maintain as a basis of your dps is plain clunky, probably it's a way to make sure melee classes don't have major advantages over casters when it comes to movement. I mean, we still perform well in these situations, if the movement aspect doesn't require us to get away far from the boss. For example moonkins and warlocks get some new mechanics/new instant spells so their dps won't drop as much when moving, and we're getting something to maintain (except from SoV-stacks, which are already something to watch out for) so we have a little movement penalty, too, or at least something more to take care of.
    It's also about how you _want_ to see these changes, some might say it's clunky and a burden, I'd refer to it as a welcome challenge and a way to master a specc, when there was not much to master at all, before(or at least when your effort didn't have such a great impact on the outcome).

Your target is out of range

--=="The Light and How To Swing It"==--

A nice change by blizzard - "As clarification, Heart of the Crusader is cut. Judgements of the Wise is also cut as a talent. Instead, Ret and Prot generate mana on Judgement passively. Ret then has a 1 point talent to add Replenishment to that effect." Source - http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/26227...aladin-talent/

So, I am thinking a build like this maybe for raid utility: http://www.wowtal.com/#k=7BwkpnZi7.9ob.paladin
    Like music? Check this guy out - http://artificialfear.com/
    Subscribe to his youtube! - http://www.youtube.com/user/ArtificialFear

Ah, but will it crit'? That's the question. Any final word on that, either from testers or blue boogey-men?
    The crit part of Command was my favourite part when playing ret. It's like a windfury proc you know. If it's gone I'll be a sad panda.
    80 80 80 80 80 80 80 80 80 71

Ah, but will it crit'? That's the question.
    Don't breathe this!
    Signature.. Am I doing this right?

Is there any plans to rework the decision to have 4 talent points dedicated to making Exorcism not suck? And honestly, they only partially succeeded.

no talent for Hand of Freedom to get out of stuns??

Quote Originally Posted by Sindy View Post
    Is there any plans to rework the decision to have 4 talent points dedicated to making Exorcism not suck? And honestly, they only partially succeeded.
    Not to mention every spec now has a talent to make it instant cast. What's the point of it having a cast time anymore? Why not just make it instant cast as baseline and replace the talents with something more usefull and exiting?

Or they will change those talents, or overhaul the Exorcism spell completly.

If they just added to the exorcism efect: "and slow target's movement speed by 50% for 8 sec"

I would love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawasaki.gdm View Post
    Or they will change those talents, or overhaul the Exorcism spell completly.

If they just added to the exorcism efect: "and slow target's movement speed by 50% for 8 sec"

I would love it.
    Adding some stupid PvP mechanic doesn't fix the ability...

Thats why you dont need to spec on it then.

Thats why you dont need to spec on it then.
    Is that how you solve all of your problems? Ignore them? Not picking a talent doesn't fix it. There is a problem with putting 4 talent points into a tree dedicated to making a crappy ability almost usable. While i'm confident they'll change either Exo or the talents/number of talents used, i wanted to see what the community thought about it.

There will allways be talents that you wont pick if your going PVE. And talents that you will only pick if going PVP.

Thats why ive said that they will or change the talents or the spell, becose right now is not atractive for PVE or PVP.

There will allways be talents that you wont pick if your going PVE. And talents that you will only pick if going PVP.

Thats why ive said that they will or change the talents or the spell, becose right now is not atractive for PVE or PVP.
    I've said that they will change the talent or the spell as well. I was just curious if anyone has heard anything from Bliz indicating whether they will or will not.

Quote Originally Posted by Sindy View Post
    I've said that they will change the talent or the spell as well. I was just curious if anyone has heard anything from Bliz indicating whether they will or will not.
    So far Ghostcrawler has not commented on Exorcism.

To many pages of nothing to search for a good spec but if 4.0 came out tomorrow I'm 100% sure my spec will be.

5/3/32+1

The +1 si my option Rebuke or Repent I can take either, Currently anything Exorcism and Holy Wrath related aren't worth 6 talent points they need a ton of more changes to be worth dropping 6 talent points for our 2 lowest damaging abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?